Confused about Battle Intel Report #17

So Battle Report #17 requires you to "master all 16 weapon skills".

However according to the guide by Power Pyx there are in fact 24 different weapons and weapon skills. Does this mean you only have to master 16 skills and not 24 ? But in the guide PP notes that you can not complete this until you have collected all weapons in the game.

3 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

i got if with 16 weapon skills, and indeed there are more available

So Power Pyx was wrong and you can actually complete this report on the first run before encountering Chadley for the last time in Chapter 16 ? You don't actually need to collect all weapons in the game for this ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut

6 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

So Power Pyx was wrong and you can actually complete this report on the first run before encountering Chadley for the last time in Chapter 16 ? You don't actually need to collect all weapons in the game for this ?

i don't know how many weapons are available, but i indeed completed the report on my first run. 

14 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

You don't need all the weapons to complete the intel report, so technically the "master ALL weapons" description is wrong. That is NOT all the weapons available in the game.

I was talking to Power Pyx on twitter and he said that apparently starting weapons and those you get automatically after bossfights do not count for the Battle Report ? Can you confirm this ? Or can you just learn the skills for the first 16 weapons you get in the game and complete the report and deliver it to Chadley in chapter 16 when you first get there ?

6 minutes ago, bigH03 said:

4 x 6 Weapons for the trophy

This is not about the Weapons Expert trophy. Read my original post

18 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I completed this in chapter 14 and I'm still getting new weapons with new skills.

Yeah the game has a total of 24 weapons. 6 weapons for each character.

Just now, lesk8vaincra said:

Isnt your question already answered?

learn 16 skills. you can complete in one playtrough.

Not quite. Power Pyx told me that starting and automatically obtained weapons and their skills do not seem to count for the report and I still need confirmation on that. I still don't know wether or not I can just master the first 16 weapons I get to complete the Report or if it has to be 16 specific weapons.

1 minute ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Not quite. Power Pyx told me that starting and automatically obtained weapons and their skills do not seem to count for the report and I still need confirmation on that. I still don't know wether or not I can just master the first 16 weapons I get to complete the Report or if it has to be 16 specific weapons.

learn. 16. skills.

you want more details? 

I have learned the skills from:

Cloud: (5 skills learned)

- epee broyeuse (start weapon)

- lame d'acier

- batte cloutée

- épée brute

- lame jumelée

Barret: (5 skills learned)

- mitrailleuse rotative (start weapon)

- fusil d'assaut

- gros canon

- cisaille atomique

- boulet de canon

Tifa: (6 skills learned)

- gants de cuir (start weapon)

- gants renforcés

- poings supersonique

- gants a plume

- griffes en mithril

- gants majestueux

aerith: (1 skill learned)

- baton de défense (start weapon) 

As you can see, i have a total of 17 skills learned, from which 4 are the start weapon.

All weapons count toward the battle intel.

Just now, lesk8vaincra said:

learn. 16. skills.

you want more details? 

I have learned the skills from:

Cloud: (5 skills learned)

- epee broyeuse (start weapon)

- lame d'acier

- batte cloutée

- épée brute

- lame jumelée

Barret: (5 skills learned)

- mitrailleuse rotative (start weapon)

- fusil d'assaut

- gros canon

- cisaille atomique

- boulet de canon

Tifa: (6 skills learned)

- gants de cuir (start weapon)

- gants renforcés

- poings supersonique

- gants a plume

- griffes en mithril

- gants majestueux

aerith: (1 skill learned)

- baton de défense (start weapon) 

As you can see, i have a total of 17 skills learned, from which 4 are the start weapon.

All weapons count toward the battle intel.

No need to be a douche about it.

Also what is the point of posting the weapon names in French ? That's about as useful to me as posting them in Chinese.

But somehow I have the impression you are not actually trying to be helpful anymore.

14 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

No need to be a douche about it.

Also what is the point of posting the weapon names in French ? That's about as useful to me as posting them in Chinese.

But somehow I have the impression you are not actually trying to be helpful anymore.

Do you want me to change my console settings to german just so that you can finally understand what we told you 10 posts ago?

Also, if you just took 10 seconds to read what i took 5 minutes to write JUST TO HELP YOU, you could have figure out that, if out of 17 weapons i mastered, 4 of them are starting weapon, it means...? Yes! Starting weapon DOES count for the battle intel.

Yes, i'm becoming a douche because you just seems to refuse to accept the help people gives you.

so let's be clear just one last time:

- ALL WEAPON SKILLS count toward the battle intel. Just learn 16, from any weapon, the starting weapon or any other weapon.

- YOU NEED TO LEARN 24 WEAPON SKILLS for the trophy "Weapon Expert".

Edited by lesk8vaincra

1 hour ago, Cloudbahamut said:

I was talking to Power Pyx on twitter and he said that apparently starting weapons and those you get automatically after bossfights do not count for the Battle Report ? Can you confirm this ? Or can you just learn the skills for the first 16 weapons you get in the game and complete the report and deliver it to Chadley in chapter 16 when you first get there ?

I'm pretty sure I completed this intel report when I was on Chapter 14 (Chadley is on Sector 8 Slums).

Yes, you can earn the skills for the first 16 weapons you get in the game and complete the report.

Any kind of weapon works (starting weapons, boss rewards, story-quest rewards, purple chests, weapon vendor shops).

You do NOT need to learn ALL weapon skills for this intel quest. NOT the 24 TOTAL weapon skills, but JUST 16 of them.

Hope that answers all your questions. All the info you need is in the guide I wrote for PSNProfiles too.

Edited by mrrj46