New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

The answer is no here is the reasons why ☺️

1. I don’t have the time and patience to go through all my games again that I did platinum some of them are long and hard.

2. My profile is the history that I made in the past years and it will remain as it is because in the future I will enjoy looking what I played and what I did in the past.

My first platinum was my name is mayo....that’s the only thing that still bother me and wished if I could change but it dosent matter anymore. What I did will stay as it is and I’m a better and different person now ?

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 1

What kind of nutjob wants to make a new account just for PS5.. you got to replay all the trophies that you've earned already and some you can't get again cause it's glitched or servers are offline.

I can understand if it's from PS3 to PS4. But PS5, if it's true it will be backwards compatible with the PS4. So why make a new one? 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:49 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

I don't see it as a waste like others do. Getting older and not having the energy/looks you had when you were much younger is far more shit than losing trophy progress lol. 

Yeah, but I can't control getting older. I can control trophy progress. ?

On 8/15/2020 at 2:19 AM, AdruA_ said:

First things first: i would have to buy a ps5, which isnt gonna be the case for the first 3 years i suppose

Yeah, me too. And when I do, I'll be keeping the old profile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, RudyGlenn- said:

Now that PS5 is slowly becoming more available and gamers are getting their hands on them. Who is going to Create a brand new PSN account for PS5, why? Or will you stick with your PS3/PS4 account moving forward? Thoughts?

That would be simply stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RudyGlenn- said:

Now that PS5 is slowly becoming more available and gamers are getting their hands on them. Who is going to Create a brand new PSN account for PS5, why? Or will you stick with your PS3/PS4 account moving forward? Thoughts?

Sounds like something a simpleton would do.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RudyGlenn- said:

yeah, you never know. My trophy list is so convoluted between ps4 and ps3 games half finished. 

How old is your account and has it been your only one? Seems silly to start a new one just for PS5 unless you really want a fresh start

Got quite a few time consuming games on mine already, and it's not even 3 years old. Just feel like I should try to make my completion% higher lol

But I can see why some ppl would consider it, in the case they have too many unobtainables / very low completion%.

Though I would just slowly try to complete my backlog in that case, specially if most of it consisted of PS4 games as they are playable on PS5.

Not planning on it, but can see where others may. Used my account across the different generations and platforms now, i.e., Vita, PS3, PS4, PS5 and soon new VR. I don’t have any other accounts too. Just clean and simple for me.

when PS4 launched I created a new account (this one)

gave up my old PS3 account that had 132 plats and a little over 6400 trophies on it 

the reason, for me, was because when I had started actively going after trophies in 2010, I used saves I found on YouTube for games like fuel, socom and a few others to insta pop the entire trophy list

when trophy tracking sites yourgamercards (remember them RIP), psnp, psntl etc came out I was removed from the leaderboards and labeled a cheater

I had a lot of fun platinums that I had earned legitimately that I regret losing... portal 2, resistance 2, street fighter 4, super street fighter 4, LBP1 and 2, all the PS3 call of duty games, fifa 11 ---> this one especially pisses me off cuz I was in the first 15 ppl at one point to get this plat :(

I gave it all up because I wanted to have a clean profile. its not perfect but I'm proud of it :)

anyway... that's why I wanted a fresh start. if u want a fresh start, for whatever reason, do it... regardless of how many games u played already, or what other ppl think. the only person who needs to love your profile is u 

Edited by HondaHoe
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

when PS4 launched I created a new account (this one)

gave up my old PS3 account that had 132 plats and a little over 6400 trophies on it 

the reason, for me, was because when I had started actively going after trophies in 2010, I used saves I found on YouTube for games like fuel, socom and a few others to insta pop the entire trophy list

when trophy tracking sites yourgamercards (remember them RIP), psnp, psntl etc came out I was removed from the leaderboards and labeled a cheater

I had a lot of fun platinums that I had earned legitimately that I regret losing... portal 2, resistance 2, street fighter 4, super street fighter 4, LBP1 and 2, all the PS3 call of duty games, fifa 11 ---> this one especially pisses me off cuz I was in the first 15 ppl at one point to get this plat :(

I gave it all up because I wanted to have a clean profile. its not perfect but I'm proud of it :)

anyway... that's why I wanted a fresh start. if u want a fresh start, for whatever reason, do it... regardless of how many games u played already, or what other ppl think. the only person who needs to love your profile is u 

That's the way to look at it. Not everybody here will have 10,000 trophies and years of memories (a lot of us do, however).

If you want to make a new one, go for it. If you don't - don't go for it. Don't worry about what everybody else thinks just do what makes you happy and satisfied. I created a new account a few months ago with the dream of 100%. I think I have 3 games on that profile at 100%. I use my main account 99.9% of the time, but the point is, it is there if I want to pursue more on that alt profile in the future.

2 hours ago, RudyGlenn- said:

Hey your back, after almost 3 years of silence in the forums. haha, I remember you because a old cat6 cable topic you made....

Anyways, I think there was a similar topic about creating new accounts for when PS4 came out etc. haha....

My answers still the same, no way! I like all my achievements great or bad all in one account, even if PSNP ban me for whatever reason, and I can't check my stats here, I will not make another account, lol... A long time ago I had thought about a new account though, but not because of another console but because there wasn't name change feature, ever since that was released, im all determined to continue this account.

I started fresh because I didn't want a profile with a bunch of defunct games on it when I upgraded to a PS5. I was hesitant at first to ditch my old account mostly due to the DLC and Avatars on it, which is why my first few games I 100%ed were easy ones. By the time Final Fantasy 7 Remake came around I decided that was the cutoff and went full on into my new account.

I still can't get a Ps5 though.

Not for me - I like seeing the whole history of my trophy gaming in one place.

For me, I want to see the point where I got a PS5 as a marker point within my existing profile, not as the swan-song of one, and the starter-pistol shot of another.

• Like 1