matéria.

Mouton33

1 hour ago, supertrunksman said:

You can for sure have more than one, as almost every materia vendor I see has chakra and revival for sale.

I have not seen a 2nd prayer yet, I'm on chapter 12 btw.

I think the Time materia is rare too.  I was only able to find it via a side quest in chapter 14.  Could be elsewhere though, but my only luck was said side quest.

Heck, I did the side quest again (cause I needed the enemy skill from these enemies) and was given Time materia again, so I do have a second one now.

Think you get Time Materia from Chapter 16 (it's in the middle-platform) if I recall correctly.

As for Revival, just like MP Ups/HP Ups vendors have them. Not sure where to get the Prayer Materia (I had 2 for my Hard playthrough) but they're REALLY USEFUL AND ESSENTIAL for the Hard playthrough, since it allows you to heal your whole party (2,5k~ HP at max level) without consuming any MP (reminder that MP won't be regenerated in Hard)

4 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

Think you get Time Materia from Chapter 16 (it's in the middle-platform) if I recall correctly.

As for Revival, just like MP Ups/HP Ups vendors have them. Not sure where to get the Prayer Materia (I had 2 for my Hard playthrough) but they're REALLY USEFUL AND ESSENTIAL for the Hard playthrough, since it allows you to heal your whole party (2,5k~ HP at max level) without consuming any MP (reminder that MP won't be regenerated in Hard)

MP doesn't regenerate at all? Well that renders the weapon upgrades useless then. Time to focus on leveling prayer some more then.

58 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

What I don't get is why you can't buy Air materia. It's a common elemental weakness yet isn't readily available like the other ones.

You can buy up to three copies from the kid who gives the battle intels.

I wish there was at least one more Magnify, First Strike and Elemental Materia. I currently have Magnify linked to a maxed out healing materia, but I'd love another to link to a magic materia. I get why Magnify isn't in abundance, the game mechanics aren't taxing enough to need more. But it would be lovely to have 2. First Strike and Elemental are harder to argue as to why there aren't the same amount as a group of three party members though. An extra one of each would be great for strategising.

7 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I wish there was at least one more Magnify, First Strike and Elemental Materia. I currently have Magnify linked to a maxed out healing materia, but I'd love another to link to a magic materia. I get why Magnify isn't in abundance, the game mechanics aren't taxing enough to need more. But it would be lovely to have 2. First Strike and Elemental are harder to argue as to why there aren't the same amount as a group of three party members though. An extra one of each would be great for strategising.

Well, the game would be extremely easy even on hard with more Magnify materia IMO. I think there's a couple of the Elemental one though.

7 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

MP doesn't regenerate at all? Well that renders the weapon upgrades useless then. Time to focus on leveling prayer some more then.

I thought it does? Cause as an example with Barret, I've used his magic before then moments later, he had a little bit more than what was used up.  Though it's not really that quick, so most of the time I don't even notice it and just use eithers to restore my MP anyway.

BTW, the girl on floor 63 on shinra hq sells all 11 green materia excep Aero. Plus HP UP, MP UP and the one that counterattacks after evading, don't know the name in english.

Edit: oh, every vendor has them already... ;)

Edited by breakXedge

On 14/04/2020 at 1:45 PM, Herbalistiikka said:

MP does regenerate (and there are a few weapons with enhanced MP regeneration). 

On 14/04/2020 at 3:35 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I don't remember about Magnify or First Strike, but there are at least 3 (possibly 4) Elemental materia, unless I'm mixing them with HP Absorb. You can buy them from the guy that gives you the challenges, and creates new materias. 

By the way, the MP absorb doesn't generate more MP than we spend? Or can it be paired with Parry or Deadly Dodge, like HP Absorb?

That would alleviate a little the need to not spend MP.