Controversy over paid New Game+ DLC

arcanehornet_

2 minutes ago, Todd Coward said:

It's the so called "Triple A" industry. What do you expect? They are the bottom of the barrel and will keep implementing things to fuck you over and let you pay more.

Ryu ga gotoku has always been at the pinnacle of great practices for yakuza games even compared to cd projekt red, this move is more like sega doing it's corporate bullshit.

• Like 4

Just now, Todd Coward said:

And... what's your point here? Forgiving Sega because of their past? Giving in to scammy business practices? I've been boycotting companies like Ubisoft, EA, ActiBlizz and WB for over a decade now and Sega will be put on that list as well.

I am aware of the others, but please enlighten me, what has WB done?

The consumer is just as much to blame as the company.  Too many numb nuts have zero self-control and can’t help but buy whatever crappy micro-transaction for the latest in-game cosmetic.

Enjoy the game and avoid the micro-transactions.  Avoiding the game altogether just means they are even more reliant on micro-transactions to turn a profit.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Todd Coward said:

Grow up, kid. It's about having principles. You might understand once you're an adult. By the way: Don't use the word "hate". This has literally nothing to do with hate. 

Gearbox: Employees working extra hours without getting paid, all the controversy around Randy Pitchford. Put them on the list. 

Bethesda: Do I really need to say anything? 

Telltale: Same thing as Gearbox, overworking employees. 

Now let's keep this about the DLC and Yakuza before the thread gets closed

Edited by maiathewinners

It is pretty bullshit to ask money for NG+ that should just be a basic feature already included in the game. Yeah there's trophies associated with it but other games like Spider-Man and Horizion: Zero Dawn have included it for free with a patch along with the trophies. It's like Konami charging money for extra save slots in Metal Gear Survive, completely unnecessary.

17 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Is it just NG+? I haven't looked into it but that's a lot of trophies for just a that. How much does it cost?

For now it's only $0.60 but in May they will charge around $9 for it. 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/yakuza_like_a_dragon_charges_just_usd0_60_for_new_gameplus_but_rises_to_nearly_usd9_in_may

• Like 4

Almost every Triple A publisher did something really bad in the past to have a reason to boycott their games but for me it's rather frustrating seeing that sega is now jumping on that train as well.

All of it was indeed for free in previous games and is definitely cutted out from the original release and charging 9$ for it isnt even close to a reasonable price.

I will probably buy the game and maybe the dlc is included in the western but it definitely has some sour taste and I hope the dlc sales are bad enough to make them stop but I doubt it...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This is seriously about $0.63 right now? 

That's what the article says. Wonder if it will be the same when the game launches worldwide.. If so, I'll probably pick it up right away for whenever I get the game. 63 cents sounds a lot better than almost $9. And the trophies make it sound like it may have more content than just a simple New Game+. :hmm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

Tell us more about your principles...

And listing NfS games is going to prove what? That I buy used games? Dude, I frequently post pictures of my purchases here. The last money EA saw from me was in 2008 when I purchased FIFA09. Yes, I do have principles. One of them is to not support asshole companies like EA or the other usual suspects. Just because YOU obviously forgot about the concept of buying games used doesn't mean I did as well. I prefer private property over convenience.

Oh, and you can add Konami to the list as well. A company that charges for an extra save slot deserves immediate bankruptcy.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 3

I wonder if Japanese companies are embracing DLC trophies as a marketingstrategy.

After about 70 releases of various Warriors games, for the first time ever Koei Tecmo put a DLC pack in Warriors Orochi 4, and now the same thing with Sega and the Yakuza games, a DLC pack.