Immortal Trophy (and how to make sure you get it)

On 4/11/2020 at 10:36 PM, Mathieumatic said:

Try to avoid friendly fire. If you kill someone and don't get a fail screen, you're fine. But if you do, then you have to restart. Killing one person by accident normally isn't a problem.

just got the platinum myself from loading missions and then save quitting and reloading when the next one start and this happened to me on wolverines (the last mission i need) right near the end i killed a teammate but didn't get a fail screen and the platinum still popped at the end of it, thank you so much for this entire forum existing i'm so glad to finally get it completed

• Like 2

i confirm you can press start pause  if you die and push the restart mission it's reset your death to zero , the only thing to focus is the grenades / melee ennemy they do very very big damage and you probably die if a ennemy hit you with melee , the problem is too many ennemies in areas , it's easy to forget one ennemy can kill you very fast.

and you cannot leave one level for continue again , you have to do the level full without leaving , if you take a break and back later on the mission you have stop , reloard the mission because it's count as a checkpoint if you leave the level from start and push continue on menu.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2020 at 8:02 PM, Vivis_apprentice said:

Do you know if i replay a mission and finish it then it automatically goes to the next mission does starting that next mission overide your progress on it? Meaning if you pick out levels you think you might need to replay its just overiding progress on the following mission.

Anyone have an answer to this? I'm jumping around mission select since I already have a number of them completed without reloading/dying, but hoping it doesn't override the progress of the next mission that loads after where I then save and quit. 

18 hours ago, aidan2110 said:

Anyone have an answer to this? I'm jumping around mission select since I already have a number of them completed without reloading/dying, but hoping it doesn't override the progress of the next mission that loads after where I then save and quit. 

Just quit during the cutscene before the next mission and you should be fine

1 hour ago, Mathieumatic said:

Just quit during the cutscene before the next mission and you should be fine

I was unable to get any options to come up until the next mission loads so I would just have to quit application, but I'll try again. 

• 1 month later...

i have some question if i passed some mission without die/reload/ etc. but i came back to this mission again it is count ???
for example - I played Cliffhanger mission without die/reload/ bla bla bla but I came back to make a Ghost trophy and then i get trophy i quit a game
it count for Immortal trophy ?

On 10.5.2020 at 11:03 AM, Mouton33 said:

and you cannot leave one level for continue again , you have to do the level full without leaving , if you take a break and back later on the mission you have stop , reloard the mission because it's count as a checkpoint if you leave the level from start and push continue on menu.

Is this true? So you are not able to easily cut down the required playthroughs to 1 if you would use the veteran glitch (where you have to quit the game)?

Edited by Alex_R-13

I am desperate, played through 3 times already. Once on veteran difficulty and twice without dying. Both no death playthroughs, I started from SSDD until the credits in one go. When I died/failed an objective I restarted the whole mission from the pause menu, but still didn’t get this trophy, what the hell am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I really don’t wanna play this for the 4th time in 48 hours, it’s annoying. Thanks

EDIT: Just got it after completing SSDD again, I don’t know why. I am just glad I got it.

Edited by Konsty_ml

4 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Is this true? So you are not able to easily cut down the required playthroughs to 1 if you would use the veteran glitch (where you have to quit the game)?

Well, it makes sense, because the game loads the last checkpoint and the trophy description says “without dying or reloading a checkpoint”, so the lowest number  of playthroughs is 2. But I think you have to be very lucky to do the platinum with only 2 playthroughs since the “Immortal” trophy is acting up for a lot of people. 

22 hours ago, Konsty_ml said:

Well, it makes sense, because the game loads the last checkpoint and the trophy description says “without dying or reloading a checkpoint”, so the lowest number  of playthroughs is 2. But I think you have to be very lucky to do the platinum with only 2 playthroughs since the “Immortal” trophy is acting up for a lot of people. 

Except for Elite players who can Veteran on 1st run, get collectibles, misc trophies AND without dying lol

Lowest playthroughs is technically ONLY 1, but sure, realistically nobody is going to achieve that.

There can't be many that good though. I'm playing on Veteran and sure, you get through it eventually, but the amount of deaths I suffer, half the time you cant see the enemy that kills you!

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, deeps_rj said:

Just finished and didn't get the triphy nay ideas?

Did you do everything right as advised and no trophy??

Im up to Wolverines at the mo on Veteran, and while looking over past missions, I noticed S.S.D.D says 'not completed' in the bottom left corner, whereas the others say 'completed on veteran'.

I ran through it again, and now it shows my S.S.D.D range score instead off 'completed on x difficulty'.

It seems if you restart S.S.D.D then quit without playing range again, it resets it to 'not completed'.

Just seems to be that one which I noticed so far, perhaps its worth looking over all your missions and making sure each one says 'completed' perhaps.......???

With S.S.D.D, im guessing if you accidently load it, then quit out  it resets it to 'not completed'. Could be the blocker for a lot of players.

EDIT:

Been trying to repeat it now, and sometimes can, sometimes cant, think something to do with S.S.D.D and closing appication.

Basically just check its completed!

EDIT 2:

I dunno what it is with S.S.D.D, it HAD a score by it on the mission overview. I then completed Wolverines, looked over my missions again and that 1 has gone back to 'not completed'.

Im not sure why its happening or whether the 1st mission even affects immortal, but even anyone is sure there have done everything right and still no trophy then LOOK over your mission overviews and make sure each is listed as complete, especially S.S.D.D.

As I get further into the game, i'll keep a look out for it and keep you updated see if I can find exact cause ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Did you do everything right as advised and no trophy??

Im up to Wolverines at the mo on Veteran, and while looking over past missions, I noticed S.S.D.D says 'not completed' in the bottom left corner, whereas the others say 'completed on veteran'.

I ran through it again, and now it shows my S.S.D.D range score instead off 'completed on x difficulty'.

It seems if you restart S.S.D.D then quit without playing range again, it resets it to 'not completed'.

Just seems to be that one which I noticed so far, perhaps its worth looking over all your missions and making sure each one says 'completed' perhaps.......???

With S.S.D.D, im guessing if you accidently load it, then quit out  it resets it to 'not completed'. Could be the blocker for a lot of players

found my problem, Save and Quit apparently counts as "restart checkpoint" so I replayed one mission I remember quiting then got the trophy after finishing it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deeps_rj said:

found my problem, Save and Quit apparently counts as "restart checkpoint" so I replayed one mission I remember quiting then got the trophy after finishing it.

Ah, though you had that covered and was having other problems.

If you Save and Quit, it reloads checkpoint when you resume and it says in the official description 'no reloading from a checkpoint'!

Glad you got it now m8 anyhow

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, XilixiR said:

did allmissions withouth dying and no trophy. 

You must do each mission in 1 run (no reloading/quitting mission).

If you did thst, check each mission overview, make sure they are each labelled as 'completed on x difficulty'.

S.S.D.D just shows a time, but can rrset and say 'not yet completed'.

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You must do each mission in 1 run (no reloading/quitting mission).

If you did thst, check each mission overview, make sure they are each labelled as 'completed on x difficulty'.

S.S.D.D just shows a time, but can rrset and say 'not yet completed'.

the thing is it says completed on veteran from my first run so....... 

7 hours ago, XilixiR said:

did allmissions withouth dying and no trophy. 

Did you "Save and quit" or closed application and then continued a mission? Because you also have to not load a checkpoint, clearing the mission on 1st go without dying/failing an objective/friendly firing/"Save and quit" and such (which all of those will reload a checkpoint).

59 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Did you "Save and quit" or closed application and then continued a mission? Because you also have to not load a checkpoint, clearing the mission on 1st go without dying/failing an objective/friendly firing/"Save and quit" and such (which all of those will reload a checkpoint).

i died sometimes and went back to main menu and restart whole mission by mission select yes... but now doing it in one go, had to restart mission once now due to a fail

it's a dumb trophy anyway

1 hour ago, EdgePlagueis said:

Hi, I can finish all missions in any order or I need to complete all in the classic order? 

It's safer to finishing the missions in the classic order (you can skip No Russian though) since the last played time for missions will count for Immortal trophy.

2 hours ago, EdgePlagueis said:

Hi, I can finish all missions in any order or I need to complete all in the classic order? 

It doesnt matter m8, somebody mentioned above, they just redid the mission they remember reloading checkpoint on, and the trophy popped!

(SEE BELOW FOR THE POST

On 31/07/2020 at 2:48 PM, deeps_rj said:

• Like 1

I'm 100% convinced this is a glitched trophy btw.

I completed it on veteran and most of the intel on the first run, then went back and found the rest of the intel and completed all the miscellaneous trophies along with it. 

I haven't died during any of the runs after veteran, have started every level from the beginning and haven't loaded into a mission from another checkpoint (except for contingency for the trophy, replayed it to straight after for a no death run)

I've played numerous levels more than once and still haven't had the trophy pop.

I'm going to run through the game again from start to finish for a no death run and see what happens.

First though i'm going to quickly re-do the gulag mission as I have a feeling it may be something to do with trophies popping in missions, i'll update when I get it.

*Update:

I thought it might be the fact that because I earned a trophy in the gulag mission it affected the immortal trophy, this was not the case :/ Full playthrough incoming I guess.

Edited by VannQ
Update

1 hour ago, VannQ said:

I'm 100% convinced this is a glitched trophy btw.

I completed it on veteran and most of the intel on the first run, then went back and found the rest of the intel and completed all the miscellaneous trophies along with it. 

I haven't died during any of the runs after veteran, have started every level from the beginning and haven't loaded into a mission from another checkpoint (except for contingency for the trophy, replayed it to straight after for a no death run)

I've played numerous levels more than once and still haven't had the trophy pop.

I'm going to run through the game again from start to finish for a no death run and see what happens.

First though i'm going to quickly re-do the gulag mission as I have a feeling it may be something to do with trophies popping in missions, i'll update when I get it.

*Update:

I thought it might be the fact that because I earned a trophy in the gulag mission it affected the immortal trophy, this was not the case :/ Full playthrough incoming I guess.

Friendly deaths count as a checkpoint reload and have you checked each mission overview to make sure each is actually labelled as 'Completed on X difficulty'?

I ask because I've experienced S.S.D.D. resetting back to 'Not yet completed' at times and currently I cant put a finger on the cause.

Edited by Optinooby

I just got the trophy and i can confirm that you don't need to start a new playthrough on the main menu, just select the 1st mission (S.S.D.D.) on the select mission option on the main menu and start it. For S.S.D.D. you have to complete the pit and set a record, don't kill Shepherd btw, then you'll be able to continue playing normally, you don't to go to the main menu after each mission and select the next one, just keep playing as usual. You can kill team mates as long as you don't get a screen saying "Frieldly fire will not be tolerated", if you die or fail any section just press options and then the option "restart mission" there is no need to go back to the main menu to do so. Also, you can skip the cinematics before the missions start. 

Finally is important to note that i complete the game on veteran firt by using the glitch on every mission, after that on the select mission menu every mission said "completed on veteran" (except for No Russian that i complete on recruit and is not needed for any trophy at all) then i procced to complete every mission by playing normally but this time on recruit difficulty, but still all the missions remains the same "completed on veteran" despite the fact that i complete them on recruit difficulty (except for S.S.D.D. in which only appeared my best time on the pit, 18.55, even after i complete the pit again for my inmortal run in 24 seconds), so there is no need to worry about that... Once i finished the game the credits started i got my inmortal trophy. 

• Like 1