Daily challenge trophy question

agamer1

It’s not too bad tbh. I practised the wales one made a mistake and I’m at the top of tier 2 close to sneaking into tier 1. The Spain one I’ve a similar time posted to others around 5.39. 

I certainly recommend having a few dry runs to get a knowledge on the courses and the certain areas that you can slip up on.

its challenging but certainly not close to some trophies you can try to earn on other games. Supposedly the season 4 of this is pretty brutal, I haven’t tried any of the season pass yet though.

5 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Well I just tried and failed to reach tier 1. I was about 9 seconds out after making a small error. It's lead me to the conclusion that this is the most difficult PlayStation trophy in this game (including DLC) AND the history of racing games. Here's why:

- Both luck (which course you get, the performance of other players, how many participate that day etc) and skill are required.
- You can spend hours practicing in different modes, all for nothing. A massive time-sink all for nothing is demoralizing.
- There are no do-overs, if you fuck up you cannot retry. This is crucial because on other challenging racing games it's a case of rinse and repeat til you get it right.
- You need a near-perfect race.
- The car handles terribly and puts you at an unfair advantage to those with different vehicles.
- To place within the top 25% of the players means that you have to be in the minority, the odds are always against you.

It really is such a daunting task for trophy hunters.

Don't overreact. If you drive more slowly and save and don't push the limits to not make any major mistakes you are good to go. I even spin out once and managed to get top 900, which is enough for tier 1. The newest DLC is so much harder in any way.

• Like 3

- The car handles terribly and puts you at an unfair advantage to those with different vehicles.

I don't know how much this will help, or if you tried it already but I changed the brake bias and moved it all the way to the front and shifted the braking force toward the front of the car as shown in the video I posted on the previous page. This made the car a lot easier to control for me, as well as feathering the throttle/R2 button after exiting sharp corners to avoid lighting up the rear and spinning. The fact that the challenge yesterday was in the rain did make it a little trickier.
I hope you can get it next time the challenge comes around. I do agree this trophy will make or break this platinum for most players. I wonder if it'd be fairer if it split the leaderboard based on your input so one for controller and one for steering wheel + pedals.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 1

Well I just tried and failed to reach tier 1. I was about 9 seconds out after making a small error. It's lead me to the conclusion that this is the most difficult PlayStation trophy in this game (including DLC) AND the history of racing games. Here's why:

- Both luck (which course you get, the performance of other players, how many participate that day etc) and skill are required.
- You can spend hours practicing in different modes, all for nothing. A massive time-sink all for nothing is demoralizing.
- There are no do-overs, if you fuck up you cannot retry. This is crucial because on other challenging racing games it's a case of rinse and repeat til you get it right.
- To place within the top 25% of the players means that you have to be in the minority, the odds are always against you.

You can't be serious ? 

First off all: DIRT Rally 1 has 5 trophies like this… su much for "in the history of racing games" (with DIRT Rally 2 in PSPlus only noobs playing atm, this trophy will never be as easy as at the moment).  

Have you even played the DLC :D? I reach the top tier in every event I start but the DLC was a completely different story. 

And why you think practicing is pointless? 

Try to find a good setup for the car on the web and upgrade it completely. Also try to stutter-brake with the audi. you are right that the Audi is a terrible car. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

It's the fact that you only get one chance at it on average 1-2 times per week. The pressure can really get to you and it's so easy to mess things up. Then when you start acting on emotion, being nervous etc all rational thought goes out the window and you can't think straight. It's more a psychological thing than it being the most difficult circuit of all time.
You have the triple threat in terms of difficulty for this one trophy - luck based, grind in practice, skill required.
I 100% DriveClub a few months ago. Had to re-do some of the tracks many times but the fact you have unlimited retries makes anything from it easier than this one trophy alone.
Just imagine in a few months time when the player base dwindles for the game - getting in the top 2,500 out of 10,000 players (today) might not be a problem for some people (it still is for me), but getting in the top 250 out of 1,000 when mostly vets will be playing by that time it's going to be even harder.

Edited by whittle181

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

I know for sure others will feel the same, but don’t get down over this run the event will appear again and you can take your revenge on this challenge next time 

Always take note of the positives like you said you were o seconds  off well next time others might have a more flawed race, anyone who gets top tier probably won’t tackle the challenge again meaning the top tier should be easier to reach

Edited by ValeNort46
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

First "Dirt Rally" Tier 1 was 25% !

In this one (Dirt 2.0), you need to be in top 10% for Tier 1 ! ;)

12 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

i thought that was the case, but trophy description on this site says it top 25%
Top 10% is just ridiculous.

Sadly the guide is new ... and wrong !!

Will probably be updated soon ;)

Just check the comments for the trophy guide, 2 others people confirmed that Tier 1 = top 10% ;)

The easier way for you if top 10% is impossible, is to wait for a delta challenge where there is only 2 tiers ... and so you only need to be top 50% (but you need to have one in the correct group car ... wait and see :D;) )

Edited by seblegamer

50 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

i thought that was the case, but trophy description on this site says it top 25%
Top 10% is just ridiculous.

this guide seems to be the most accurate as In the audio it says to reach top tier depends on the length of the stage rather than saying you need top 10% you need to be about 20 seconds off a 3 mile stage, about 40 seconds off a 4-5 mile stage and 1 min off top time for a 6+ mile stage 

7 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Sadly the guide is new ... and wrong !!

Will probably be updated soon ;)

Just check the comments for the trophy guide, 2 others people confirmed that Tier 1 = top 10% ;)

The easier way for you if top 10% is impossible, is to wait for a delta challenge where there is only 2 tiers ... and so you only need to be top 50% (but you need to have one in the correct group car ... wait and see :D;) )

Ahh in that case I hope that Delta appears sometimes soon with the right circumstances in place, that would be truly merciful to me and those struggling.

16 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Ahh in that case I hope that Delta appears sometimes soon with the right circumstances in place, that would be truly merciful to me and those struggling.

2 new group b 4wd daily challenges appeared  today 

These are the details-

Argentina- Camino de acantilados y rocas 

3.29 miles long, dry surface, midday 

New Zealand- ocean beach spring forward 4.11 miles, dry surface, midday 

With that information a dummy run can be done in custom championship which will

get you ready for the real run

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Canario1988 said:

I did a good run in New Zealand today. Anyone knows if the Tier is able to chance during the day? With more results... as I was very close to Tier 1, but its Tier 2 as I see it highlighted.

It can indeed change, I tested this out myself when going for this trophy, I took a picture on my phone of where I was on the tier bar, a few hours later I checked and it had moved me up a good inch on the screen. 

Of course this means you can also move down if people are posting faster times. So just try your best and good luck! 

Edited by agamer1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Is it essential to have a fully upgraded car to have a chance at tier 1? The only chance I've probably realistically got is doing this in a Delta Daily though, but just wondering if everyone here has upgraded their car to max when they've made tier 1? Thanks!

You can do it with no upgrades, the upgrades will make it a tad easier but not much really.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, agamer1 said:

It can indeed change, I tested this out myself when going for this trophy, I took a picture on my phone of where I was on the tier bar, a few hours later I checked and it had moved me up a good inch on the screen. 

Of course this means you can also move down if people are posting faster times. So just try your best and good luck! 

Thanks for the info!

I finally got it!!! The precious trophy came!!

As I did my run early in the morning y finished in position 32 out of 300 (just out of the top 10% for two positions)

Today morning when collecting the reward I was way upper in the Tier (position 760 of +10000)

As other user said here, while I am doing the trophies I will participate in all daily events for group B with a bad timing to help all the people seeking to earn this one.

Best of luck

9 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Is it essential to have a fully upgraded car to have a chance at tier 1? The only chance I've probably realistically got is doing this in a Delta Daily though, but just wondering if everyone here has upgraded their car to max when they've made tier 1? Thanks!

I got it today and I had 3 upgrades in my Audi Quattro.

It might help also to activate all the driving assistance in settings (i did so and it incredibly improve my hability with this car)

• Like 3

On 20/04/2020 at 8:51 AM, Alex_R-13 said:

Don't overreact. If you drive more slowly and save and don't push the limits to not make any major mistakes you are good to go. I even spin out once and managed to get top 900, which is enough for tier 1. The newest DLC is so much harder in any way.

I actually retract my statement that it's the most difficult trophy of all time because it's also obtainable in Delta Daily - I was previously unaware of that. Still haven't managed to get it in the normal dailies so the Delta should be a saving grace for most of us,
Having said that I do still believe it would be the hardest out there if the Delta Daily wasn't an option. I've looked over the DLC for Dirt 2.0 and yeah the Flatout trophy is going to be one big stressful ordeal. But it's nothing I don't think I could conquer eventually after trial and error / practice and regular restarts. You just don't get that luxury in the daily challenges, and that's what is causing a major headache.
My advice to anyone going for this trophy is to just wait until the Delta Daily comes around. Save your time, energy and stress levels. It's better to have a 50% chance of getting this trophy than a 10% chance.

• 1 year later...
On 20.04.2020 at 4:22 AM, whittle181 said:

wait till you play Assetto Corsa lmao

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, whittle181 said:

I realise I'm ultra late here, but yeah it's not 25% in each Tier

Tier 1 is top 10%

Tier 2 is next 25% (so 10-35%)

Tier 3 is next 40%

Tier 4 is bottom 25%

so if you find yourself getting Tier 3 a lot, that is why. Tier 4 is mostly people who crash a lot or retire.