STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

I'm in, I'll get you a list tomorrow. I've got some stuff in mind for each one.

Any percentage regulations? Like, anything already started but under 30%? That sort of thing.

Also, for the #stayhomeandwatch ultra challenge, maybe a spin off or inspired by one, like Lego games based on movies?  Just a thought.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

Add me in.  Let's see if I can finally reach 200 plats and call it quits:

Game with me: Star Wars Battlefronnt 2 is what I'd say, but it's already somewhere else, so hmmmm, ultra rares as of now... fuck. ok ok DMC 5, so be it, ugh talk about hard

Travel with me: uhhhh, Borderlands 1 counts, I guess? It's pretty big.

Fight with me:  I'll go with KH3 with the Rook trophy consisting of killing 5,000 enemies (backlog)

Workout with me: Does Borderlands 3 count as action rpg? It's a rpg and fps hybrid, otherwise, Diablo 3

Bond with me: oh, that's wholesome, I'll go with God of War 2018/4

Stay home: well, they're making an Uncharted movie, do I get away with Uncharted 2?

Solve with me: well, puzzles could mean many things, I don't know, Hollow Knight(backlog) I have  no idea where to go, so there's that. Actually, wait, Uncharted 3, haha gotchu

Get ready: I'm so gonna regret this: Dragon's Dogma or Skyrim, both are very long but great games

Read with me: I'm totally out of games for this, unfortunately, I'll leavee it blank 'till I get some games/requirements are expanded

Hangout with me:  Star Wars Battlefront 2

Craft with me: oh man, the games do not stack, I'm afraid? I already said too many games with crafting mechanics... uhhh, Days Gone (backlog)

Dance with me: yeah, Hitman go has one of the best Soundtracks ever, ok fine, I'll go with Ratchet and Clank 2, but it's highly subjective.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

ugh talk about hard

They wouldn't be Ultra challenges if they didn't have some measure of increased difficulty. ;)

I should do research on the games listed so I will know if you are doing the normal or ultra challenges. Does Days Gone have a trophy requiring crafting something? Anyways, I'll put Borderlands 3 down on your theme for WORKOUT because the Borderlands games are action-based and involve a lot of walking so I'm sure those Vault Hunters get a ton of thick muscles. xD

For READ, you can pretty much find a lot of Telltale games on the PSN store going for cheap(since the company went under) if you have no other option. I'm sure the people of this forum can also throw out ideas for visual novels they like to read. I want this thread to also be a support group for people to come up with game ideas. ;)

Also, if they are making a movie based on a game, then I will allow it. After all, that allows me to put the Ratchet and Clank(2016) game on my list for that theme as that game is based on the movie based on the game. xD

I'll get a list of everyone who is submitting lists ASAP as I intend to put my own list as well. I will edit the opening post to include a list of participants soon as I know people are going to come in droves. As I said, I don't want to have too many participants but if anyone wants to do the event off-site(like I am doing with Bingo Bonanza 2020), you are free to do so.

I am adding everyone who posted and asked to join to my list. Thanks to @Cassylvania(I knew she would try this out, I love how she handles events), @hsn963, @scemopagliaccioh, @AffectatiousDonk, @SpaceCoresDad and of course @willythom88

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 3

I think I'll give it a go since there isn't a requirement to do ultra challenges for all of them, because the VR game one is definitely an impossibility for me.  Will try and come up with a list soon.  Would it be ok though to leave some blank since some of us tend to be more I'll play what I feel like and then see if it fits for a category sorts?

Question, for the FIGHTWITHME one, would it be doable to get the ultra olevel with a beat 'em up game instead?  Beat 'em up games usually consist of fighting swarms of enemies and you have to defeat them all to proceed to the next area.  A classic of the genre is Double Dragon.  Feels like that would also be a good match for the ultra level of that theme as well.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Here's my list for now. I'm attempting to do the ultra challenge for each one, so let me know if you think some of them don't fit.

#COOKWITHME: ...Can I get back to you on this one? I'm sure I have a game with a cooking minigame in it SOMEWHERE but I'd really have to dig through my collection. I guess we have time before the even starts but this isn't a good one to begin with for me, lmao.

#DANCEWITHME: Sayonara Wild Hearts. Been meaning to play this one for a while. It's a rhythm game and it has a kickass soundtrack, so I think it fits the bill pretty well.

#CRAFTWITHME: HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1. God what a mouthful of a title. Anyway, this game apparently lets you craft items with an "item dev" system. There's two trophies for making items, one for just making one and another for making 100. Seems reasonable enough to me for this one.

#HANGOUTWITHME: For Honor. This is a primarily multiplayer game, and fittingly, it has a lot of multiplayer trophies. I've already gotten started on this one, but it might still take a while. Hope it's okay that it's already begun!

#READWITHME: Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. A visual novel with multiple endings, all of which require a trophy. Seems like it fits to me!

#GETREADYWITHME: Tomb Raider: Anniversary. There's a trophy called "Dressed to Kill" that has you unlock all of Lara's outfits. This one was easier than I expected! :D

#SOLVEWITHME: Slayaway Camp. As far as I can tell, this game is purely puzzles. Yes, those puzzles involve you murdering hapless campers, but there's nothing in between them! Let me know if you don't think this fits the spirit of the challenge, but it's segmented into purely puzzle levels, so I think it fits.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Prison Break. This is based on a TV show, not a movie, is that alright? For the bonus challenge, I'd recommend a game that's well known for having incredibly long cutscenes or something? Like Death Stranding or Metal Gear Solid 4 or something. I'll change my pick if there ends up being an ultra challenge for that. 

#BONDWITHME: I'll get back to you on this one again. I know I have one, I just need to rifle through my discs.

#WORKOUTWITHME: Job Simulator. This one's on sale right now and I needed an excuse to buy it! It's like, the perfect VR title for this.

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat 11. Just got this one too. Never platinumed an MK game before but I hear this one is the easiest of them. How hard could it be?

#TRAVELWITHME: Watch_Dogs 2. Pretty open world game to me. It'll make me play it before Legion comes out too.

#GAMEWITHME: I have a few of these, and this is pretty open. I'll need more time to sort it out.

Anyway, hope this works! Feel free to critique or tell me it's all good. Looking forward to this event!

• Like 1

#COOKWITHME - Will get back to you on this since the only one I can think of offhand is a better fit for another category.

#DANCEWITHME - Akiba's Beat - As far as I know this game has rhythm elements to it

#CRAFTWITHME - Will get back to you on this, most of the ones I can think of are very lengthy and I'm not sure how doable they are any time soon.

#HANGOUTWITHME - Will have to get back to you on this since I've finished all games I know of that have this aspect and I'm not really into MP games.

#READWITHME - Can I put down three possibilities here?  If so, either Death Mark, Our World is Ended, or YU-NO

#GETREADYWITHME - Tales of Symphonia - This one doesn't seem evident right off, but alternate costumes are tied to titles and there are trophies for getting every one of a character's titles.

#SOLVEWITHME - If I don't finish Word Search by POWGI by then, then that one.  If I do, then either Fifty Words by POWGI or one of the Pic-A-Pix games on PS4 I haven't finished yet.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Will get back to you on this one because I don't think I own a game on PSN based on a movie or has had a movie made about it.

#BONDWITHME - Nier - The protag is a father and the reason for the game's plot is because he wants to find a cure for a disease his daughter has.

#WORKOUTWITHME - Not sure off the top of my head which games I have are action RPGs that I want to play (besides Nier) so I'll get back to you on this one.

#FIGHTWITHME - Will get back to you on this.  I'm not into fighting games, so I'll need to know if a Beat 'Em Up will suffice or I'll have to dig through and see what games have trophies for killing monsters (and to think, I just finished up one with a very excessive monster kill requirement)

#TRAVELWITHME - I'll get back with you here since I have a bunch of games that would fit for this.

#GAMEWITHME - Will get back on this one as well since my first thought is a sequel and I'd have to figure out a way to also fit in the first game then.

If anyone has thoughts, I have a listing of my owned and unstarted games in my about me.  I'm only not really looking to try and finish up either Kingdom Hearts game, God of War and Muramasa Rebirth at this time and two Tales of games would be a bit much (Symphonia is a lengthy plat and I'll be a bit burnt out on the series for a time once I'm done with that one), but am open to suggestions otherwise since I don't know much about a lot of the games yet and especially how doable their plats are since a lot of my games are really long.

• Like 1

I am signing up. Here is my list. There is no #DANCEWITHME because I don't own any games fit either criteria that I haven't platinumed.   

#COOKWITHME - Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

You cook food and eat. There is a cooking mini-game but it's very simple. All you do is press :cross: at the correct time to not burn your dish. I'm a little unsure if it qualifies for the Ultra Challenge. 

#CRAFTWITHME - Megadimension Neptunia VII

There is crafting and there is a trophy for crafting 100 items.  

#HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 4 Golden

You hang out with people sometimes. 

#READWITHME - London Detective Mysteria

A visual novel. I think you're required to get every ending for the platinum but I'm not sure. 

#GETREADYWITHME - School Girl/Zombie Hunter

There are alternate outfits and you get a trophy for collecting all of them.

#SOLVEWITHME - Infinifactory

You spending 99% of the game doing puzzles. The other 1 % you walk around your tiny cell (it's also the game's level select ) and later in the game>

Spoiler

You get talked at by NPC's in the second area that also acts like a level select.

> so I'm not sure if it counts for the Ultra Challenge. 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time

There are a Little Witch Academia movie. As far I am aware, I have no other movie related games, so I guess I lucked out.  

#BONDWITHME - Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

Most of the playable characters are related to at least 1 other playable character.  

#WORKOUTWITHME - Valkyria Revolution 

It's a action-RPG with running in there. Sadly, no VR support. 

#FIGHTWITHME - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel

Fighting game. 

#TRAVELWITHME -  The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition  

A game with large maps and you travel to multiple locations (with their own maps) in the game's world. 

#GAMEWITHME - Oddworld New 'n' Tasty

A video game that I want to play. It also has a Ultra Rare platinum trophy.

Edit: I realized that the criteria for #DANCEWITHME is just platinuming a game with a really amazing soundtrack. I own multiple Touhou games with amazing soundtracks, so I can't just pretend that all the games I own have terrible soundtracks. Honestly, I just don't want do #DANCEWITHME because then I would be completing 13 categories and 13 is unlucky.

Edited by AuroraHistoire

That's a really interesting set of challenges. I would also like to join this event. My list will be up later as I need to coordinate my selection with my curret challenge to see if I can overlap anything. (Shame that I can't Ultra Challenge everything since I don't own a PSVR...)

• Like 1

@ladynadiad, @Ampplaca, @AuroraHistoire, @ArtikSkarab and @Aeshmah, you are all in. Glad to see people coming in, but as I said, I am not going to take too many participants as I have to track all of your lists. Maybe next year I can make a bigger event and let people who couldn't make it in after the cut-off have some fun with a similar event. (Unless the quarantine lasts for 2 years, lol I hope not xD) Welcome to the thread. I'm adding any lists right away and don't worry if you don't have a list thought up now, that's why I put the start date at the first of the month, you have at least two weeks to come up or research ideas for games. ;)

7 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

This is based on a TV show, not a movie, is that alright?

Of course. watching doesn't just mean movies, it means sports, concerts, and TV series as well. In fact, I'll edit that category a tad... *goes off *

*comes back* There, the OP now added sports games to that category and I even found an Ultra challenge for that category. ;) Now if you don't mind, I need to go off to bed. I stayed up all night watch a speedrun of FFVII remake. :P

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Can I put down three possibilities here?  If so, either Death Mark, Our World is Ended, or YU-NO

Okay, I could answer a couple of questions. You are free to choose between these three, but you have to choose one if they all have platinums. Just choose your favorite. As for the puzzle games, I doubt you could finish Word Search by POWGI. I platinumed that on an older account for Vita and boy howdy did it take forever. Still, I'm putting ?? in the READ, SOLVE and TRAVEL categories until you decide on a definitive title for them.

For FIGHT, I will allow a Beat-Em-Up(like Double Dragon, right?) for the Ultra Challenge since Beat-Em-Ups are pretty much waves of enemies so it fits. When I get a nap I'll wake up and edit the theme to allow that so people don't ask me this question again. Also, as I told SpareCoresDad, you are free to use a sports game or something based on a TV show or concert.

3 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

There is a cooking mini-game but it's very simple. All you do is press :cross: at the correct time to not burn your dish. I'm a little unsure if it qualifies for the Ultra Challenge. 

Well, Kingdom Hearts 3's cooking mini-games aren't that complicated either. xD I'll allow it, I am not trying to make the Ultra Challenge be too strict since I took a lot of thought on how to use the themes. (I would have put a gardening theme down too but very few games I know of have gardening themes that aren't Harvest Moon clones like your aforementioned Rune Factory. :D)

Also, if a game is 90% or more puzzles, then it counts for the Ultra Challenge, so your game will count. I put Artifex Mundi titles in the normal challenge as they are point-and-click adventures with puzzles in them, though they could count for the Ultra Challenge. I will get back on this if nobody submits an Artifex Mundi title for SOLVE.

8 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

As a question, do these have to be previously unstarted games?

Thanks for the question, and no, I had said that the games do not need to be 0%, you can have games with trophies already on them.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

My Finalized List...

#COOKWITHME: Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! (PSV)- This game is one big cooking mini game. You have to perform well to cook well.

#DANCESINGWITHME: Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (PSV) - I wasn’t sure about adding another rhythm game to the mix but this is one I have been sitting on for a while.

#CRAFTWITHME: Fallout 4 (PS4) - There are trophies for crafting items, weapon mods, and workshop items. More items to craft as well. This will give me a reason to finish this game up that I started... 

#HANGOUTWITHME: Dead Island Riptide (PS3) - Complete the main story with multiplayer co-op partner(s) and tag enemies in a MP co-op game. 

#READWITHME: Our World Is Ended NA (PS4)- A VN where you have to see every path and ending to get those specific trophies.

#LEARNWITHME: Assassin’s Creed III Remastered (PS4) - Takes place during the American Revolution.

#GETREADYWITHME: Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - The Fashion Victim trophy is for acquiring all clothing or outfits.

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (PS4) - One big whodunnit where you have to figure out what happened on the ship and solve the crime.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica EU (PS4) - Beat the NA version and picked up the EU version on sale. I figure this gives me a reason to go through it again.

#BONDWITHME: God of War (PS4)- A father and son go on a walkabout...

#WORKOUTWITHME: Xing: The Land Beyond (PS4) - A VR puzzle game I picked up on sale. I don’t own a VR headset but someone I know is loaning me his so I can play this.

#FIGHTWITHME: Tekken 7 (PS4)- I hate fighting games but this one looks doable for me

#TRAVELWITHME: Skyrim (PS4)- Fus Ro Dah! all over this big big world...

#GAMEWITHME: Amnesia Collection (PS4) - Been meaning to get around to this one and it is currently an UR Plat...

Edited by Fnee2000
Finalized list...
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

@ladynadiad, @Ampplaca, @AuroraHistoire, @ArtikSkarab and @Aeshmah, you are all in. Glad to see people coming in, but as I said, I am not going to take too many participants as I have to track all of your lists. Maybe next year I can make a bigger event and let people who couldn't make it in after the cut-off have some fun with a similar event. (Unless the quarantine lasts for 2 years, lol I hope not xD) Welcome to the thread. I'm adding any lists right away and don't worry if you don't have a list thought up now, that's why I put the start date at the first of the month, you have at least two weeks to come up or research ideas for games. ;)

Of course. watching doesn't just mean movies, it means sports, concerts, and TV series as well. In fact, I'll edit that category a tad... *goes off *

*comes back* There, the OP now added sports games to that category and I even found an Ultra challenge for that category. ;) Now if you don't mind, I need to go off to bed. I stayed up all night watch a speedrun of FFVII remake. :P

You could always recruit help from other members to help run it. I've done this with others, and it makes it a lot less stressful to run. Especially when you have a lot of participants.

Who knows? If this goes well, maybe some of the participants will volunteer to help next time! Then, you don't have to look very hard! Haha.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

For FIGHT, I will allow a Beat-Em-Up(like Double Dragon, right?) for the Ultra Challenge since Beat-Em-Ups are pretty much waves of enemies so it fits. When I get a nap I'll wake up and edit the theme to allow that so people don't ask me this question again. Also, as I told SpareCoresDad, you are free to use a sports game or something based on a TV show or concert.

And if you want some examples of Beat Em Ups besides Double Dragon (that's just the most iconic example I know of), a couple I can think of on PSN are I Am The Hero, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae and the Senran Kagura games.  All of them are pretty reasonable plats as well, but yeah thought that could be a great fit too.

Did actually think of a few for some of the other categories though:

HANGOUTWITHME - Hero Must Die. Again - While the socialization is limited since the game takes place over five days, one aspect of the game is meeting various people in an attempt to find the Hero's beloved and each of the heroines you meet give you a quest to accomplish and then they join your party.  On top of that, there are trophies for spending the night with each of the heroines (not in the same playthrough, of course).

STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Would the Sherlock Holmes games work?  While Sherlock Holmes is originally a book series, the books have had numerous TV shows and movies made based off them.  If so I'll use Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

READWITHME - I'll go with Death Mark for this one then.

SOLVEWITHME - I'll go with Word Search by POWGI.  If by chance I do finish it, I'll just save one trophy to be popped on the first then.

WORKOUTWITHME - Dark Cloud - It's an action RPG

GAMEWITHME - Dark Cloud 2 - This was my first thought but I had to figure out a way to fit in the first game first, but it's definitely a UR plat.

• Like 1