New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

On 15/04/2020 at 5:13 PM, DaivRules said:

It would also be a good way to leverage the possibility of losing any of your digital purchases if you start making your PS5 purchases on a separate profile.

I don't understand, what's the problem with buying digital games on your old account?

22 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

I don't understand, what's the problem with buying digital games on your old account?

If the old account were to get hacked or revoked for any reason under the sun, that wouldn't be a possibility any longer. 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

Um no seems like a terrible idea. Ive put thousands of hours into my account from the ps3, vita, ps4, and then the ps5. I dont see a remotely good reason to scrap 10k trophies 200 plus platinums for a new console. I've always loved the carry over across generations for my account. I hope it stays that way for as long as playstation is a thing.

• Like 1

The only time I started over was when my PS3 malfunctioned and I had to mail it back to Sony to fix it. When they sent me a replacement I could not remember my password and no longer had access to the email it was registered to. So, that was a little bit of a sad day for me to have to start all over. So, to answer your question, no I would not, nor would I want to. I guess I just do not see the point in doing so.

On 28.4.2020 at 7:53 AM, HoongZai said:

Unless you have some shady business you wish to hide like playing some games people frown upon, leaving dark traces on your profile which you no longer want to have any association with. I don't see any reason giving up your hard work and results to start afresh. If you are on this platform, it means you care about trophy and achievements and want to get them on your profile for bragging rights among your friends or even the community isn't it? So what good does a fresh profile do?

A friend of mine wants to have a 100% account, he said now is the perfect time for him to create a new account because the PS5 is coming out soon. He can't platinum all of his games on his current account (lots of the servers are offline) and that has been bothering him for a while.

I will not do that, but I understand the idea behind it. Although I guess a 100% account is hard to maintain, there can always be a hard DLC trophy later on which will easily ruin the 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t been active on the forums for an awful long time and my account goals have kind of fallen flat. I started a new time intensive job and my gaming time has been non existent. Not to mention I’ve felt incredibly disconnected from my account and for the first time in a very long time I haven’t bothered maintaining all of my 100%s.  I made a new account for the PS4 and I intend to make a new one for the PS5. My perspective on trophies have changed and my time limitations are a lot more than what they were when I worked part time jobs etc. I plan to just play the very best titles meaning my platinum count will probably remain very low, I mean it’s only 50 or so on this account. Will suck to lose achievements such as the 40,000 kills in Hardline and Battleborn and Red Dead 2 platinums but I can’t wait for a fresh start and to start enjoying gaming again. 

On 4/15/2020 at 3:12 PM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

I've never heard of anyone ever doing this? Especially if they are a trophy hunter. This would not make any sense starting a new profile each year a console comes out.

• Like 1

Nope, I had some useless trophies back in the day due to friends coming over to my house and throwing games ill never play but I have just hidden those trophies. I don't really care about the 100% thing either because I don't intend to be buying dlc i play for every game so I see no reason to start fresh

2 hours ago, deutschZuid said:

I get why you would do it, but for me, my profile symbolises my 'gaming career' if you will. It just doesn't feel right to switch to a different profile for PS5 trophies. 

I agree. 

I can go through my profile and pin point moments in my life based on what game I was playing at the time. The last 10 years of my life can be linked to a trophy, somewhat. For example, while playing Resistance 2. I had finished the whole trophy list except the 10k online kills. My relationship was breaking down and one day it finally ran its course. I moved out to make things easier for her, even thought it was my place and she moved in with me. Since it was such short notice, I moved in with my brother for a couple weeks until my new apartment would be ready. He had zero internet. It felt like the longest time of my life. I can literally go through my trophy list and remember moments in my life.

• Like 1

No. 

However, I did make a new account when I got my PS4. That was due to requesting Sony ban my original PSN account for safety/privacy reasons back in 2013, and the one I made to replace it had a random name I wouldn't have wanted to use for online play. 

Edited by Vrisnem

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seriously considering it. My current account is only 3 years old, and I started it after many others. It was a time when I was super depressed, but was slowly starting to eke my way back to not just sleeping and wallowing the day away. It was supposed to be a 100% profile until someone begged me to play GTA V with them and it got messed up. The compulsiveness of it is hindering my ability to play just to enjoy games so I am very carefully considering starting fresh, especially because of how many regrets I have on this profile. Of course, I do have some awesome platinums; I just did Bloodborne a few weeks ago. When I buy my PS5, maybe I will just have two accounts where I keep my PS5 list separate idk. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani