How Hard Is It to Get To Golden League ?

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

On 09/08/2020 at 5:44 PM, Copanele said:

No idea why people would pay for someone else to get them to Golden League. All you need to do is picking up Ken, murder your internet connection (Wi-Fi with 10 devices connected or even better a dial-up) and spam DPs and Tatsumakis. A 100ms Ping can get you very far.

I mean, if it's to use dirty tactics, this one is way cheaper xD 

PERFECT. ?

On 03/09/2020 at 2:24 AM, Copanele said:

You can fight people who are max 1 league above /below you. If you are bronze for instance you get paired with bronze, rookie or super bronze players only. 

There are some instances where you get paired with 2 leagues difference players (e.g. Ultra Bronze) but those instances are very rare and happens only when the game really finds noone in your league. I think it happened only once for me though, to be paired with a super gold when I was Ultra Silver. But normally the game tries its best to connect you to the same league. 

As for connectivity options... Yeah the game preferred to connect me to Brazil players other than europeans xD why... Only capcom knows. 

Guys in america only match other in same region. America, Asia, Europe... all regions are locked in matchmaking.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:22 AM, Eraezr said:

I got the :platinum: for this game in 2019. Here's some meta stuff I can say, which is also what I wish I knew before I bought this game with the intention to platinum.

1. The difficulty of your climb to Gold Rank will be dependent on the region you're playing in, the player pool size, concentration and popular choices character in said reason. Having spoken to folks in the FGC who have played SFV rank in different countries, this is the skill ranking hierachy that's been painted to me for Rookie-Platinum tier.

i. Oceania

ii. Japan

iii. North America

iv. South Korea

v. UK

If we're talking skill hierarchies beyond Diamond, into Grandmaster territory, USA, Japan and South Korea take the top three spots.

2. Your choice of character will matter. If you're playing someone like Ryu or Ken, chances are more than half your opponents in Bronze (and all in Silver and Gold) will have familiarity with the tools of how your character attacks, defends and controls spacing (also known as zoning). Tiers will matter. They're not the end-all of everything, but they will affect your difficulty to Gold Rank. Top tiers right now I believe are (without consideration to the new characters) Bison, Ibuki, Seth, Akuma, Rashid and Urien. Maybe throw Karin in there too. But if you don't want to use any of these, it's not a big deal. Sakura won EVO Japan so your mid-tier choice can make it. I've even known average skilled players being able to take a low tier character like F.A.N.G to Gold because hardly anyone uses him in my region therefore most people are unsure of how to deal with that character's gimmicks. Also note some characters are hard to effectively use. Zeku is a strong character but tricky to nail his fundamental game plans across the MU. Juri Han is the hardest character to learn, to the point where some folks dismiss her as the worst character in the game (which I don't necessarily agree with. She had issues in past seasons, especially her debut time, but right now her tools are mid-tier optimised).

3. Use LAN. Don't be a WiFi warrior, it's too erratic and memey. Unless you're a drunk Ken main.

4. Favour using a PS4 Pro over a standard PS4 if it's within your means. I've noticed my Pro has a better connection with PC players. I suspect this has to do with the overclocked CPUs. You can also blacklist a player who is always laggy with you even on 5-bar setting (I use a three strike system then removing them from the blacklist after 90 days).

5. Once you've committed to a character, learn his/her neutral game (how they control spacing) and match-up gameplans with different characters from the roster. Horizontal spacing control, response to fireballs, the anti-air and okizeme. Stuff like combos will come later and naturally to you. Learning how to neutral will be the harder part of your journey.

6. It will be challenging, but it's not the most difficult trophy out there. There's minuscule room for luck involved, assuming stuff like match connection is stable so it's hardly like Fall Guys Infallible. It will be an honest assessment of your skill in SFV.

With the PS+ saturation happening, now is the least difficult opportunity since the game's launch window to get to Gold Rank. If you want to the platinum, start hustling now.

I'm a grand master on my PC account, mainly playing Nash.  Your character doesn't matter, unless you're a pro level, which is less that 1% of the FGC

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BLOOD_BUTTER_FLY said:

Guys in america only match other in same region. America, Asia, Europe... all regions are locked in matchmaking.

Tell that to the game xD Theoretically yes that's how it should work. But in practice... I felt on my own skin the "Brazilian Ken" meme. Of course it was my own fault too for selecting "Any" as connection quality in the first place. 

18 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I'm a grand master on my PC account, mainly playing Nash.  Your character doesn't matter, unless you're a pro level, which is less that 1% of the FGC

ew Nash

12 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

what to do if you can’t find matches in your region? 

I suppose being on ps plus might have fixed this ‘issue’, but usually I don’t find enough players to fight

What times do you usually try to play. In my country it was mostly active on evenings for weekdays, midday-night for weekends.

3 hours ago, Eraezr said:

ew Nash

What times do you usually try to play. In my country it was mostly active on evenings for weekdays, midday-night for weekends.

No specific time. I randomly feel motivated to get better in this game, I turn on the game, get into training or survival while the game search for a match, get bored from waiting and turn it off lol

that wasn’t a problem when I first got into it in 2017, I guess people moved on 

what’s wrong with Nash? 

Edited by TalalHmd

11 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

No specific time. I randomly feel motivated to get better in this game, I turn on the game, get into training or survival while the game search for a match, get bored from waiting and turn it off lol

that wasn’t a problem when I first got into it in 2017, I guess people moved on 

what’s wrong with Nash? 

From a technical perspective

Him (and Mika & Capcom) was a villain of SFV's season 1 netcode. 8-frame input lag. His dash animation was 17-frames, but it only actually started on the 8th frame which meant his ground movement was breaking the game's fundamental balance cores. Forward dash into jab confirm was impossible to whiff/pre-emptively punish on reflex which made people mistakenly think that he was not only a good character, but god-like.

Story perspective:

His character arc sucked Bison's sweaty balls in the story mode. To be fair, almost everything about it was so shit.

Meta perspective:

Guile x Nash shippers.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, BLOOD_BUTTER_FLY said:

the problem is the ken. who play in a crazy and random way, I already got GOLD in 3 accounts and in all of them I suffer against the crazy kens.

I won so many matches against them by simply bating their Dragon Punch (uppercut), crush counter and follow with a combo. Took some practice to perfect the punch but I got it eventually. Up to 2000 LP at least the cannot stop doing it. 

46 minutes ago, BLOOD_BUTTER_FLY said:

the problem is the ken. who play in a crazy and random way, I already got GOLD in 3 accounts and in all of them I suffer against the crazy kens.

They be respecting this very beautiful yet true flowchart

ken.jpgact acco

Anyway the way to deal with Ken is to ... know the matchup honestly. And I mean the good Ken players not the SHORYUKENKENKENKENKENKENKENEN ones. Always be on your toes vs them. 

Best to set the training dummy on hardest with Ken and let him RIP, you will learn pretty well how to deal with most of his stupid stuff.

Also never put your connectivity quality under 4. You WILL lose vs a laggy ken. It's an universal truth xD 

• Like 4

I personally don’t find this too hard, more the opposite. I had fun for a while and was happy floating between bronze and super bronze, i’m Rusty at this game and can still match against the pros & fellow veterans, only spending 30 mins in training and practice against ranked & casual matches. But after I got my 101 win last night, I’m done with this online. Too many people who quit half way through a fight, seriously when I lose, I always finish the match, that’s how you learn and get better.

The online aspect is too toxic, rage quitters, rookie crushers and lagging blatant cheats, even ran into mods. I’m fine getting matched with skilled players, as they are my best match’s, I literally promoted 2 people to silver, to say you deserve this rank. My ken vs Ken match’s was fun, had some got to the wire, with them winning or got to 1 hit ko and had 4 seconds left.

I did want to continue and use the other characters, but after a lot of pc users and few PS4 cheated blatantly, its no longer worth my time. If you can’t fight fair, where you resort to cheating, don’t play a fighting game and go back to my name is mayo. If someone ask for a rematch, it’s respectable to accept, not refuse it because you don’t want to lose your precious League points. I lose a match, I ask for a rematch, it’s called being respectable in the FGC since the arcade era. 

my advice is to not play pc users if you can, play 3 or 4+ connection’s, also that ken flowchart can be chuck out of the window, it won’t work against skilled players and veteran, pro, ken masters will obliterate you with the same combo. A lot of people underestimate the characters, tier levels are a joke, you can literally get bronze with Blanka, jumping rabbits gets 10,000 volts and you win.

It was fun while it lasted, but last night test prove to me again, online is toxic and people will do anything to cheat for a few trophy’s. Going to stay offline and get my survival runs done, at least it’s fair, apart from the difficulty being dumb down since sf2, even the extreme difficulty a joke. Good luck to anyone who wants to continue, but for me I’m done with the toxic cheaters. My favourite genre & game, ruined by idiots.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I personally don’t find this too hard, more the opposite. I had fun for a while and was happy floating between bronze and super bronze, i’m Rusty at this game and can still match against the pros & fellow veterans, only spending 30 mins in training and practice against ranked & casual matches. But after I got my 101 win last night, I’m done with this online. Too many people who quit half way through a fight, seriously when I lose, I always finish the match, that’s how you learn and get better.

The online aspect is too toxic, rage quitters, rookie crushers and lagging blatant cheats, even ran into mods. I’m fine getting matched with skilled players, as they are my best match’s, I literally promoted 2 people to silver, to say you deserve this rank. My ken vs Ken match’s was fun, had some got to the wire, with them winning or got to 1 hit ko and had 4 seconds left.

I did want to continue and use the other characters, but after a lot of pc users and few PS4 cheated blatantly, its no longer worth my time. If you can’t fight fair, where you resort to cheating, don’t play a fighting game and go back to my name is mayo. If someone ask for a rematch, it’s respectable to accept, not refuse it because you don’t want to lose your precious League points. I lose a match, I ask for a rematch, it’s called being respectable in the FGC since the arcade era. 

my advice is to not play pc users if you can, play 3 or 4+ connection’s, also that ken flowchart can be chuck out of the window, it won’t work against skilled players and veteran, pro, ken masters will obliterate you with the same combo. A lot of people underestimate the characters, tier levels are a joke, you can literally get bronze with Blanka, jumping rabbits gets 10,000 volts and you win.

It was fun while it lasted, but last night test prove to me again, online is toxic and people will do anything to cheat for a few trophy’s. Going to stay offline and get my survival runs done, at least it’s fair, apart from the difficulty being dumb down since sf2, even the extreme difficulty a joke. Good luck to anyone who wants to continue, but for me I’m done with the toxic cheaters. My favourite genre & game, ruined by idiots.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. Toxicity exists in every online game. If people quit on you add them to your in game blacklist so you don't fight them again.

Fighting games are tough but you already know that. Play to get better instead of focusing on just getting that trophy. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Most of the pros are at worst in the Grand Master ranks..  stop it.  You're likely not as good as you think you are.  So, just get better. That's all.  After all, you barely win 1/3 matches

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

With over 300 fights and 100 wins your win quote is like 30% probably, but I guess it's better to blame everything else. I would like to know how people "cheat" in ranked - not accepting a rematch is not cheating by the way, when I run into a laggy player I for sure won't play them again.

Floating between bronze and super bronze for 300 matches means you don't learn from your own mistakes at all - there has to be a reason you are losing but you don' want to accept it it seems.

• Like 2

Wow, I express my opinion and 3 people like to attack and say I’m dramatic, I got bpd and dyslexia, so Don’t judge a book by its cover. 1st I mentioned I’m rusty at the game, I never said I’m good or highly skilled. I know where I’m making mistakes and I learn from them, i don’t care about the trophy’s and I admit when I’m less skilled in the post. My win/loss rate is 50% and top 100,000 in Europe, but I think you get that at 1,000 league points, so that means squat. I’ve proven to myself my skills. Don’t need trophy’s to prove that. When you attack people, it makes you look bad.

I block over 30 people over the weekend, way too much to block, hence I said it is toxic, mods with teleporting ryu, god mode, laggers who don’t back off. I’m a tech and can clearly see the cheaters. I already admit I lack certain skills, hence why I’m still in super bronze, mentioned in the post. I float by 100 points, nothing more. I watch replays, learn from my mistakes and you guys say I can’t admit my lack of skills, I know I need to practice. I spent 30 mins training, before going online. My point was how toxic it had become recently, at least I got the balls to admit that and I wonder how many people generally did get the trophy’s by skill. From what I’ve seen, not that many, I played against skilled players, that’s better then me, who earned their silver/gold rank. I have seen rookie crushers, who will just beat bronze players, due to their lack of skill, how many of those 4.1k players - 900 players in 3 weeks, did you guys crush to get to silver/gold league, because you lack the skill to move up legit?. I played ultra bronze players and bronze players, that’s 10x got the skills to move up legit. I can honestly admit my mistakes, I know where and how to improve, got decades of experience to prove that. I lack the current skills to move up, yes I agree, don’t mean I can’t improve and move up with some time and practice.

2nd I have floated in bronze/super bronze in way less matches, who cares. i played 300 rank & casual total, not 300 rank, check my online Id and you will see. Check your facts, before you attack someone, saying they are moaning due to lack of skills. I win 2 and lose 2, heck I lose once and ask a rematch, I lose again, so what, at least it’s a fair fight. Never mentioned I’m skilled to reach the higher ranks, haven’t played the series since sf 3 alpha, I’m rusty. I’m just calling out on how toxic It has become, your telling me 2,000 people quit in 4 days due to lack of skill, maybe, but at least they gave it a chance. I’m just sick and tired of going online and see people who cheat, easy to do, let me get my mod PS4, enter a few codes in the pc, say the connection is a 5, when they clearly got a 1-2 connection, lag as soon as I combo, every time. Logically make no sense. I’ve beaten people with or without lag, doesn’t mean I have to stay online and watch people cheat. When I lose by skill, at least it’s fair & I admit it. Watch Daigo play laggers, cheats, research online, it’s all there in black on white, arcade edition had big Zangief, mini ryu’s and 1 hit ko’s with a full health bar. Prove me wrong, this hasn’t happened, yet it still happens in the CE. I admitted my lack of skills already, just calling it as I see it. Thought trophy hunters & fellow gamers be a bit more respectable, then just jump on someone who made a post. Do you attack beginners like that, to make you feel better?

please continue to attack me, If it makes you feel superior, I hate bully’s with a passion. Ive seen the toxic aspect once again and I’m done With playing online. One of reasons why I don’t play online, seen it in gta v and now street fighter. I play legit online, yet I call out the toxic of this online game and I get attacked. Grow up. I apologise for the long post, Just wanted to share my experience, won’t bother again. I have less respect for this forum now, as i’m disgusted at this treatment. If you got nothing nice to say, don’t post.. you want an adult conversation, I’m all ears.

• Like 3

I didn't want to make a new thread, but the climb to Gold Rank will be annoyingly difficult for me due to the fact PSN keeps forcing an Error 375050-0 on me after every three Ranked matches, and it's proving irritating when it not only locks me out of online as a whole for SFV, but for every other online game I own. I haven't seen any threads on any forums I frequent, so I want to know if this is just an extremely one-time issue for me or if it's happened to other folks as well.

Also 9/10 times people who play Ken/Ryu just wake up DP nearly every time, it's easy to win against those lmao.

27 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Stop playing to win. Start playing to learn.

This should be written in gold, capital letters and framed.

Another one would be the definition of insanity: doing the same shit over and over again, expecting something to change.

When you keep losing there is a reason for it: you might jump too much, you might be using unsafes moves too much, you can't confirm your hits into combos, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

When you keep losing there is a reason for it: you might jump too much, you might be using unsafes moves too much, you can't confirm your hits into combos, etc.

That's a great point. I'll share a tip for people wanting to get better too.

Use the share button and record your losses. Find out WHY you lost.

In this case watch back matches from your in game fighter profile for a greater degree of information during playback (player 1 and player 2 button inputs, slow mo etc.)

You will be amazed how effective of a training tool it is to watch back your own gameplay and spot what you done wrong. Messed up your button inputs? Jumped too much and got anti aired? Didn't have matchup experience? Well then, go to practice mode, emulate the same situation you saw in the replay using the dummy record action and dummy playback and start labbing.

Never neglect training in a fighting game. It's a tool, not a mode.

• Like 1