Would you like to see a sequel to the game?

So, what do you say?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like/want one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hi, PSNProfiles users. 

I recently finished DmC Devil May Cry in my other profile, and after seeing how it ended + seeing the DLC Vergil's Downfall ending, it got me thinking "man, even though the game has its years, I'd like to see a sequel". So, I got curious and thought it'd be interesting to see what other people think about it.

Yes, I know the game received criticism when it was 1st shown and even after it got released. But still, I'd like to know what you think

Edited by IceSoul21
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a sequel to this game. I liked the game very much, I think a lot of the hate was because of "NOT MY DANTE" and didn't give it a chance. It takes the characters and brings them into a different world. Introduces new characters while getting rid of some of the staples, kept things refreshing. But with Ninja Theory being acquired by Microsoft, if they ever do make a sequel it probably won't come to PlayStation.

1 minute ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

It would be super awkward switching between the main series and these games(maybe Capcom could give Ninja Theory more control over developing a spin-off series), but a sequel would be awesome

Yeah, it'd be awkward, but your idea of Capcom giving NT control over it and making it a spin-off series sound pretty good :D 

• Like 1

Novfor me, it's a solid game gameplay wise I'll agree. But some of the stuff felt a little less DMC flavor and little too similar to NG. I do like the idea they had with trying to modernize the demons.

Also as a player of the series since it's beginnings part of the reason why long term fans felt peeved off with it was the fact Ninja Theory kept making jabs at the originals through the game like see ours is better/cooler. It felt less about giving little easter eggs for fans and more of making fun of the source material. Which yeah long terms fans are gonna call them out for.

(Vergil was arguably better in the NT game though over Capcom's whole series. Anti-Villian role to the T)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:05 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I'd like to see a sequel to this game. I liked the game very much, I think a lot of the hate was because of "NOT MY DANTE" and didn't give it a chance. It takes the characters and brings them into a different world. Introduces new characters while getting rid of some of the staples, kept things refreshing. But with Ninja Theory being acquired by Microsoft, if they ever do make a sequel it probably won't come to PlayStation.

I liked it a lot too, and I think it has a lot of potential for a spin-off series if done right.

I'll be honest and say that when I watched the 1st trailer, I didn't like new Dante that much, but I did like how he developed throughout the game, going from a guy who doesn't care about anything to someone who cares for Kat and decides to be the one to protect humanity.

Regarding NT being part of Microsoft now, you never know. They could release it at some point and after a year they could announce it's coming to more platforms.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Novfor me, it's a solid game gameplay wise I'll agree. But some of the stuff felt a little less DMC flavor and little too similar to NG. I do like the idea they had with trying to modernize the demons.

Also as a player of the series since it's beginnings part of the reason why long term fans felt peeved off with it was the fact Ninja Theory kept making jabs at the originals through the game like see ours is better/cooler. It felt less about giving little easter eggs for fans and more of making fun of the source material. Which yeah long terms fans are gonna call them out for.

(Vergil was arguably better in the NT game though over Capcom's whole series. Anti-Villian role to the T)

That's ok. I just wanted to see what other poeple thought about it.

Maybe since I've not played any other NT game, I didn't feel the same way you did when you played.

I'll agree with that and say that the part of the 1st mission when the wig lands on Dante's head and he say "not in a million years" was uneccesary and "mean" to the OG games 

Just now, TheNazyKiller7 said:

I would much rather prefer a sequel to DMC5 since that game was actually good. 

I haven't played DMC5 since I don't own a PS4/Xbox One or a powerful enough PC, but if there's more story they can tell after DMC5's ending, then, yes, they can continue with the main series.

Crazy thing is, this was the first Devil May Cry game I ever played! I didn't play the others because I was a kid when they came out and was only able to get so many games on my PS2- no money so I had to rely on birthdays and Christmas, but they weren't a priority buy even though I thought they looked cool. I was unimpressed by the reveal trailer but then a friend lent it to me telling me it was way better than everyone was saying, so I gave it a go and he was right! Sure, Dante is a stuck up little prick and the storyline is pure nonsense but I still really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'd only want a sequel if it was capcoms characters finding out about these dumpster fire characters and crossing over to eleminate them

I...don't think that could happen ?.

9 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Crazy thing is, this was the first Devil May Cry game I ever played! I didn't play the others because I was a kid when they came out and was only able to get so many games on my PS2- no money so I had to rely on birthdays and Christmas, but they weren't a priority buy even though I thought they looked cool. I was unimpressed by the reveal trailer but then a friend lent it to me telling me it was way better than everyone was saying, so I gave it a go and he was right! Sure, Dante is a stuck up little prick and the storyline is pure nonsense but I still really enjoyed it. 

In my case, I played all of the OG DMC games before the reboot (except for Dante's Disc in the PS2 cause for some reason, it never worked), but was willing to give the reboot a chance once it didn't cost that much.

Well, Dante develops a througout the story, right? So, maybe calling him a prick applies only at the beginning of the game? And regarding the story, I mean, in this new universe I think it made some sense ?

4 minutes ago, IceSoul21 said:

I...don't think that could happen 1f630.png.

In my case, I played all of the OG DMC games before the reboot (except for Dante's Disc in the PS2 cause for some reason, it never worked), but was willing to give the reboot a chance once it didn't cost that much.

Well, Dante develops a througout the story, right? So, maybe calling him a prick applies only at the beginning of the game? And regarding the story, I mean, in this new universe I think it made some sense 1f605.png

Well it's a possibility lol I'd definitely play it

• Like 1

Absolutely not. I didn't really understand the hate for this game until I started playing the mainline DMC games. The story and characters are horrible and don't even begin to compare to their original counterparts. Gameplay was good, but it pales in comparison to DMC5. Itsuno and Capcom are probably already planning something to follow up DMC5 and I don't really see the point of them ever needing to make a sequel to this knockoff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Well it's a possibility lol I'd definitely play it

I mean, I think it'd be cool if somehow OG Dante goes to the other universe and has a fight with DmC's Dante and then leaves after "testing" this other version of himself.

25 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Absolutely not. I didn't really understand the hate for this game until I started playing the mainline DMC games. The story and characters are horrible and don't even begin to compare to their original counterparts. Gameplay was good, but it pales in comparison to DMC5. Itsuno and Capcom are probably already planning something to follow up DMC5 and I don't really see the point of them ever needing to make a sequel to this knockoff.

That's fine, we all have our own opinions.

I mean, I think the story had potential to continue and develop the characters/gameplay more ?

54 minutes ago, IceSoul21 said:

I mean, I think it'd be cool if somehow OG Dante goes to the other universe and has a fight with DmC's Dante and then leaves after "testing" this other version of himself.

That's fine, we all have our own opinions.

I mean, I think the story had potential to continue and develop the characters/gameplay more 1f605.png

Let's face it if Dante and Virgil crossed over and met these counterparts they would outright kill them. This might actually help reconcile the brothers over a mutual clothing for the counterparts 

The gameplay for ninja theory's game was alright but the story and characterization of Dante and Virgil just felt like they was intentionally dragging them through every dirty diaper factory and every manure pile possible this was a slap in the face and kick in the jewals to the Capcom fans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WatertownsFinest said:

I never understood the hate this game received. I feel like if they had made the exact same game w/o it being related to DMC, no one would of had an issue. It plays great imo 

That was the main issue. Calling it a DmC game, if they made a new IP, changed the character's name and said "it's inspired (the combat at least) in the DMC series" then I guess people'd have liked it more/being more open to a saga/series.

30 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Let's face it if Dante and Virgil crossed over and met these counterparts they would outright kill them. This might actually help reconcile the brothers over a mutual clothing for the counterparts 

The gameplay for ninja theory's game was alright but the story and characterization of Dante and Virgil just felt like they was intentionally dragging them through every dirty diaper factory and every manure pile possible this was a slap in the face and kick in the jewals to the Capcom fans 

Well, yeah, that'd happen, but I don't think OG Dante'd be okay with killing them. I think Vergil is most likely to do so, or not. IDK if he changed after the events of DMC5 since I haven't played it.

1 minute ago, IceSoul21 said:

That was the main issue. Calling it a DmC game, if they made a new IP, changed the character's name and said "it's inspired (the combat at least) in the DMC series" then I guess people'd have liked it more/being more open to a saga/series.

Well, yeah, that'd happen, but I don't think OG Dante'd be okay with killing them. I think Vergil is most likely to do so, or not. IDK if he changed after the events of DMC5 since I haven't played it.

At the very least of Dante would make Swiss cheese out of them then go order a pizza while Virgil does his thing

Actually I would like to see how this alternative story would end. Sure it wouldn't beat the main games (one of ky fav franchise to this day) but... Sure i wouldn't mind seeing Vergil being trashed again. 

Just change the directors... I dont think i would stand another butchery of characters

23 hours ago, Copanele said:

Actually I would like to see how this alternative story would end. Sure it wouldn't beat the main games (one of ky fav franchise to this day) but... Sure i wouldn't mind seeing Vergil being trashed again. 

Just change the directors... I dont think i would stand another butchery of characters

That's the thing I want to see: how'd the story conclude, and I agree (I love the main series), but seeing more of the development these characters would be interesting.

9 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

You dont look a day over 12,000

Fuck you

Fuck you

Fuck you

Fuck you

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU

Yeah thats a no from me lmao

It took me a few minutes to remember that that was part of Dante's & the Succubus "conversation" ?

That's fine. I was just curious to see what other people think about the idea ?

Edited by IceSoul21
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...