How is this game, with the latest patch installed?

HuntingFever

I played through it on Xbox (through Games Pass).  There's a game-breaking bug that won't let me start the last mission -- it just won't set up the marker or push the story forward.  They've known about this for ages, but still haven't fixed it...last patch was in December.

Apparently, the bug exists on PC and PS4.  The fact they haven't made more of a point to fix something so critical should tell you something about how little care they've put into polishing the game after release.

Deluxe version drops in retail stores in a few weeks.  Maybe they'll fix things with a patch at that point.  If not, I'm just going to delete it and assume it will forever be left in a 'broken' state. (Incorrect info -- disregard this bit.  Deluxe came out a long time ago). 

Edited by JesseScott1982

On 12/04/2020 at 7:31 PM, JesseScott1982 said:

I played through it on Xbox (through Games Pass).  There's a game-breaking bug that won't let me start the last mission -- it just won't set up the marker or push the story forward.  They've known about this for ages, but still haven't fixed it...last patch was in December.

Apparently, the bug exists on PC and PS4.  The fact they haven't made more of a point to fix something so critical should tell you something about how little care they've put into polishing the game after release.

Deluxe version drops in retail stores in a few weeks.  Maybe they'll fix things with a patch at that point.  If not, I'm just going to delete it and assume it will forever be left in a 'broken' state.

Do you have a link for that Deluxe Edition? I ask, because the only one I can find is the original one that came out at launch.

Does anyone else have anything to add about the current status of the game?

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, HuntingFever said:

Do you have a link for that Deluxe Edition? I ask, because the only one I can find is the original one that came out at launch.

Does anyone else have anything to add about the current status of the game?

It was a mistake on my part.  There is a deluxe version but it apparently released a long time ago.

I gave up on ever getting a patch to fix the issue.  Clearly the developers have moved on and aren't going to bother fixing the issue.

1 hour ago, JesseScott1982 said:

It was a mistake on my part.  There is a deluxe version but it apparently released a long time ago.

I gave up on ever getting a patch to fix the issue.  Clearly the developers have moved on and aren't going to bother fixing the issue.

Weak, I guess I'll be skipping this game then :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I had fun playing it the only thing that was frustrating/infuriating was the menu lag. I was able to 100% the game doing a platinum and DLC run in Ironman mode on easy then I did the NG+ Ironman Ultra Nightmare. It definitely helps to have the BFG so make sure you buy the deluxe edition add on and not the Rise of Ghosts individually.

• Like 1

i was super unlucky on this game :( hit the bug on the final mission The game just says, "Work with your allies to complete project dagger", but there's no waypoint and no dialog from anyone no way to progress final mission, so thought ok i will run through it again and boom same bug fml 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:53 AM, ToXicChaoS87 said:

i was super unlucky on this game :( hit the bug on the final mission The game just says, "Work with your allies to complete project dagger", but there's no waypoint and no dialog from anyone no way to progress final mission, so thought ok i will run through it again and boom same bug fml 

Did you get all 3 people to level 5? It won't give you any trackers/guidance until you do. You just have to do enough of their colored side quests until you get to level 5 then they will radio in to visit them and gave you their 2nd mission. Once you have completed all 3 of the 2nd missions you can then do the final mission.

On 07/07/2021 at 7:53 AM, ToXicChaoS87 said:

If you have the DLC try and spawn into any of their maps and back again. Worked for me on one of the DLC missions, the mission just wouldn’t spawn until I did it 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 7:12 PM, honeybone said:

Did you get all 3 people to level 5? It won't give you any trackers/guidance until you do. You just have to do enough of their colored side quests until you get to level 5 then they will radio in to visit them and gave you their 2nd mission. Once you have completed all 3 of the 2nd missions you can then do the final mission.

yh i pretty much 100% the game except the final mission, just wont give it to me lol

On 09/07/2021 at 7:22 PM, mikem192 said:

If you have the DLC try and spawn into any of their maps and back again. Worked for me on one of the DLC missions, the mission just wouldn’t spawn until I did it 

yep tried that a long time ago no luck :( i hid the game a while back and moved on haha

• 3 weeks later...