Immortal Trophy (and how to make sure you get it)

On 24/08/2020 at 10:57 AM, Baze_Basel said:

I finished the campaign from start to finish a total of 5 times, 3 of them for this damn trophy. Nothing popped. Then I deleted my save data and started the game fresh, got this trophy after finishing the campaign for the first time on my new save. This is the solution if your trophy is bugged!!

damn im over half way through my second playthrough and was thinking the same thing. do you think i should just stop now and delete my save data instead of wasting more of my time. i think i probably should....

• 4 months later...

I can confirm that if you start a playthrough or a mission and stop playing and come back later or another day DO NOT choose “resume game” from the main menu as it will count as restarting a checkpoint. if you continue your game choose the mission you left off on from mission select. Hope this helps anyone having trouble

• Like 2

I've been experiencing terrible luck with this trophy. Luck, or I'm just doing exactly the wrong things... I'm losing my mind. This trophy can't destroy my 100% account... I'm resolving to delete my save data tomorrow, and starting a new campaign and playing completely through as safely as possible. No continues from a save and quit, no fail states, etc. God help me please, I'm so over this.

46 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I've been experiencing terrible luck with this trophy. Luck, or I'm just doing exactly the wrong things... I'm losing my mind. This trophy can't destroy my 100% account... I'm resolving to delete my save data tomorrow, and starting a new campaign and playing completely through as safely as possible. No continues from a save and quit, no fail states, etc. God help me please, I'm so over this.

I was having this issue yesterday. The comment above yours is spot on. The problem is that the game is very picky with what it says is a checkpoint. 

What I did, which worked, was start a no-death, no-checkpoint run from scratch by using "Mission Select" on the main menu and try to do it all in one sitting to avoid issues. If you absolutely have to leave the session when you continue DO NOT hit resume as it counts it as a checkpoint at the start of the level, instead use Mission Select again and pick the level you were up to. Also if you die/fail an objective restart the whole mission from the pause menu on game.

Hope this helps and good luck! ?

I'm currently on The Gulag. I've needed to restart mission already a number of times for poor play; but I have not exited the game and I'm going sequentially. Hoping for success...

Edit: I DID IT! I GOT THE STUPID TROPHY! 

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

• 2 months later...

so just to make sure im understanding this correctly if u press save and quit on a mission especially to avoid death or fail then it basically means u gotta restart the whole entire mission again regardless?

Edited by WOLF-KING98

15 hours ago, WOLF-KING98 said:

so just to make sure im understanding this correctly if u press save and quit on a mission especially to avoid death or fail then it basically means u gotta restart the whole entire mission again regardless?

Yes. Since when you select continue after you close the game (whether it's for avoiding deaths or giving a break), you'll be reloading from a checkpoint which we don't want in this case. Make sure to restart the entire mission (from "mission select" or "restart mission") if you do so.

• 2 months later...

Thank God the trophy popped for me. I absolutely hated replaying this game. The amount of dumb deaths you get is fucked. Full speed on cliffhanger going off the jump and you don't make it. Some mission in act 3 70% done and you get randomly run over by a vehicle with no time to dodge (unless you knew it was coming). Randomly die from mortar/RPG seconds away from end of loose ends, check. 

I use to have good memories about this game but now they're just bad ones lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this today. What I did was make a list of all the missions, and then crossing them off once I knew I had completed them. I started every mission through the mission select, and quit all the way out to the main menu every time I died or failed a mission. I barely completed any of the missions in the right order, but jumped around a lot as I would die repeatedly or get tired of certain missions. It was all okay since I kept track of them. The trophy popped while loading the mission after the last one I had left to complete (The Gulag). 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My experience with this bugged trophy: 

This trophy is odd; I played a playthrough without death with no trophy; this game has two saves in the game's application settings, and I deleted the largest save because I noticed that it gave me an error when I tried to transfer the save file to the cloud. I booted up the game again, and it seemed fresh from the start, with no chapter and missions in progress. I played a few missions, and all previous missions reappeared again; I told myself that it was odd, and the missions reappeared because I did not delete the other save file that included the lntels. My "Immortal Trophy" popped in chapter 2 in the second or third mission. 

My two conclusions on why it bugged me:

1. The largest save file was bugged and needed a deletion
  2. Checkpoints affect the trophy as backing out and resuming the game. 

My second attempt at this trophy worked even though I died, and I started the mission on the chapter selection and not by restarting the game in the mission.

Good luck everyone, and I hope this post helps somebody out in 2023+.

Edited by Remain-Vigilant

• 1 month later...

About halfway through the game I was already bored of it. But this impossible mode is really getting on my nut. I have to redo the Gulag because right before Price rescue, a team mate walks into my line of fire. 

Then on the second to last mission I get wasted by the barrels, then melee killed, then on my last attempt Price actually stopped moving and I couldn't progress into the breach door. 

Was hoping to be do with the crap today, but hopefully I can get it boxed off tomorrow. What a let down overall. I guess the games just didn't age well for me at all.