Style Icon / Prize Bonanza Glitches (when switching to Move edition)

StacFace92

I know the plat has been unobtainable for new players for a couple of years now (Shopaholic trophy) but thought I'd post this for those like me who finish it off late or for anyone who just wants all the other trophies.

I started off with the original version of Eyepet (with the card rather than the move controller) and then downloaded the Move edition from the PSN store and switched to playing with that as I read online it was much easier with the Move (it is - it registers your moves better and many of the challenges have a lower score requirement for gold). However, I did experience a couple of glitches doing this that people should be aware of if going for trophies.

Firstly - Prize Bonanza. I found when I switched that, whilst my scores for the challenges carried over, I did not have the item prizes. I was able to obtain these again by replaying the challenges and achieving gold again (it doesn't show the prizes at the end like it normally does, but those items do appear in your prizes after doing this). Fortunately for me, I switched before playing the "Let's Draw" challenge on day 3. This challenge will be locked out after playing it once (you can't replay it), so if you played this version on the original version of Eyepet and then switched to Move, you wouldn't be able to replay this challenge to get the item prize and would be prevented from earning the Prize Bonanza trophy with that pet.

Secondly - Style Icon. I'm not entirely sure if this one is linked to the switching of versions, a glitch unique to the Move edition or just a random glitch I had. I wasn't able to unlock Style Icon at all on my Move edition save. I noticed this one as I got towards the end of the pet programme challenges and looked at the trophy list to see what else I needed to do. I'd already done up to day 14 on the pet programme, which if the trophy counts clothing and fur changes would give me more than 10 looks just from doing the photo challenges. I then tried doing 10 new looks in a row and still didn't pop. I ended up going back to the original version of Eyepet and it popped after 9 clothing changes on that save.

I'm hoping this doesn't affect any further trophies, but I haven't earnt ones like the 50 drawings or 25 songs yet so don't know if these could be affected too. I'd definitely say it was still worth switching to the Move edition for me just for how much easier it is, but if you're doing ok at the normal edition and are quite far then it might be different for you.