Wastelanders DLC Allies trophies

arcanehornet_

While I haven't actually played through them yet, I don't think you will need multiple characters. You can get multiple Allies for your camp you can just only place one and I think you can grind each faction out if you so choose so you can probably do both factions (raiders/settlers) independent. You might even be able to do both at the same time. I haven't seen anywhere that states when you get faction points for one you lose it on the other.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nutrageous69 said:

While I haven't actually played through them yet, I don't think you will need multiple characters. You can get multiple Allies for your camp you can just only place one and I think you can grind each faction out if you so choose so you can probably do both factions (raiders/settlers) independent. You might even be able to do both at the same time. I haven't seen anywhere that states when you get faction points for one you lose it on the other.

Thanks so much! I will keep this in mind. Still a bit worried though

3 hours ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

if you wanna 100% the dlc you'll need two playthroughs, one for the good ending and one for the bad. I'm levelling up a ally on each character to make it quicker

Where did you get that from? O.o

Edited by theomgkitteh

25 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

Where did you get that from? O.o

I finished the main wastelanders story last night and at one point it makes you pick a faction to side with for the final few missions leading to one of two trophies. Depending on which faction you sided with, so I’m assuming you won’t be able to unlock the other without making a second character and redoing it but siding with the opposite faction. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

I finished the main wastelanders story last night and at one point it makes you pick a faction to side with for the final few missions leading to one of two trophies. Depending on which faction you sided with, so I’m assuming you won’t be able to unlock the other without making a second character and redoing it but siding with the opposite faction. 

can you give an approximate on what lvl you need to get a 2nd character to go through the dlc quests?

52 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

source.gif

Edited by theomgkitteh
  • Like 1

WTF is wrong with them. I just read the patch notes and came across this:

During the Main Quest you will have to pick which side you work with, but for quite some time you can do quests for both factions until you hit the point of no return. 

So basically your screwed if you choose one and decide you don't like it or if for some reason one faction has better rewards for you. 

I had given Bethesda the benefit of the doubt since 76 came out and have clock >500 hours for the game so you know I enjoy it, but I left because of 1st. I came back a couple of weeks ago to play through the new content but this combined with crap like adding new vanity items that you have to are forced to pay money for if you want them when they should have been added to the Atom store instead is complete BS. I guess I'll finish up the new trophies but I'll be saying bye bye to this game again afterwards unless this changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

WTF is wrong with them. I just read the patch notes and came across this:

During the Main Quest you will have to pick which side you work with, but for quite some time you can do quests for both factions until you hit the point of no return. 

So basically your screwed if you choose one and decide you don't like it or if for some reason one faction has better rewards for you. 

I had given Bethesda the benefit of the doubt since 76 came out and have clock >500 hours for the game so you know I enjoy it, but I left because of 1st. I came back a couple of weeks ago to play through the new content but this combined with crap like adding new vanity items that you have to are forced to pay money for if you want them when they should have been added to the Atom store instead is complete BS. I guess I'll finish up the new trophies but I'll be saying bye bye to this game again afterwards unless this changes.

fallout new vegas has the same multiple quest scenarios which eventually bring you to a point of supporting one faction or the other which locks you out of quests/rewards. to a smaller degree the outer worlds has the same set up and those games did pretty well with it. i can understand you not wanting to subscribe to fallout 1st but i cant understand you being offended by it. and if you really have close to 500 hours in then another 20 hrs making a second character shouldn't be bothering you

• Like 1

I don't think you can really compare New Vegas or any of the other Fallout games to 76 as far as quest chains go. 76 up until now had a very limited quest chain. I know wastelanders changes that, but in New Vegas you could always save at a point and come back if you wanted to try a different path without having to generate an entirely new character. Also a game in which you grind out gear like 76 sucks if you lose access to content because of a choice you made. I don't know if that will be the case or not I haven't gotten that far to tell but if they aren't different in some way then what difference does it make to even have the factions? I also feel in an online game you should never be locked out of a particular faction with no way to garner relations with the opposing faction in some way. It just doesn't make sense.

There are several reason for being upset they added something like 1st. The main reason to be upset about 1st is the scrap storage. I won't go into the grand detail on why moving scrap to an infinite box behind a pay wall sucks but it does in fact affect gameplay for a portion of the player base. In the end it frees up perk points used for reducing carry weight of items to be used for other purposes. That's why it is offensive. It is a thing that should have been in the game to begin with for free. The private servers are an added service (although one that is a bit lame in that you don't really get your new server as you usually get a used one no one is on anymore). The new mini camp is nice, but really is just a small cap saving item so I'm meh about it. The rest are just vanity items type stuff so it is no different than spending caps.

As far as being bothered by something. That's really left up to the consumer. I mean I'm probably not bothered by a lot of things that bother you. It is really a personal preference.

In any case I did read that you are only locked out of the quest line choices and that there are ways to become friendly with the other faction so it may be a moot point in the end.

• Like 1

I’m not sure about Fallout 1& 2 but all the other fallout games had factions that you had to choose between which locked you out of the others at a certain point so it’s not really a surprise that it works the same way in 76. It doesn’t lock you out of the platinum and if you want to 100% it making a second character isn’t that big of a deal. Most online games require multiple characters to unlock all the different things on offer. It is what it is 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

I don't think you can really compare New Vegas or any of the other Fallout games to 76 as far as quest chains go. 76 up until now had a very limited quest chain. I know wastelanders changes that, but in New Vegas you could always save at a point and come back if you wanted to try a different path without having to generate an entirely new character. Also a game in which you grind out gear like 76 sucks if you lose access to content because of a choice you made. I don't know if that will be the case or not I haven't gotten that far to tell but if they aren't different in some way then what difference does it make to even have the factions? I also feel in an online game you should never be locked out of a particular faction with no way to garner relations with the opposing faction in some way. It just doesn't make sense.

There are several reason for being upset they added something like 1st. The main reason to be upset about 1st is the scrap storage. I won't go into the grand detail on why moving scrap to an infinite box behind a pay wall sucks but it does in fact affect gameplay for a portion of the player base. In the end it frees up perk points used for reducing carry weight of items to be used for other purposes. That's why it is offensive. It is a thing that should have been in the game to begin with for free. The private servers are an added service (although one that is a bit lame in that you don't really get your new server as you usually get a used one no one is on anymore). The new mini camp is nice, but really is just a small cap saving item so I'm meh about it. The rest are just vanity items type stuff so it is no different than spending caps.

As far as being bothered by something. That's really left up to the consumer. I mean I'm probably not bothered by a lot of things that bother you. It is really a personal preference.

In any case I did read that you are only locked out of the quest line choices and that there are ways to become friendly with the other faction so it may be a moot point in the end.

im aware you could manually save in new vegas and then back track to do all faction quests. but there were also 3 separate threads of branching playthroughs for all trophies. (NCR, Legion and Mr House). and i almost forgot in my earlier comment, fallout 4 had multiple trophy quest lines as well. so obviously Bethesda is fond of multiple possible endings. that formula adds replayability and variety to the story. things like this is what helps make %100 for game completion semi prestigious

You can reach maximum level with both the raiders and settlers in one playthrough but as mentioned above you will need to do two characters (the second one just needs to be level 20 to start the storyline). I completed the settlers run through which unlocks the "Golden Future" trophy but I went back to the raiders and can still do daily side quests for them to raise my reputation up to the max level. But yes two characters will be required if you want to go 100% since the final mission for the raiders is the "Go for the gold" trophy. Reaching level 20 really isn't that time consuming especially if you have someone to help you boost it. Have a high level friend drop a nuke and just go with them in the blast zone getting at least one hit on each enemy then have your partner mow them down. You will reach level 20 in no time.

• Like 3

On 17/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, SoapMacTavish222 said:

You can reach maximum level with both the raiders and settlers in one playthrough but as mentioned above you will need to do two characters (the second one just needs to be level 20 to start the storyline). I completed the settlers run through which unlocks the "Golden Future" trophy but I went back to the raiders and can still do daily side quests for them to raise my reputation up to the max level. But yes two characters will be required if you want to go 100% since the final mission for the raiders is the "Go for the gold" trophy. Reaching level 20 really isn't that time consuming especially if you have someone to help you boost it. Have a high level friend drop a nuke and just go with them in the blast zone getting at least one hit on each enemy then have your partner mow them down. You will reach level 20 in no time.

Yeah but, what is the point of raising reputation? Is there any trophy involved? The ones from Beckett and Sophia?

5 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Yeah but, what is the point of raising reputation? Is there any trophy involved? The ones from Beckett and Sophia?

I believe that both trophies "A Solid Foundation" and "Friends in low places", require you to get to max reputation with both factions. Also, they don't seem to be affected by the player's choice between which faction to side with. In order to get reputation points, you have to complete daily quests, which are limited per day. That's why no one has obtained them yet. I haven't finished Wastelanders main story as of this moment, so someone may have to confirm my speculations.

On 15/04/2020 at 3:06 PM, TheLoneliestPanda said:

if you wanna 100% the dlc you'll need two playthroughs, one for the good ending and one for the bad. I'm levelling up a ally on each character to make it quicker

Yea fuck this game. Fuck doing a whole new character for a single dlc trophy.

What were they thinking?! I wanted to go back to the game for this but not anymore.

If the game would be actually good it wouldn’t be that bad but it’s a boring, grindy mess..
giphy.gif

Edited by StylerX01

4 hours ago, StylerX01 said:

Yea fuck this game. Fuck doing a whole new character for a single dlc trophy.

What were they thinking?! I wanted to go back to the game for this but not anymore.

If the game would be actually good it wouldn’t be that bad but it’s a boring, grindy mess..
giphy.gif

Because most people play games for fun and for the, story not for trophies. if getting that 1 trophy is important to you, you can get it. Just create another character. If you like the game this is not a problem. If you don't like the game why play  it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuzyRed said:

Because most people play games for fun and for the, story not for trophies. if getting that 1 trophy is important to you, you can get it. Just create another character. If you like the game this is not a problem. If you don't like the game why play  it?

Shut up lmao there always has to be an apologist in these forums

5 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

Anyone found a quick way to grind out the faction rep? I am seeing that PS Network has shown a tiny % of achievers already which surprises me since I can only manage one or two faction quests a day and completing them barely moves the rep progress meter.

You can do random events all over the map, but it doesnt give you much rep. But you can do them all day if you want