Full effort into Götterdämmerung or Hard Playthrough first?

xeScenCex

Wonder what’s harder? Beating Pride & Joy and go crazy with Limit off start or play Hard Ch 1 to 17 and get it before FINAL BOSS?

Thanks for replies.

Just getting the last trophies on normal and then there are only the last 3 bridal left and the hard mode bound trophies. Looking for the easiest was to do them.

Edited by xeScenCex

Götterdämmerung trivializes a lot of fights, especially non-boss battles are often over the second they start. Grinding your character and materia levels is pretty quickly done at the start of chapter 16 too. If you are going for the platinum, you'll have to beat Pride and Joy anyways, so you might as well do it right away. The only hard thing is the Bahamut fight anyway and even that isn't bad as long as you use Manaward to half the damage taken from his instakill attack. Just run Barrier materias on two characters and it won't be that hard.

That all being said, I just got Götterdämmerung today, just after finishing the first 13 chapters without it. Playing on hard definitely makes you learn the battle system properly. I feel like I appreciate it more now, because I didn't really get it going through on easy. You dont have to use Items, Magic or Staggermechanics at all on easy. 

Tl;dr If you just want the game to be as easy as it can be, go for Götterdämmerung first. If you wanna be good at the game, do hard mode first.

Edited by drthomys

44 minutes ago, Rodrister said:

I read everywhere you need Reprieve for Bahamut and then I read that you only need Barrier. Wow 

Reprieve is really nice to have, but there's a few problems with it. 1. It's harder to acquire than Barrier, 2. Reprieve can only save you once, but for an inexperienced player Bahamut will likely be able to pull off two Megaflares during the fight instead of just one and 3. If you don't know how to fight properly yet, you may lose Reprieve before Bahamut does Megaflare. Since it can only be activated once per battle, that would leave you helpless. 

Edited by drthomys
  • Like 1