Immortal Trophy (and how to make sure you get it)

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Friendly deaths count as a checkpoint reload and have you checked each mission overview to make sure each is actually labelled as 'Completed on X difficulty'?

I ask because I've experienced S.S.D.D. resetting back to 'Not yet completed' at times and currently I cant put a finger on the cause.

All of them remain on completed on veteran and the SSDD has never reset for me, constantly says my best time.

Haven't had the friendly fire screen since the veteran run, so no idea what i'm missing.

2 hours ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I just got the trophy and i can confirm that you don't need to start a new playthrough on the main menu, just select the 1st mission (S.S.D.D.) on the select mission option on the main menu and start it. For S.S.D.D. you have to complete the pit and set a record, don't kill Shepherd btw, then you'll be able to continue playing normally, you don't to go to the main menu after each mission and select the next one, just keep playing as usual. You can kill team mates as long as you don't get a screen saying "Frieldly fire will not be tolerated", if you die or fail any section just press options and then the option "restart mission" there is no need to go back to the main menu to do so. Also, you can skip the cinematics before the missions start. 

Finally is important to note that i complete the game on veteran firt by using the glitch on every mission, after that on the select mission menu every mission said "completed on veteran" (except for No Russian that i complete on recruit and is not needed for any trophy at all) then i procced to complete every mission by playing normally but this time on recruit difficulty, but still all the missions remains the same "completed on veteran" despite the fact that i complete them on recruit difficulty (except for S.S.D.D. in which only appeared my best time on the pit, 18.55, even after i complete the pit again for my inmortal run in 24 seconds), so there is no need to worry about that... Once i finished the game the credits started i got my inmortal trophy. 

I'll try re-running SSDD a couple of times, fingers crossed ?

1 hour ago, TomVrazo said:

Did all missions on mission select screen, no reload missions and no trophy? Wtf... Did ssdd again still no trophy... -_-

1 hour ago, TBEvn said:

I’m having the same problem 

Had you loaded up any 'completed no death' missions at any point for whatever reason, then quit.....???

Got a feeling that if you load a mission you have already done 'no deaths' on, that it resets the progress for that mission......

Other than that, you cant kill civilians or allies

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Had you loaded up any 'completed no death' missions at any point for whatever reason, then quit.....???

Got a feeling that if you load a mission you have already done 'no deaths' on, that it resets the progress for that mission......

Other than that, you cant kill civilians or allies

Done every mission one after the other without replaying a mission after I completed it, tried replaying both SSDD and the final mission and it still hasn’t popped

6 hours ago, TBEvn said:

Done every mission one after the other without replaying a mission after I completed it, tried replaying both SSDD and the final mission and it still hasn’t popped

If you died, did you restart mission from pause menu, or save and quit and restart mission from mission select??

Also did you close application at any point while in a mission?? Closing app in missions is wierd on this, when I was running S.S.D.D testing a few things, I'd get 4 or so checkpoints in (past the inside range), and when I close app and resume, it put me at the START of S.S.D.D instead of my checkpoint!!!

Wondering if say you do 3 missions in a row without Save/Quitting, then close app while in the 4th mission with plans to just restart that mission from the mission select screen..............because you closed app and didnt save/quit, can it reset all the progress for those missions done since you loaded in???

Just brainstorming m8, closing app definitely resets unsaved checkpoint progress thats for sure so what else does that mean.........

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I got the trophy without any problem, it popped for me on the credits after finishing the last mission.

I played every mission in order and every time I died or failed an objective I just restarted the mission in the pause menu. I didn't start a new game either, just loaded S.S.S.D on mission select and continued until the end in two sittings.

Can also confirm that it works without a problem. I started a New Campaign after finishing my Verteran playthrough.

I played until the Hornets Nest mission and continued on the next day. I did not choose the "continue" in the main menu but the mission select

and chose Hornets Nest. Played the rest of the campaign and when I failed I restarted a mission. After the the credits showed up it took quite a time

like for most of all the other trophies to pop up which gave me a bit of a heart attack for that trophy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quangyy1 said:

I just finished the game second time, and i still dosnt pop.. What the .... am i doing wrong?

Nothing, it's just a broken trophy. I'm not sure who to get in touch with, Beenox are the devs who did the Remaster. They need to be bombarded with complaints or it will never be fixed. Also Activision Assist. It will probably just get ignored though and be another Infinite Warfare. 

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Nothing, it's just a broken trophy. I'm not sure who to get in touch with, Beenox are the devs who did the Remaster. They need to be bombarded with complaints or it will never be fixed. Also Activision Assist. It will probably just get ignored though and be another Infinite Warfare. 

i love that i have used so much time on it then. Shitty remaster

36 minutes ago, Quangyy1 said:

i love that i have used so much time on it then. Shitty remaster

Only advise i can give is if you die/fail save and quit then use mission select, also use mission select if you close the game. It's the only thing that worked for me on my 4th attempt. 

• Like 1

I played all missions via mission select.

done veteran in some 1st try and in some i did the no death run 1st that mean it doesn't resets your progress if you reply the mission

I always after my no death run save quit in the next mission the trophy pop after the credit's aswell(all no death run were on recruit)

• Like 1

I´ve just platinum right now the game!
I´ve though from the start that my trophy was bugged... I´ve missed wolverines to finished it without dying and i went back to finished it. No trophy
Went back to Endgame to finish it without dying and see the credit roll, no trophy
Last but not least, i´ve finished S.S.D.D. WITHOUT KILLING Shepherd (Lucky..) and trophy pop up with platinum included.

So... Does this mean the trophy was patched?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are goin to second playthrough to harvest the other trophies , especially the SSDD ones the Kill shepherd or beat BX time , u will do a lot of reloading and restarting checkpoint . If you are sure you finished every mission without dying , just restart the SSDD and play it in one through correctly . 

When I played second playthrough and finished all missions , I was disappointed didnt pop up. Spend extra 2 hours for restarting missions then I played SSDD and got it with Platinum 

• Like 1

I finished the campaign from start to finish a total of 5 times, 3 of them for this damn trophy. Nothing popped. Then I deleted my save data and started the game fresh, got this trophy after finishing the campaign for the first time on my new save. This is the solution if your trophy is bugged!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I completed the campaign without dying, and the trophy didn’t pop up. I was a little pissed because I had read how the trophy was glitched. 

Then I remembered that I reloaded a checkpoint on SSDD when I got the trophy for shooting the clowns. So I replayed SSDD and Immortal popped. 

Got the platinum, we chilling. 

I got this trophy yesterday without issue.

Completed the game on veteran.

Then I used mission select to do each mission in order and setting difficulty to recruit.

If I died from random grenades, trying to be too rambo, not getting off the roof (aaaarrrgghhh), falling helicopters etc then I restarted the mission from the pause menu.

DONT run the pit more than once - if you do restart the mission from the beginning

DONT kill shepherd for the trophy - if you do restart the mission from the beginning

Friendly fire counts as a failure - restart the mission from the beginning

Failing an objective (such as not protecting the bridge layer) counts as a failure - restart the mission from the beginning

hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24-8-2020 at 2:57 AM, Baze_Basel said:

I finished the campaign from start to finish a total of 5 times, 3 of them for this damn trophy. Nothing popped. Then I deleted my save data and started the game fresh, got this trophy after finishing the campaign for the first time on my new save. This is the solution if your trophy is bugged!!

Thats an idea ! Maybe gonna try it later cuz its the only trophy i need to get. I hope it works ?