Immortal Trophy (and how to make sure you get it)

18 minutes ago, KingDrago8 said:

If I kill someone do to friendly fire will I have to restart to?

Try to avoid friendly fire. If you kill someone and don't get a fail screen, you're fine. But if you do, then you have to restart. Killing one person by accident normally isn't a problem.

• Like 3

Im sure ive done the requirements but haven't unlocked the trophy,  ive gone back and replayed some possible chapters to see if theyre the ones that i might have missed, no joy yet. Do you know if i replay a mission and finish it then it automatically goes to the next mission does starting that next mission overide your progress on it? Meaning if you pick out levels you think you might need to replay its just overiding progress on the following mission. If thats the case will have to replay the game from the start and make my way through again, i played the last 7-8 missions in a row so maybe ill just need to work through act 1 and 2 and hope it clicks

8 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

Try to avoid friendly fire. If you kill someone and don't get a fail screen, you're fine. But if you do, then you have to restart. Killing one person by accident normally isn't a problem.

Another question is if I die on a mission can I just continue to the next one and come back to it later or do I have to do it all in order?

I can now confirm that this works! Had been pulling my hair out for days not being able to get this trophy and finally did it your way which worked. I would recommend doing the campaign through in order as once you complete a mission the next one will be wiped as you can’t save and exit until the new mission begins. Thanks for the help! 

• Like 1

Before this thread existed I had already completed the requirements for this trophy by starting a new game on recruit and completing each mission without dying / restarting mission and no dice.

Ended up getting it by completing each mission, in order via mission select. Would wait until the next level loaded, save & quit. Popped at the end of the final mission. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

Gonna add my two cents here, played through and if I died I hit restart mission and absolutely didnt hit restart checkpoint at any point, finished the game and got no trophy however when the credits came up and it was displayed the logos before the actual credits I quit out because I thought that was "technically" the credits, so I redid the final mission again and even died in it and hit restart mission and at the end I waited for the actual credits to roll and just left it due to the slow unlocking system and the trophy popped at the end.

So if anyones having trouble, maybe replay the final mission and let the credits roll for a bit and maybe it'll unlock? hopefully this works for some people

• Like 1

I've been having no end of problems with this trophy, literally at my wits end with this one. Like a lot of others, I replayed the game through without hitting Restart Checkpoint and if I died, I always hit Restart Mission, even if I died right at the end of a mission (which did annoyingly happen a few times). 

Even replayed S. S. D. D, nothing. Finished Endgame and let the credits roll, still nothing. Replayed random missions that people have suggested, like Wolverines!. Once again, nothing. 

I'm totally stumped on this one, and I don't feel like doing a 4th playthrough thanks very much. Gonna move onto other things until it either gets patched or someone figures out a solution. 

Good luck to anyone going for this! 

Edited by SirDave1988
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can you also skip the intro/outro cutscenes? Now I've read somewhere you gotta watch those is that a thing as well?

Don’t quote me, but when I did it I believe I skipped everything after beating my first Veteran playthrough so i could try to speedrun this trophy as I’ve seen the cutscenes a million times over the years. 

• Like 2

On 14-4-2020 at 3:23 PM, verorip said:

i read also that if you exit the game and press continue it counts as checkpoint restarts, if you start a mission you must play from the begining to the end. If pressed continue you need to hit restart mission afterl loading screen

This is correct, you need to finish a mission in one go or else it will count as a reload.

7 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can you also skip the intro/outro cutscenes? Now I've read somewhere you gotta watch those is that a thing as well?

You don't have to watch the cutscenes (or the credits at the end) for the trophy to pop.

Adding my 2 cents here

I ran into this same bug, I played through the whole campaign and when I died I went into the menu and restarted the mission and no trophy in the end.

I started replaying random missions and it popped on the first mission right now and I am 100% sure I did not die on that one.

So my guess to be sure is play each mission and if you die back out and restart from the main menu, and also save and quit after each succesful mission completed.

How I got this trophy in my first try: started the second mission "Team Player" on Recruit difficulty through mission select. Died many times doing stupid mistakes (trying to speedrun), so I would restart in the same mission. I skipped "No Russian" and did the whole campaign in one go. Luckily I got the trophy in the last mission (I was hoping to get it in SS.DD so I can also pop the platinum killing Shepherd). Some say that friendly fire affects the way this trophy works, I would say that you should only restart the mission when you fail because of shooting/killing teammates, during my last playthrough I killed many teammates on accident without failing mission (keep track of them just in case) and still got the trophy.

• Like 1

Played the campaign twice without dying or reloading and trophy dod not pop.

Started again fromm ssdd and after eaxh mission was completed successfully . i saved and quit as soon as next mission starts and selected the mission from mission select screen each time.

Trophy finally popped today after completing gulag.

I think the theory of when you say resume mission does count as a restart checkpoint as this is the only thing that i did on my first 2 playthrough and the trophy did not pop.

Good luck 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Am I able to save and quit in the middle of a mission when I turn off my Ps4 then come back to it when I relaunch the game?

Nope. If you 'Save and quit' you will have to start the mission again.

• Like 1