RPG / JRPG Recommendations

CostOut

you can look for the following games

Ar tonelico : Qoga

Atelier Totori : Adventurers of Arland

Atelier Rorona : Alchemists of Arland

White knight Chronicle 1 and 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Cross edge (lots of grinding for trophies)

Demon's soul

Dark souls

Resonance of Fate

Trinity Universe

FF 13

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Imprisoned Souls (JP - DLC)

On a more strategic rpg orientation

Disgaea 3 and 4

Valkiria Chronicles (no trophies)

Record of Agarest war

Record of Agarest war ZERO

Vandal hearths : Flame of judgement (DLC)

UNDER SIEGE (DLC)

• Like 1

- Fallout 3 GOTY

- Fallout: New Vegas

- Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed

- Pokemon Emerald

- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

- Final Fantasy II

- Final Fantasy IV

- Final Fantasy VI

- Final Fantasy VIII

- Final Fantasy IX

- Demon's Souls

- Dark Souls

- Lord of The Rings: The Third Age

- SaGa Frontier

- SaGa Frontier II

- Brave Fencer Musashi

- Vagrant Story

- Fallout 3 GOTY

- Fallout: New Vegas

- Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed

- Pokemon Emerald

- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

- Final Fantasy II

- Final Fantasy IV

- Final Fantasy VI

- Final Fantasy VIII

- Final Fantasy IX

- Demon's Souls

- Dark Souls

- Lord of The Rings: The Third Age

- SaGa Frontier

- SaGa Frontier II

- Brave Fencer Musashi

- Vagrant Story

Well pokemon are nintendo so i doubt he'll get to play those since he posted in the PS3 section unless he buys a DS or 3ds.

Vagrant story is excellent if you don't mind the dated graphics ... i don't remember if they added as a DLC yet but you could get a copy on ebay or wait until they do add it. Same goes for most of FF you listed all the those old school Ps1 RPG. Noted that the the FF games prior to FF7 have been rereleased as ps1 games FF origins, FF anthologies and FF chronicles.

I also forgot Eternal Sonata which doesn't have trophie support.

you can look for the following games

Ar tonelico : Qoga

Atelier Totori : Adventurers of Arland

Atelier Rorona : Alchemists of Arland

White knight Chronicle 1 and 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Cross edge (lots of grinding for trophies)

Demon's soul

Dark souls

Resonance of Fate

Trinity Universe

FF 13

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Imprisoned Souls (JP - DLC)

On a more strategic rpg orientation

Disgaea 3 and 4

Valkiria Chronicles (no trophies)

Record of Agarest war

Record of Agarest war ZERO

Vandal hearths : Flame of judgement (DLC)

UNDER SIEGE (DLC)

These are all great... you can get White Knight Chronicles if you want a game that last a long time... Tales of Graces comes out the beginning of next year... and right now im playing Atelier Rorona to try to platinum it before i start Atelier Totori...

and if you don't care about trophies you should get Eternal Sonata... one of the best RPGs on the PS3 so far in my opinion...

White Knight Chronicles is a fantastic game. The second one comes with the first game as well, so for $60 you get two long, engrossing RPG's. I'd also suggest Valkyria Chronicles as it's one of my favorite RPG's on the PS3. Demons' Souls is very fun as well and I've heard nothing but great things about Dark Souls.

Parker

How much grinding does this need for the platinum? I was considering backloging this, Disgeaea 3 & 4, Trinity universe, and Hyper. Neptunia...

well Rorona is a fetch quest nightmare with time limits, lol... its a fun game but to get one of the endings you have to use your time super wisely and get 100% friendship with everyone (done by the many fetch quests that i was talking about)... i think i can get it done in one more playthrough... there is a good walkthrough on gamefaqs that helps streamline the multiple ending trophies... all in all i think its about a 100+ hour platinum give or take...

Trinity Universe is at least 100 hours... Hyper. Neptunia is about 70-100 hours... and i haven't finished Disgaea 3 and 4 yet because of my major backlog :(

well Rorona is a fetch quest nightmare with time limits, lol... its a fun game but to get one of the endings you have to use your time super wisely and get 100% friendship with everyone (done by the many fetch quests that i was talking about)... i think i can get it done in one more playthrough... there is a good walkthrough on gamefaqs that helps streamline the multiple ending trophies... all in all i think its about a 100+ hour platinum give or take...

Trinity Universe is at least 100 hours... Hyper. Neptunia is about 70-100 hours... and i haven't finished Disgaea 3 and 4 yet because of my major backlog :(

Whoa, seems like you got some work to do. I was thinking about WKC 2, because i love games that require grinding, for some odd reason. Thanks for the heads up though! :wave:

Whoa, seems like you got some work to do. I was thinking about WKC 2, because i love games that require grinding, for some odd reason. Thanks for the heads up though! :wave:

funny enough, i love the grind also... maybe thats why i got the WKC1 platinum (taking over 500 hours)... after doing something like WKC platinum, Rorona doesn't seem all that bad in comparison, lol... after my next playthrough of Rorona it should be a cake walk... or should i say a PIE walk since i have to make a bunch of pies in the game for one of the trophies :)

anyway... i can vouch for WKC2... its a really great game but after 600 hours of the White Knight Universe i took a much needed break... i will go back for it later... but i want i want to get Rorona out of the way so i have get Totori in the works :)

funny enough, i love the grind also... maybe thats why i got the WKC1 platinum (taking over 500 hours)... after doing something like WKC platinum, Rorona doesn't seem all that bad in comparison, lol... after my next playthrough of Rorona it should be a cake walk... or should i say a PIE walk since i have to make a bunch of pies in the game for one of the trophies :)

anyway... i can vouch for WKC2... its a really great game but after 600 hours of the White Knight Universe i took a much needed break... i will go back for it later... but i want i want to get Rorona out of the way so i have get Totori in the works :)

Maybe you could send me your RPG's so i don't have to buy them! :lol:

Haha, thanks. Will be getting my hands on Rorona sometime....

Maybe you could send me your RPG's so i don't have to buy them! :lol:

Haha, thanks. Will be getting my hands on Rorona sometime....

RPG players are known for collecting their games ... i doubt you'd even see the shadow of his game librairy outside his gaming room lol.

agreed... but it was worth a good "LOL"

There are those games that i will simply never get rid of but on the other hand there have been some that i offload to eat the cost of new games but i have to know for sure that i will never play that game again for whatever the reason is...

but there is truth to us RPG/JRPG fans collecting games... and right now its rare that i own anything that isn't an RPG... a lot of that reason is that i feel like i get my moneys worth out of them because they take so long to platinum... but i have always been a big fan of playing out the stories in video games (mostly RPGs) ever since Dragon Warrior first came out on the NES...

anyway... i stand firm with Eternal Sonata being one of the best JRPGs on the PS3 to this day... it just doesn't have trophies.

i think i have more then 200 games either on psp1 ps2 ps3 psp or ds/gameboy advanced (not counting PC games)

i 'd say 40% is rpg 20% is strategy and 35% are Strategy RPGs or i considered they them a mix of either and another genre.

And the remaining 5% are oddballs like LBP or we love katamari (not taking into accounts my soul mate's huge collection of The SIMS and nintendogs lol)

Folklore

Enchanted Arms

Valkyria Chronicles

Eternal Sonata

Tales Series

Atelier Series

Hyper Dimension Neptunia 1 & 2

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

Record ofArgarest War 1 & 2

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

Wizardry

Resonance of Fate