Foundation collectibles trophy glitched?

steel6burgh

• 4 months later...

No you're fine.  Follow the instructions In my above post, the game tracks collectibles as a number across playthroughs and has a revert to end game feature to replay the dlc's.  Never to end game, start the dlc, pick up one collectible and the trophy will pop. 

4 hours ago, MisterMystro said:

I think I just had this glitch.  Followed a guide for all the collectibles for The Foundation and the trophy did not pop.  However, I don’t have cloud saves to revert back to.  Am I SOL?

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 11:59 PM, steel6burgh said:

it's actually a glitch that has happened to quite a few people come to find out.  solution is back up save.  Start game/mission select/end game.  This starts you over from the end of the base game.  Follow instructions until you enter the foundation.  Pick up one collectible and the trophy should pop.  At that point just close out and restore save from the cloud.

This is exactly what happened to me just now, had all Collectibles and no Trophy, backed up to the cloud and Mission Select, picked up the first Collectible in The Foundation and the Trophy popped, thanks for the explanation. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, steel6burgh said:

it's actually a glitch that has happened to quite a few people come to find out.  solution is back up save.  Start game/mission select/end game.  This starts you over from the end of the base game.  Follow instructions until you enter the foundation.  Pick up one collectible and the trophy should pop.  At that point just close out and restore save from the cloud.

Over a year later and I was hit with the glitch. I followed the guide and the video that was used and checked twice and had everything. Found out about the hotline glitch. Your post is still helping as it helped me. I uploaded my save to the cloud and started the foundation over and the first collectible I found popped the trophy.

Glad I found your post.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:59 AM, steel6burgh said:

I have the same problem with the collectibles. But the way you wrote doesn't work for me. 

(PS4 Version of Control playing on the PS5) 

59 minutes ago, SxcietyLxser said:

I have the same problem with the collectibles. But the way you wrote doesn't work for me. 

(PS4 Version of Control playing on the PS5) 

try picking up more collectibles it works as quite a few people have mentioned above that it has also been the solution for them.   could it be you were missing more than 1 collectible?

Edit:  you sure you picked up all but one collectible?  why would you restart the DLC prior to finishing it the 1st time and completing some but not all of the side missions.  The method works so either you didn't do it right or you were missing more than one collectible.  My advice would be to finish both dlc's and then go back and reset the game back to right after you finished the main game and then go to the foundation and pick up collectibles until the trophy pops.  The idea behind this is the game is keeping track of a number of collectibles you have picked up instead of checking off each individual collectible you pick up. it calculates this number across multiple play throughs so technically you could pick up half in one play through and half in the other end it would count.  You could restart the dlc 50 times once for each collectible you are suppose to pick up and just pick up the 1st one lets say 50 times and that would count as 50 collectibles.  

Edited by steel6burgh

• 2 months later...

So, just an FYI, I thought I also had this glitch, as I followed two different guides to make sure I had everything, and I did. So, I was about to back-up, and try the method listed here, but I had not actually started the last mission. So, I decided to play thru and sure enough, after my Strong Foundation Trophy popped, right after, I got the research trophy. I was indeed missing a hotline, "Departure". Make sure you finish the game at least once before doing anything rash. Just my two cents. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For me, Subterranean Research & A Strong Foundation trophies popped at the same time after beating the boss. Hotline collectables DO COUNT for Subterranean Research trophy. The final collectable (Hotline, Board - Departure) is unlocked when you return to Crossroads after the boss battle.

Edited by kenseizenkai

I had this issue with both playthroughs I did. I can't find the documentation off hand, but it was determined that the main issue is the very first file you'll pick up when starting a freshrun. A good half the time the game won't add it to your collection count despite visually showing it did and it won't be obvious this happened until you're a good ways into clean up. Finish clean up, then start a freshrun of the DLC, grab the file, trophy pops.