How Hard Is It to Get To Golden League ?

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

Rose looks like a good character that can help carry. She's has plenty of tools those at low levels (like myself haha) will struggle against. Having a moderate understanding of those tools would make a noticeable difference, it seems. And the sooner you can hop online with her, the more trouble people will have against her. She releases on the 19th.

I definitely intend on learning her (she was my main in my relatively brief venture into USF4). I'm undecided if I'll switch to her full-time, as I'm attached to Karin and would love to reach Gold with her haha. But if Rose is a better fit for me, and can better help me get to Gold, then awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, SuperXander000 said:

Is any portion of this game boostable? Especially online?

(havent started the boosting yet.)

Yes, you can boost the Golden League trophy, but it would require a partner that lives as closest as possible from you (or that you have 2 PS4/PS5), because the matchmaking is based on your connection, you cant choose who you play with. You also need a couple alt accounts to trade wins, because you only play against people one or two ranks below/above you.

Let me know if you need more details about how I did it, I havent found many information about it myself.

15 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Yes, you can boost the Golden League trophy, but it would require a partner that lives as closest as possible from you (or that you have 2 PS4/PS5), because the matchmaking is based on your connection, you cant choose who you play with. You also need a couple alt accounts to trade wins, because you only play against people one or two ranks below/above you.

Let me know if you need more details about how I did it, I havent found many information about it myself.

That is good to know. :D thank you

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 25/06/2021 at 6:39 AM, RangyRV said:

you cant choose who you play with

Not exactly but you can accept the fight if your friend has the same timer as yours when you match with somebody.

Use your mic :

You : "I have someone. 7 seconds left."

Him : "7 seconds left too so that's me. Accept."

You : "Accept."

So you will be able to match whenever you want with the same person.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I can't imagine trying to get this trophy nowadays in 2022. There are some exceptional, and I mean very exceptional Street Fighter players out there.

Since you actually have to be good to get this legit, and given how some players have been playing Street Fighter games for decades, it's probably next to impossible for me to get this one. Capcom loves to throw out difficult, time consuming and challenging trophy lists.

57 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I can't imagine trying to get this trophy nowadays in 2022. There are some exceptional, and I mean very exceptional Street Fighter players out there.

Since you actually have to be good to get this legit, and given how some players have been playing Street Fighter games for decades, it's probably next to impossible for me to get this one. Capcom loves to throw out difficult, time consuming and challenging trophy lists.

If you have any fundamentals, you'll literally breeze up to at least diamond now

• Like 2

You scrubs should just learn the fundamentals of fighting games so you can continue to grow as a player and not be so dependent on boosting when the game is popular. Relying on fundamentals alone will get you to Diamond League. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Paul said:

You scrubs should just learn the fundamentals of fighting games so you can continue to grow as a player and not be so dependent on boosting when the game is popular. Relying on fundamentals alone will get you to Diamond League. 

While I agree with what you are saying, I don't agree with the way you are saying it.

• Like 4

On 8/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

While I agree with what you are saying, I don't agree with the way you are saying it.

There’s no other way to say it. People are going to spend more time boosting than they will actually learning fighting games. Lmfao 

• Like 2

You can boost thé golden league but you need to have pyramidal organisation, so suggest try to reach thé super silver league legit, personaly im not good on fighting game have just correct execution but have my dhalsim ultra gold without really try hard this, if i Can, all can too you just need to select a correct charactere and little train with, of course is harder with dan and easiest with bison, akuma or ryu cause both are top tier and dan the lowest but tape your time and finnaly you got it

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EdgeHosenkan said:

You can boost thé golden league but you need to have pyramidal organisation, so suggest try to reach thé super silver league legit, personaly im not good on fighting game have just correct execution but have my dhalsim ultra gold without really try hard this, if i Can, all can too you just need to select a correct charactere and little train with, of course is harder with dan and easiest with bison, akuma or ryu cause both are top tier and dan the lowest but tape your time and finnaly you got it

Neither Akuma or Ryu are top tier, especially Akuna getting nerfed a few times.  

• Like 1

Dhalsim player here, can confirm that nobody knows how to fight this character. After a few weeks of practice, I got a 12 winstreak that launched me from Super Silver to Gold League. I highly recommend playing him if you have the time and patience to train.

Regardless of your character, if you learn to block, anti-air, use EX & V meter, perform combos (especially 3-4f startup punish, crush counter, & a high damage jump-in for stunned enemies), you'll get your ranked wins. 

In Sim's case, you'll need to master the execution for instant air teleport (6239XXX), as it's his strongest tool for mobility and mixups (overhead, crossup, empty teleport low/throw). 

Street Fighter V is an awesome game and platinum trophy, and absolutely worth the grind in my opinion. Have fun and good luck everyone who goes for it, and feel free to hit me up for advice. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ryu has never been top tier. 

Ryu was a top tier character in season 1.  That's it, though. 

15 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Just chiming in to farther add to the get good and just do it legit train.

That's not a insult btw, just saying you should because its much more rewarding then being bored while boosting.

Also if a scrub like me can reach diamond then you can too.    

You're not a scrub. Scrubs are people who think they're good when they actually suck, especially most folks who think they're good here because they got trophies smh

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Blacklist people who beat you, don't block players you beat, simple as that.

I'm dead serious, Silver, Super Silver etc. was like fighting afk bots. You get even near Gold and suddenly everyones got perfect defense, frame trap mastery and are on 400 ping. I started blacklisting everyone I would clearly lose against or had dogshirt connections, like theres no point in running it back I'm not gonna win, and I got gold within a day. You'll run into enough Gold scrubs that you'll rank up in no time, I think I even went on a winstreak and blew way past gold once I started blacklisting people. There are scrubs in every rank, people that clearly don't belong there yet somehow manage. They dont tech throws, they dont block anything, you can jump in on them nonstop, they DO exist(probably fewer now compared to when I did it) and you WILL find them and you WILL rank up. Neva give up!

Not gonna lie, that's the most original technique I ever heard of, after the laggy "WiFi Brazilian Ken" shoryuken spam ?? I'd give two upvotes for that one, no joke!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m sure I’ve commented on this thread before. Don’t remember, and I can’t be bothered to sift through all six pages. 

I just know that with my bad internet, there’s no chance in hell I will ever reach Golden League in online ranked matches. Knowing how skill intensive this franchise is, and knowing there are guys in their 40s who have been playing since the Street Fighter 2 days who can easily kick my ass, I will gladly bow out of this one.

I picked this one up as a PS Plus offering. I was having issues just getting to the main menu. I guess Capcom has to monotize and milk this franchise for all it has, because it’s probably one of the greediest Japanese gaming companies out there. 

If I ever decide to get the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection I can probably boost the blue belt trophy, but not the Golden League trophy in Street Fighter V. Sounds like Capcom purposely made this trophy a pain in the ass to get.

• Haha 1