Wastelanders dlc... just why?!

Tom146521

I actually finished the additional storyline and it was pretty solid. Definitely added more to the game which was excellent. If you're going for 100% though you will need an additional character because you have a choice to make between the settlers and raiders and depending on which choice you make unlocks different trophies. Your second character will only need to be level 20 which honestly isn't bad at all. To be perfectly honest it is a fun expansion with allies and a good story. I have been playing it non stop since they released it ?

Edited by SoapMacTavish222
Typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I actually finished the additional storyline and it was pretty solid. Definitely added more to the game which was excellent. If you're going for 100% though you will need an additional character because you have a choice to make between the settlers and raiders and depending on which choice you make unlocks different trophies. Your second character will only need to be level 20 which honestly isn't bad at all. To be perfectly honest it is a fun expansion with allies and a good story. I have been playing it non stop since they released it 1f602.png

How much exp do you think you get in wastelanders storyline? I mean, I'm at level 54, but the game feels boring to grind to level 100.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I actually finished the additional storyline and it was pretty solid. Definitely added more to the game which was excellent. If you're going for 100% though you will need an additional character because you have a choice to make between the settlers and raiders and depending on which choice you make unlocks different trophies. Your second character will only need to be level 20 which honestly isn't bad at all. To be perfectly honest it is a fun expansion with allies and a good story. I have been playing it non stop since they released it 1f602.png

thanks for the info. so you need to create a second character then rank up to lvl 20 to get the questline, but in your opinion is lvl 20 high enough to complete the questline to get the last trophy you mentioned?

6 hours ago, breakXedge said:

How much exp do you think you get in wastelanders storyline? I mean, I'm at level 54, but the game feels boring to grind to level 100.

Thank you.

Honestly I wasn't keeping track but I know that within the last couple days I have went from level 60 to 70 without really trying. The Allies you get at your camp are basically permanent quest givers. Even after you finish their base story you can talk to them and they will give you additional missions.

48 minutes ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

thanks for the info. so you need to create a second character then rank up to lvl 20 to get the questline, but in your opinion is lvl 20 high enough to complete the questline to get the last trophy you mentioned?

It depends on if you're playing by yourself or not, I could see a couple parts being a bit difficult if you are just level 20 but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

Honestly I wasn't keeping track but I know that within the last couple days I have went from level 60 to 70 without really trying. The Allies you get at your camp are basically permanent quest givers. Even after you finish their base story you can talk to them and they will give you additional missions.

It depends on if you're playing by yourself or not, I could see a couple parts being a bit difficult if you are just level 20 but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

thanks for the intel 

Honestly I'm glad for the DLC because it gives me a reason to hop back in at some point after I complete the main games on my to play list. I got a bit bored of the level grinding, but if I'm doing new quests and new content it will just happen in the background anyways. 

I also don't see the point in beating yourself up over the completion rate. Mine was low and I went back and mopped up trophies and I'm happy how much progress I've made..but I won't do it at the expense of a game I'm not enjoying in some way shape or form. I've played some and remebered why I stopped playing lol because it was pissing me off or I didn't enjoy it, but as much as I want to improve my completion rate, I'm not going to drive myself crazy over an unfinished game. There are too many good games to ignore for something you aren't enjoying

• Like 2

You can only side with one for the gold heist. Meantime there are a lot of side quests to do for both to earn loot. So save heist for last.

1 hour ago, CrimsonVoidGX said:

I keep hearing about the need for a second character for the other faction trophy but isnt possible to be on a team with another player as the leader which has the other faction quest you need and finish the quest with them?

No you can help the team leader but only they earn trophies. It tells you that when you start each quest if you want to solo or help team leader.

52 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Jesus, so much hate against OP in this thread. It wasn't even like they were being annoying or anything, just upset that if they want 100% they'll have to go back. Like christ y'all, calm down a bit.

I think it’s that people forget that playing and enjoying a game is what is important. Not earning some use less fake thing that no one else cares about. 

Play a game you like. If you don’t like a game that’s fine too. Don’t play it. 

Gaming is fun not a stressful chore. I have school for that lol 

Edited by SuzyRed
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

Noticed two trophies about becoming allies haven't been achieved yet. Without any spoilers, is that because they're a bit of a grind, no one has naturally achieved them yet, or are they bugged?

It's grindy because after you finish the main story missions for whichever side you choose. There is only one mission a day to increase your reputation for both sides. I think I am on the final bar for the foundation but I still probably need at least 4 to 5 more days to get the required missions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

It's grindy because after you finish the main story missions for whichever side you choose. There is only one mission a day to increase your reputation for both sides. I think I am on the final bar for the foundation but I still probably need at least 4 to 5 more days to get the required missions.

So is it the best to farm daily missions for both factions with my high level Character to get both of the Trophies for the Allies and then do the Main Story for one Faction and then for the other with another Character? Or can I get the Allies Trophy only after I finished the Story?

• Like 1

You can do it that way but it hasn't been confirmed how many daily quests you need to reach max reputation yet. Your reputation increases a good amount from the story missions whichever side you choose. Also I found that whenever you're talking to Meg (the raiders leader) if you give rude responses on a couple occasions it has increased my reputation with them. (I mostly was doing it just because she was being a huge jerk towards me so I was like "You're not gonna talk to me like that! ?"

• Like 1

thank god i'm not into 100% completion rate, just like my rule on platinum trophies I only do the DLC's under two conditions.

- if the base game in question i likes it so much. 

- if I found it easy to attempt.

also I would quit 100% a DLC if I lost my motivation... screw Resident Evil 2 Remake DLC ?

the platinum trophy is more than enough to me.

20 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

You can do it that way but it hasn't been confirmed how many daily quests you need to reach max reputation yet. Your reputation increases a good amount from the story missions whichever side you choose. Also I found that whenever you're talking to Meg (the raiders leader) if you give rude responses on a couple occasions it has increased my reputation with them. (I mostly was doing it just because she was being a huge jerk towards me so I was like "You're not gonna talk to me like that! 1f602.png"

Which trophy requires max reputation?

Edited by breakXedge

6 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I had a question about the Wastelanders story and I thought this might be a decent enough place to ask it.  How long does the storyline take to play through once?

I'm also interested to know this. I'm also wondering how long it will take with a second character. I'm thinking it may be a problem going to some wastelander quest locations with a brand new character. There's some pretty high level shit out there. Do you need to finish any of the main quest first?