this is no 3 difficulty

visvoer18

how can people say this is just a 3 or 4 difficulty game? in my oppinion its at least en 8. the no detah runs of 2 levels are insane. when I finished the last level I decided I wouldnt even try it since I was strugling so much. the wendigo level was doible but but the the tear and between the pages nope.

I am sure I could get between the pages but it would probatly take me at least 10 hours to get it. I did spent 5 hours on it already and only got 4 or 5 times to the triangles the hardest part.

the tear I wouldnt get in a million years.

too bad this is a plat I will never get but my sanity demands I just give it up. I know other people might have less problems with it but this being a 3 is just an insult because its way harder then that.

• Like 1

im passed that point between the pages  I spent around 5 hours trying  and I only got about he halfway point a few times which is where the difficulty realy starts. I know without a doubt that with enough practice I could complete that one but it would take me at least another 10 hours

then the tear even if I tried my whole life I could never do that one without deaths way o many gyroscope things together with pixel perfect jumps. I see myself beating darksouls blindfolded  before beating that level without any deaths. that level I wouldnt get in a million years. thats why I decided between the pages isnt worth it either since I wont get the plat anyway.

relay too bad and I can see why some people have way les trouble with it but even then its not a 3 I have beaten games that where ranked 6 or 7 and where way easier then this.

Maybe leave the game for a while and go back to those levels when you're in the right headspace. When you end up failing over and over again you lose focus, which can be very frustrating.

I played the game on the go and didn't really struggle with it at all tbh (except for one missing collectible). All I can tell you is to take your time, try to be calm and don't rush it so you don't mess up on those harder sections. 

I really hope you don't give up on those last two trophies. You're so close already!

• Like 2

yeah I started this game in 2016  and gave up since I couldnt find a few spagehtti tried it a few times in between and finaly found them a few days ago. that made me wnat to complete the game. the thing is I know myself realy well and the tear is impossible for me to complete without dying. im realy terrible with motion and gyro controlls already and I hate them with a passion most of the time.

I know for a fact I wont ever be able to complete that one no ammount of practice is gonna help me with that sadly.

also just 1 or 2 trophies short is not like that never happened to me before.

I gave up on dokuro as well 1 trophy short of the plat.

and I also did that with need for speed undercover on vita. IMight get back to it for the mp trophies (didnt get those due to requiring orign account which I dont want) but gold on all events isnt possible for me as well those speedrun events are rediculus I cant get those either. its annoying missing  the plat due to 1 of 2 trophies but it hapens sometimes.

I am just trying to clean up my trophy list a bit. I wnat to raise my completetion. most gams I cnat complete anyway like mortal kombat and or dead or alive but all trophies that I can still get is another one to raise my completion.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You just have to practice them over and over again. And when you die, don't stop and start over, keep playing to the end as though it's still a real run where you can't die. That way you practice everything evenly. It's frustrating as hell but you'll get it eventually. Maybe it's not a 3 but it's definitely not an 8.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emailking said:

You just have to practice them over and over again. And when you die, don't stop and start over, keep playing to the end as though it's still a real run where you can't die. That way you practice everything evenly. It's frustrating as hell but you'll get it eventually. Maybe it's not a 3 but it's definitely not an 8.

I never said it was an 8 though lol but in the end I dd get it  I still say a low 7 or high 6 would be more fair though

8 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

I never said it was an 8 though lol but in the end I dd get it  I still say a low 7 or high 6 would be more fair though

On 13/04/2020 at 11:32 AM, visvoer18 said:

how can people say this is just a 3 or 4 difficulty game? in my oppinion its at least en 8.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, visvoer18 said:

dang you right my bad lol I read my posts again since it was a long time ago and I missed that so I thought I didnt say that

but yeah 8 is too high it was probatly because I was mad back then

Lol 

I will admit, and I can’t remember which parts exactly, but some were hard. I remember spending time on various sections that were harder than the guide stated.

you did it though, which is all that matters!

i agree with OP. Played this years ago on plus and found it way more difficult than a 3 in places. Its now stuck at 50% odd and a stain to my profile lol

I do wish guides on this site did a general difficulty like on playstation trophies, as most can be skill dependent, guides need to be balanced out a bit more to suit all 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikem192 said:

i agree with OP. Played this years ago on plus and found it way more difficult than a 3 in places. Its now stuck at 50% odd and a stain to my profile lol

I do wish guides on this site did a general difficulty like on playstation trophies, as most can be skill dependent, guides need to be balanced out a bit more to suit all 

agreed of use 2 numbers 1 for avarage playaer and 1 for  people who are good at those kinds of games this is especialy evident in smups  for the avarage player you can add  ah 2 or 3

ofcourse this doesnt go for the extremely easy ones which you cna plat in half an hour but you get what I mean

2 hours ago, mikem192 said:

I do wish guides on this site did a general difficulty like on playstation trophies, as most can be skill dependent

Yeah, for this reason I would always suggest taking an additional look at PST if they have a guide up too.

I really love the layout of PSNP’s guides, especially with the trophy tracker, and the fact you can click a trophy in the header and it takes you right to the description. But PSNP guides have always been a bit faulty when it comes to time estimates and difficulty ratings since it’s all based on the experience of the guide author. PST  ratings are based on community averages which I find to be far more accurate most of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah, for this reason I would always suggest taking an additional look at PST if they have a guide up too.

I really love the layout of PSNP’s guides, especially with the trophy tracker, and the fact you can click a trophy in the header and it takes you right to the description. But PSNP guides have always been a bit faulty when it comes to time estimates and difficulty ratings since it’s all based on the experience of the guide author. PST  ratings are based on community averages which I find to be far more accurate most of the time.

Totally agree with you there mate. I have guides on both and i tend to use the PST average to base mine on and not my own experience. I think it's more fair that way. I always check both sites if i'm 50/50 about a game anyway to get a more generalised overlook

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Totally agree with you there mate. I have guides on both and i tend to use the PST average to base mine on and not my own experience. I think it's more fair that way. I always check both sites if i'm 50/50 about a game anyway to get a more generalised overlook

That’s a smart idea. ? Because I’ve encountered quite a few examples of games that are rated several points lower on PSNP than they are on PST and end up feeling way off in difficulty. 

I believe one reason for this is because anyone writing a guide for a specific game likely knows that game inside & out, and possesses higher knowledge and skill than an average shmuck picking it up for the first time (aka me lol). So a guide author basing everything on their personal experience likely won’t reflect the reality for many people who play the game.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...