How Hard Is It to Get To Golden League ?

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

To the mods, I’m done, these comments are affecting my mental health. I explain my skill aspect in the first post, I’ve seen the frame data in regards to cheats, I’m a tech & video editor, not moaning due to lack of skills as I explained, going by the data I’ve seen in my replays (science). I’m just saying what I’ve experienced, I can call out and say don’t play pc users, but that’s unfair.

I do not have to deal with bully’s, I can spot people bluntly bully me, as been bullied my whole life, not being over dramatic in any sense. This has made me more suicidal, so thank you for your comments. 2 & 1/2 years spending time to not be suicidal and you brought it back. Read the post and maybe choose your words carefully before you reply, like I said don’t judge a book by its cover. I have dyslexia & Bpd, I’ve been suicidal, do you call everyone who writes a long post, unable to express the right words, dramatic & whining, to me that is taking the piss. 3 people quote & say the same things, without reading the post, I stop playing online due to cheats. I’m old school, you cheat single players, that’s fine, your not hurting anyone, when did it become acceptable to cheat online?

Do you do that to someone who has Asperger syndrome or anyone with mental health difficulty, my nephew is the same & do you want to take the piss out of a 4 year old, due to he struggles to say the right words?... maybe you didn’t mean to, but to me it says differently.

Thank you for making me feel this way. I thrive in playing skilled players, win or lose, I prefer fighting skilled players, pros, fellow veterans, not cheats, as that’s how I learn. I’m done, not going to reply again, as this has made my mental health worst. The cheats are from my personal experience, nothing more, nothing less, just because you haven’t experience it, don’t mean nobody else has. The net code is still broken. 

Don’t quote me again, I spent the whole night trying to forget this, to keep me from cutting myself, thank you for posting again, making me worse. Read my post, I’m not playing online due to cheaters, nothing to do with my skills. I learn from my fights, train & get better, I play to test my skills & learn from my mistakes, I test my skills against better players, if I lose, I watch my replays and see where I went wrong, i learn from my loses, I don’t hide, I love playing skilled fighters, I said this in 2 posts. Sorry mods, if this says otherwise, but no longer going to reply, due to this has effected my mental health. More important things in life. By the way, it took me an hour to reply, to make it seem nice, I apologise for being suicidal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm sorry to interject, but I'm reading about people quitting, why would they do that? Don't you lose points  when you quit? Or Capcom failed to even implement that?

Ragequitting knows no discrimination. And yeah you lose 70 or 90 points idk. 

23 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Sorry mods, if this says otherwise, but no longer going to reply, due to this has effected my mental health.

Dude, commenting on the Internet is like dipping yourself in gravy and jumping into a bear enclosure at the zoo, regardless of how correct you are, you will just get mauled at some point.

Back on topic, I think the game punishes rage quitters by docking them the same points they’d give up if they saw out the loss. It also gives them a “timeout” whereby they can’t enter online matches for 24hrs if they rack up 2 or 3 disconnections in the space of a few hours.

Edited by Tsundokuist

What the fuck, just had 1 guy quitting on me. But why would somebody do that, you still lose points and you need to bother yourself restarting the modem, only difference is that the winner (thanks Capcom!) doesn't get points. Jesus, talk about being petty.

Edit: I'm also losing the same amount of points I win when I lose to people at my same level zzz, the guide said -24, like hell.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Sad thing is, when the game went out, ragequitters were a common thing and were rampant with no penalty. So it was way worse back in the day.

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm also losing the same amount of points I win when I lose to people at my same level zzz, the guide said -24, like hell.

The info is quite outdated, from Super Bronze onwards if you are from the same division, you lose (more or less) the same points the other guy wins. Until Gold at least, I don't know in upper levels. The info from the guide nowadays only apply to Rookie and the basic Bronze League, where if you lose you barely lose points and your victories account for much more.

If you lose against someone from a division one level lower than yours, you will lose a lot, and the risk&profit diminishes the bigger the gap is. For example imagine you are a 2995 LP Silver, that after winning against a 1505 LP Ultra Bronze, he goes to Super Bronze and you go to Super Silver. If you do a rematch and you lose against him, you will lose a lot of points, more than 90. If you had won, you'd win around 25 points. And yeah, the opposite applies as well. I love doing rematch against guys that just rank up after our first match, as that means If I lose against that player the penalty would be lower than before, and if I win I would win way more LP.

Edited by Ekir

I've seen people cheat in online multiplayer in games going as far back as the early 2000s. It's NOT new, every game that becomes mega popular like your Call of Duty, Battlefield, Street Fighter, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto V etc etc has a bunch of cheaters.

I think it's interesting that ninjagirl657 states that he has been gaming since the 1980s. But he is acting like a 14 - 16 year old kid in his posts.

I avoid a lot of multiplayer because of shit like this, from experience I can tell you guys that being on the short end of the stick in multiplayer and then being insulted for it is a shitty situation. Fighting games attract a lot of griefers and ragequitters. You can be an absolute pro against the computer AI in fighting games, but on multiplayer it's a whole nother ballgame.

In Street Fighter IV the main difficulty was the trials. In Street Fighter V the main difficulty is the online. Don't plan on playing either game as I don't have the skills and I'd rather not spend all that time in practicing to get those skills. Got a lot of other games to play.

It is what it is. Golden League wasn't meant to be achieved by everyone. Ninjagirl657 should just admit to defeat and move on to other games.

• Like 1

I thought i'd come here to give you guys some tips but damn, only arkham can save some of you

Anyway, make sure you get the 300 ranked wins before you reach gold league, it's taking me 5~10 minutes to get a match, at least on eu, either get it before gold league or start losing matches until you go back to bronze/silver because on gold or above it's gonna take forever 

Don't bother - gettin' gold itself is pretty easy since, ya know, folks under platinum league don't know jack 'bout framedata => ya can spam a lot of crap for free.

Case in point - Zangief's command grab
Has there versions - Light, Medium, Heavy +EX
Heavyer verson = better frames/oki
Light = Hits far, but if ya'll dash after it, ya're far AND at -2, and thus, opponent has a turn
See of vid below 2:32

I recently uped 2 accounts to plat - only three out ~100 sub-gold players consciously punished it. 
Most eather backdashed or crouched blocked, leadin' to Illegal, but working grab loop

But gettin' platinum trophy will take A LOT of time - maybe 2+ mouths, tanks to Priceless - more so, since survival got nerfed in terms of fight money gain.
So, if game is fun for ya AND ya care 'bout learnin' match-ups and frame data outside of game - yeah, go for plat!
If ya don't - don't bother.

No point in grindin' in a game that ain't fun for ya :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3600 point so ultra silver with dhalsim, think if you play a not popular character is better, so don't play Ryu, Ken or Akuma, ect... Because some player know how beat this, play safe don't try to use shoryu on reversal lol. 

When you finish a battle, restart only if you win with not difficult, be careful pc player have very bad connection so you have some lag or freeze, try to use little combo, not requiere big combo if you think you can fail it

• Like 1

They did just release an update that'll give you slightly more LP if you get a win streak six and above (which apparently resets if you disconnect) and that caps off at W15. Doesn't really help someone like me, as I don't envision reaching W6+, but figured I'd throw that out there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 3:25 PM, Copanele said:

Ragequitting knows no discrimination. And yeah you lose 70 or 90 points idk. 

Can you quit out of match before it actually begins without losing any points? For example you don't start the fight but you can see the player you have matched up with?

Edited by whittle181

3 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Can you quit out of match before it actually begins without losing any points? For example you don't start the fight but you can see the player you have matched up with?

From what I remember you still get punished. I don't think Capcom changed it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

From what I remember you still get punished. I don't think Capcom changed it.

Thanks, the information you have provided me has been really helpful for me when researching this trophy. Now another question, at the end of the fight you have the option to play a rematch against your opponent. Can you select this option an unlimited amount of times and is there a point where your LP will stop increasing if you constantly play a rematch against your opponent?

9 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Thanks, the information you have provided me has been really helpful for me when researching this trophy. Now another question, at the end of the fight you have the option to play a rematch against your opponent. Can you select this option an unlimited amount of times and is there a point where your LP will stop increasing if you constantly play a rematch against your opponent?

Nope, you can play just one rematch, a max of 2 (basically the first to 2, if you win one, rematch then lose one then you can rematch a second time). And no, LP is given only depending on the difference of rank between you and your opponent.

12 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Nope, you can play just one rematch, a max of 2 (basically the first to 2, if you win one, rematch then lose one then you can rematch a second time). And no, LP is given only depending on the difference of rank between you and your opponent.

Damn it, just when I think I have an effective way to boost this my plans go down the toilet haha. I actually have another method but it's something I can only test myself so wish me luck and I will provide further details once completed!

7 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Damn it, just when I think I have an effective way to boost this my plans go down the toilet haha. I actually have another method but it's something I can only test myself so wish me luck and I will provide further details once completed!

Only real boosting method is two console alt account madness. But you have to constantly boost multiple accounts so you always have one around the same level as your main. So annoying. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, whittle181 said:

Are you able to chose your server region to make this easier to pair up?

There is no server region to select but you do play against players that are more closer to you are within  your region like NA players most likely will NOT play against EU players. Sometimes you can match against somebody else further away but its rare and it could also be very laggy. You have filters like playing only against ps4 players or you can play ps4 AND pc players and select the 1-5 bar connection preference.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you really have a trouble for getting gold rank you can try to boosting but think we can play only with player have 2 rank higther or lower, so try to get Silver rank first. 

Maybe I can help because I'm super gold and try to back to bronze for get my 300 win fast ahah 

Edited by EdgeHosenkan