Which difficulty to start with

Prime3324

On 17/06/2020 at 10:19 AM, Optinooby said:

For those who have goty or ce, start B&W dlc. Make a save, then quit to main menu menu, new game, new game+ and then load save you just made.

You will start the base game at lvl 34, with 20000g, tonnes of gear, 44 ability points to spend, plus you can access legendary stuff first run!

Is this still working or has this been patched? ?

3 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Is this still working or has this been patched? 1f440.png

It does as far as I know, I dunno why more dont bring it up, i think its a awesome trick

Some will say it makes the game harder, but the game is hard at the start in DM no matter what.

The change is nirmally felt going from NG to NG+, but u wont feel that change as u are not doing that. It will just feel like normal DM, starts of hard and gets easier

Goid thing here though is u get massive, MASSIVE, headstart with stuff, saves lots of grinding

• Like 2

definitely go with the hardest, it takes a little bit of practice, and ofc about 12 levels for some comfortability.

but witcher 3 is one of those games that only gets better at higher difficulties, you need to make use of potions aand any edge you can get your hands on, on a lower difficulty you can skip big chunks of the game as unnessercary.

• 4 months later...

Start with what you feel comfortable with to learn the game. By your second play through you should be able to know how to make the game work for you and get those difficulty trophies. 
There’s too many dynamics for me I’m too impatient and I like to hack and slash or all guns blazing ? good luck and kudos to the patient tactical players 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drfk168 said:

I'm about to start the game and found this thread very helpful in convincing me to start on the hardest difficulty. I was having second thoughts after reading this story about Henry Cavill struggling to play the game's Death March difficulty

Perhaps you can try this "exploit".

• 5 months later...

I see no reason not to begin on DM. The same old combat tactics from The Witcher 2 remain effective here: cast Quen, strike the enemy 2-3 times, dodge/roll away, repeat. Works on nearly every battle in the game. If you bother to use potions and oils, it gets even easier.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:19 AM, Optinooby said:

For those who have goty or ce, start B&W dlc. Make a save, then quit to main menu menu, new game, new game+ and then load save you just made.

You will start the base game at lvl 34, with 20000g, tonnes of gear, 44 ability points to spend, plus you can access legendary stuff first run!

I think I will do this thxs!