Trophy lists that require a ridiculous amount of grind online?

Lord_Bane999

With more time at home, I've been thinking of attempting something different replacing my usual online multiplayer games in my downtime with something fairly grindy to work towards.

Games like A.P.B. Reloaded, Verdun and ESO, games that can take hundreds of hours for one reason or another in their lists.

But was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for some fairly time consuming trophy lists. (Single player games are welcome too but I'm looking for the bit of social aspect from online still.)

I see you already have Helldivers on your profile. That one is a fairly involved 100%, which should take you well over 100 hours to complete (especially if you don't farm kills AFK). It's a very good MP game, too, which can be played with or without voice-chat, as the in-game commands are pretty useful on their own, and it's really easy to just join random players on an ongoing expedition. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

Maybe have a look at Monster Hunter. For the trophies you need to find a large and small version of almost every monster which can take ages. You can tackle it solo or get in groups to look for them, then join up to kill them when you find one.

It's a decent game, but it's not for everyone.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MuzzleTea said:

You can try Black Desert. Its an MMO and takes extremely long. Atleast 600-700h+ (depends on how much you afk while playing). I would guess its similiar to ESO but without the high difficulty, just grindy.

It's one I'm planning to do eventually actually ?

I have all the achievements for it on Xbox and have been slowing going for stuff through the mobile version. Want to do PS4 and Steam versions next. It's a bloody amazing game and my top pic for favourite MMORPG they did so many things right that other games need to emulate them on

27 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I see you already have Helldivers on your profile. That one is a fairly involved 100%, which should take you well over 100 hours to complete (especially if you don't farm kills AFK). It's a very good MP game, too, which can be played with or without voice-chat, as the in-game commands are pretty useful on their own, and it's really easy to just join random players on an ongoing expedition. 

You know I honestly forgot I even owned that game, I originally bought it when I was going on a twin stick shooter buying spree. Might definitely be something that will entertain me then

10 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

That trophy in GRID where you have to drive around the Earth...

I was planning to buy it before they added the new dlc trophies today. Still might get it but I just hate the fact they weren't there and now they are forcing me to buy he dlc

11 minutes ago, SairenOne said:

Dead by Daylight

and

Friday the 13th

These two I would honestly probably boost versus then purposely grind, their games I legitimately enjoy and I would hate to feel tired of them if I was grinding away got specifics.

7 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 was by far my grindiest game, and it has an online aspect, although not many people play. But if you have a co-op friend, it helps.

Guess they really went the limit of some musou games in terms of get everything.

Btw I seen the DQX MMO has a trophy list as well is it relatively English English friendly? Excluding story?

15 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Guess they really went the limit of some musou games in terms of get everything.

Btw I seen the DQX MMO has a trophy list as well is it relatively English English friendly? Excluding story?

It's not localized. It's not even available in the West.

9 hours ago, fbdbh said:

It's not localized. It's not even available in the West.

I have a Japanese PlayStation account as well why I was asking, if the menus and such could be easily learnt with a translator app I could easily play it if I just have the skills I want set up on certain keys anyways

9 hours ago, Ziggylergros230 said:

Power Rangers

I was looking at this one wig it being on sale but do you need dlc to achieve the player levels?

9 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

The grindiest game of them all is probably Fortnite, btw.

I'll think about this one (I actually don't like fortnite haha)

18 minutes ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 would be a real grind to complete both the single player and the online. Great game too!

Battlefield Hardline would also be very grindy if you were to go for 100% on all the DLC. 40,000 kills in multiplayer should keep you going for a long time!

Red Dead 2 I have but after playing the absolute mad life outta my Xbox version I need some time before rediving into that game again on another console.

I never realized there was a 40,000 kill trophy for that game damn, sadly Hardline can only be boosted nowadays the servers have been mostly dead since for a long time.

4 minutes ago, bani24j said:

If you have ps3, far cry 2 is a good choice 1f601.png

Haven't owned one since shortly after getting my ps4 would definitely open a barrel to long games though

2 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

Train Sim World can take forever, has a lot of DLC and is buggy as hell. Or are you not *that* insane? ;)

I've actually been thinking of being that nuts, but I'm waiting for a good sale

(An older version of it on steam I know had the record for a long time the most expensive dlc barrier with over a couple grand)

• Like 1