New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

Unless you have some shady business you wish to hide like playing some games people frown upon, leaving dark traces on your profile which you no longer want to have any association with. I don't see any reason giving up your hard work and results to start afresh. If you are on this platform, it means you care about trophy and achievements and want to get them on your profile for bragging rights among your friends or even the community isn't it? So what good does a fresh profile do?

• Like 2

I don’t think a new account for PS5 specifically makes sense, but making an alternate account as 100% account makes sense. I did that with my own account, just to satisfy my need to see a list of 100 on my profile. I still have my main account to play games that I don’t want to 100%.

While I can understand the appeal to do this and have considered this myself in the past, I'm just going to stick with what I have. What I would like to do instead is go back in time and tell my younger self to jump on the bandwagon sooner because it'll be worth it (I skipped a lot of the PS3 generation as I switched to the X360 during college).

Seeing a lot of... interesting comments in this thread... the OP asked if anyone was going to do it, seems like a lot of people are for some reason taking offense to the question lmao. Just because you don't want to do it, it doesn't make someone stupid for wanting to. Geez, people need to calm it down a bit and take a chill pill. What someone wants to do with their trophies is their own business. They were just asking if anyone was going to do the same.

• Like 3

I mean trophies and my account aside. Why would I want to pay for two PS Plus subscriptions. I mean yeah you do not need it to ply offline games but most of the games I still need to play are free ones from plus that I would essentially lose access to if I started a new account. I have never been a 100% person, I pay the game and try to get every trophy I can and sometimes I just can't do it or get bored of the game and move on as there is so much to play 

I’d rather carry all my progress over, even if it is at the expense of having a few duds and a solid but unspectacular completion percentage. Gives me incentive to finish games I’ve been putting off for ages. As for the unattainable plats, I have quite a few but oh well. 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

I couldn’t do that just can’t see myself getting back into the double numbers again. Since it’s time consuming for me

Edited by Bonzi Buddy

It's definitely not something I'd do. Too many hours have gone into this profile and, even though there's things I'm unhappy with about this account, I just don't want to split my history and have things all over the place. As it is I'm already annoyed that it's split between PlayStation and Xbox (I played on 360 for basically all of last gen - thought I'd always stay with Xbox until Microsoft tried to pull the dirty with the Xbox One ). If I could go back in time and had've seen the future I would have gone PS3 instead and only had an Xbox for the exclusives.

I don't think I would restart a new profile. I agree with a lot of the people saying that their profile is a representation of their grinds and time investments into games and certain trophies.

It would make more sense to restart your profile if the PS4 and the PS5 were separate entities, but the fact that there is going to be backwards compatibility gives them a "connection." Even then, I wouldn't want to restart my profile.

Why would anyone do that? Your profile is like a roadmap of all your gaming journeys and accomplishments. I don’t really understand the concept of having a new account for every console that games out. It’s nice to have it all on one profile. Not to mention it’s more practical only having to worry about one PS+ account and one library of games.

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 18/04/2020 at 7:41 PM, Gotakibono said:

Nope, I lack the creativity to come up with a new name.

Lol I'm subbed to you on YouTube, small world I guess ?

On 18/04/2020 at 8:08 AM, jnf said:

doesn't seem liable to lose that much progress. I have bunch of progress on the PlayStation 3 that i've not synced but those stamps are all blank as I didn't hook my PlayStation to internet for years and once I did it kept resetting the date when I turned it off. Which ended up being the result of a bad battery inside the console.

So there a chance most the games I played on the previous generation could be gone if the console decides thier corrupted upon sync. But honestly I wouldn't be able to go on leader boards unless I hide all those blank time stamps anyways so i'm not overly worried if I lose that progress. As for ps4 I've not really played on that much as of yet so see how that goes for me, Hopefully playstation 5 gonna be good.

You can be on the leader board with blank time stamps. I am anyway. 

• Like 1

This is my profile. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Considering I use this username for most of my social media, and have had it since the start of trophies, it would be a "never." I could never give it up, even for an illustrious 100% account. The only thing I might add is other accounts for different regions to stack on some of my favorite games but that's almost the norm now.

On 15/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

Yep, probably I'll do a start fresh. Like I did on ps4. I hope to "start fresh" with Bloodborne 2 ?