STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

Complete my first game from the #HangOutWithMe Ultra challenge 

1Lf45ced.png

The game is Tron Evolution, could have been much better if the enemies weren't bullet sponges but enjoyable overall. Some checkpoints felt out of place and some just spawn you in the middle of the field, which makes you lose life when the game is loading

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

sign me up, ill add the games as I go so ill start with

#SOLVEWITHME: Word Sudoku by POWGI (EU PS4)

Okaaay, if you want to do it that way, I won't judge. You'll have to explain it to @Kristycism and @gruffiiti since they need to add you to the tracking sheet.

EDIT: Had to add a new list because the old one couldn't be amended. So if you don't see your name in the first spoiler, open up the second one.

Edited by Rune_Crys

2 more games marked off the list! Haven't decided what to start next. Might start chipping a bit off of Persona 5 Royal again. @Kristycism @gruffiiti

#COOKWITHME: Dead Hungry (Game about cooking for zombies:platinum: (Also the second faster achiever for it, nice!)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Game about dancing)
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2 (Gotta Craft 'em All Trophy)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Multiple trophies requiring at least 1 other person)
#READWITHME: Root Letter (Finding the Truth! Trophy) They're called routes in the game but are still achieving all endings :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4 (Fully Loaded Trophy)
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Dressed to the Nines Trophy)
#SOLVEWITHME: Waking Violet (Puzzle Game:platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica (FMV Game)
#BONDWITHME: Persona 5: Dancing Star Night (You can play as the twins which are related)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine (VR Game:platinum: (I also 100% the DLC, not sure if that qualifies for bonus points or not)
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami (Combat is Fighting)
#TRAVELWITHME: Persona 5 Royal (You explore quite a bit of Tokyo during you free time)
#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Currently 4.08% on PSNProfiles)

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 2

#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat (79%)
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) (27%)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

Figured I should make an update even if I have no new completions.  Getting close on Akiba's Beat, but I admit my patience for this game is wearing thin fast.  I'm surprised this plat isn't a UR because the game has some serious issues that make getting the plat very annoying.  I'll detail it a bit more in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

So pretty much there is only one grindy trophy, and it's just getting everyone's levels to 99.  Of course, inactive members gain no experience.  Still, this is one of the few things done well since you are given an arena that gives good experience for reasonably short battles and a support character who further increases experience.  So pretty much you can get one level for a set of 8 not too terrible, but boring battles.

No, the real annoyance is the sheer amount of backtracking the plat requires.  Keep in mind, I normally don't object to some backtracking if there is a good plot reason for it and the game makes it pretty easy to do.  This game fails in both respects.  So pretty much to get the true ending, you have to complete all the sub events for all the party members.  Each sub eventpart is pretty much an annoying go to X location on the other end of town and you do that about 3-4 times (with one of them needing you to go all over town around 12 times).  Combine this with slow loading times, and they are annoying and really don't add much to the game.  But the best is the last part of them, you have to go through their individual delusionscapes yet again and beat a beefed up version of the boss there.  One character even requires going through two of them (only one amped up boss though, but that character's dungeon is the most annoying one there is).

Then after you finish that and all the support character's sub-events, you now have to do the sub-event from hell.  So after you just completed backtracking through seven dungeons, you get to go do it again and beat another amped up version of the boss from the dungeon.  On top of this, if you want to complete all quests, you'll have to do this again for four more dungeons.  Oh, and one of those quests is also glitched and if you accept it and don't complete it before going to the final dungeon, one of the final dungeon bosses completes it and locks you out of another trophy.  Thanks game.  Thankfully I left a save before that, but I have to do a lot of annoying crap to unlock the EX dungeon and trudge through that again or play through the whole game again.  Both choices honestly suck.

Then let's get into quests.  Quests basically amount to kill X number of monsters.  Well, there are multiple quests per dungeon, but you can only have one quest per dungeon at a time.  So for example there are three for the first dungeon.  You have to go kill monsters to complete the first quest, leave, report it completed and then accept the next one.  Then do the same thing and then you get the last one.  And this is the case for every freaking quest.  Did I also mention the load times in this game are terrible and make this rather time consuming?  It takes on average 30 seconds to a minute, if not more to lead every time you change areas or go into a new area.  Even the menu loads kind of slow.  And some of these dungeons get pretty big, plus the EX dungeon only allows you to leave every three floors.  Though there is one helpful glitch that for the EX dungeon monster quests, you can get those quests completed via the arena fights, and you're going to need those to get to level 99 anyhow.  However, I think it would have made far more sense to allow a player to accept multiple quests in the same area and wipe them all out in one trip.

On top of the sheer amount of backtracking, the game does nothing to allow you to avoid pointless encounters other than the shops sell an item that prevents enemy detection.  You can see the monsters, but most of them run faster than you do.  For even more fun if you try to outrun them and fail, it causes a back attack which means the monsters automatically get to do about 10% damage.  So even the monsters from the first dungeon that you can kill in one hit can do 300+ damage due to a back attack at the end of the game when normally they'd be lucky to do 1 HP damage, if they can even get a hit in.  Most games that have visible encounters at least do something to make it easy to avoid weak encounters (enemies running away, or you can hit them and kill them automatically, etc.) oh and did I mention the slow loading times?  So yeah, pointless battles mean you are stuck waiting longer for the battle to load than the battle even lasts and outside of that item that wears off pretty fast, you can't avoid most of the enemies.  What in the hell is the point of visible enemies if they are just going to run faster than you and you can't avoid them?  If they are going to do it that way, may as well have done random encounters.

Akiba's Beat is definitely a prime example of some poor design choices combined make the game really annoying and can ruin an otherwise decent enough game.

So yeah,pretty much getting the plat for Akiba's Beat is basically letting me see all the poor design choices this game made.  I can definitely see why the game didn't do well, and it's a shame they went this route when Akiba's Trip was actually pretty fun and had good gameplay.  It would have been much better to improve upon what was good about Akiba's Trip instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and do something completely different when they had a good thing going for them.

Also made some progress in Nier and am nearly done with my first playthrough.  The game requires 4 for the plat though so I still got a while on that one.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

4th game completed, 10 to go ! ?

Finished AC Syndicate (#getready for 10 points). 

Next, Spyro 3 and Lego, let's keep the gaming colorful and fun this week ?

#dancesing : FFVIII 
#Craft : Deponia 2 (ultra) 
#hangout : Bortherlands 3 (ultra) 
#StayHomeandWatch: Spyro 3 
#learn : Gravity Rush 2 ( ultra ) 
#Solve : Lego Marvel Super Héros 2 
#Bond : God of War (ultra) 
#Fight : Days Gone 
#Travel : Watchdog 2 (ultra) 
#Game : Farming Simulator 19

Games completed :
#getready: Assasins Creed Syndicate
#Stayhome : Assassins Creed Freedom Cry ( 5 points) 
#cook : Overcooked 2 (ultra) 
#workout : FarCry New Dawn 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Figured I should make an update even if I have no new completions.  Getting close on Akiba's Beat, but I admit my patience for this game is wearing thin fast.

Oh dear, I hope your patience holds to finish that game! Good luck!

Anyways, plugging away at Ratchet and Clank now. I need to go over my list, think I might swap out with one of my three swaps so I can balance the speed of the list.

EDIT: Okay, decided to use one of my three free swaps to change the list a bit. I don't think I'll ever bother playing the original Dragon Quest Builders. Also changed up the description for the normal challenge of #TRAVEL to fit since I don't think my choice for that category fits the Ultra Challenge.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:03 AM, dadoudelidou said:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U)
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (N)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U) (20 pts.)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) (20 pts.)
 WATCH: Ratchet and Clank (2016) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N) (10 pts.)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Reverie (PS4) (N)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

Reverie is a story about a kid on summer vacation visiting his grandparents and exploring an island and its lore, what could be more travel-related than that? I put the PS4 version down as while I have started the PS Vita version, I know I will stack the PS4 version anyways since it's on my older account's library. :P

Moved Dragon Quest Builders 2 to CRAFT because there is a trophy for obtaining 60% of the items in the Builderpedia and most of these will have to be crafted. Also, checking my notes, my progress is at Silver right now, but I do plan on hitting Gold soon with Ratchet and Clank and another game. I think Dreams is probably the easiest to do since it doesn't require much, although it might have online trophies that I have to deal with. In ease of speed, I would say Reverie, followed by Dark Cloud. The rest... are going to take a lot time to do and will probably consume the rest of Spring and Summer. :(

Edited by Rune_Crys

Weekly Update

#COOKWITHME: Ultra Challenge: TV Superstars 37/51 trophies 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight :platinum:

#CRAFTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Bioshock  -PS4 0/66 trophies 

#HANGOUTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Zombie Tycoon 2 20/37 trophies 

#READWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Steins;Gate - PS3 8/42 trophies

#LEARNWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Mass Effect 2 48/55 trophies

#GETREADYWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom 10/42 trophies 

#SOLVEWITHME: Ultra Challenge Master Reboot 4/21 trophies

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Ultra Challenge: UFC 2009 Undisputed 8/31 trophies

#BONDWITHME: Ultra Challenge: God of War[2018] 7/31

#WORKOUTWITHME: Alternative Ultra Challenge: MiCoach 8/26 trophies

#FIGHTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Shenmue 6/29 trophies

#TRAVELWITHME:Ultra Challenge: Nier Automata 0/48 trophies 

#GAMEWITHME: Ultra Challenge:  Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland %4.66 - Ultra Rare 5/21 trophies

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:
Figured I should make an update even if I have no new completions.  Getting close on Akiba's Beat, but I admit my patience for this game is wearing thin fast.  I'm surprised this plat isn't a UR because the game has some serious issues that make getting the plat very annoying.  I'll detail it a bit more in a spoiler tag.

I ended up dropping the game pretty quick due to how boring the game felt.  I just couldn't get into it in the slightest & the story was extremely predictable up to wherever I made it. Plus I'm pretty sure I ended up figuring out the whole big plot they're working towards the entire game in the first 5 minutes it was introduced

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Oh it will because leaving it incomplete will annoy me far more than the game has annoyed me.

Speaking of which, I may have to leave Ratchet and Clank incomplete forever as I have experienced a game-breaking bug. For some reason, after I went to the Nebula, my holocard collection stopped updating. Even after buying new weapons and visiting new areas, the list doesn't update with these sets. I think this is a game-breaking bug similar to how I got one in Kingdom Hearts 3 where even after collecting all of the chests in Monstropolis, one was not registered in the phone journal as being collected so I couldn't complete the 100% collection. :(

As such, I may have to delete the save and just do speedrun strats because I think the game bugged out as I got all of the holocard sets completed before advancing. If anyone wishes to PM me with a fix, then I would be appreciative. Until then, I am thinking about burning another free swap to replace R&C with something else for the #WATCH category, or just drop it altogether as I don't know of any good games that would work. (R&C was in this slot as it was based off the movie rendition of the original game.) As of now, I am putting it in cold storage until this bug is fixed or I have confirmation that I have to do another run of the game form Start #1 and delete my save. ?

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I play games to "escape", not to remind myself of something that has already killed many innocent people.

I am so sorry. I never intended for this event to be negative. I know the Corona Virus has murdered over 15000 people world-wide. I just went to church today(a rare bird) and the priest lamented the death toll, but he said that we must have faith and accept healing.

If you feel that this event is evil because it was created by a pandemic, then you are free not to join. But please don't assume that this event is meant to remind people of how we're all in lockdown right now. I know a lot of people hate the lockdown and want the COVID-19 to go away, I do too because it's disrupted my routine and made me do things I don't like to do(like wear a mask whenever I go grocery shopping), but have faith, the virus will go away.

I am not forcing anyone to join this event, this was meant to be a support thread and if you feel offended by this event, then I apologize. I know I wasn't going to make many friends by basing the event on a channel talking about the lockdown. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

I ended up dropping the game pretty quick due to how boring the game felt.  I just couldn't get into it in the slightest & the story was extremely predictable up to wherever I made it. Plus I'm pretty sure I ended up figuring out the whole big plot they're working towards the entire game in the first 5 minutes it was introduced

Looking at your trophies, looks to be during chapter 3 and I sure don't blame you there with how many times you have to revisit the damn chuuni delusionscape in that chapter.  I was so sick of that one and the doll one later on.  Even the amount of backtracking required by the story was annoying as hell, but the amount needed for the plat is nearly unbearable.

I can say the story did get better and wasn't completely predictable.  There was some good stuff in there, but far more poor design choices that brought the game down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I am so sorry. I never intended for this event to be negative. I know the Corona Virus has murdered over 15000 people world-wide. I just went to church today(a rare bird) and the priest lamented the death toll, but he said that we must have faith and accept healing.

If you feel that this event is evil because it was created by a pandemic, then you are free not to join. But please don't assume that this event is meant to remind people of how we're all in lockdown right now. I know a lot of people hate the lockdown and want the COVID-19 to go away, I do too because it's disrupted my routine and made me do things I don't like to do(like wear a mask whenever I go grocery shopping), but have faith, the virus will go away.

I am not forcing anyone to join this event, this was meant to be a support thread and if you feel offended by this event, then I apologize. I know I wasn't going to make many friends by basing the event on a channel talking about the lockdown. :(

As like with millions of others, I've been forced to stay home. I lost my job and my college courses got canceled, in fact all of them got canceled. We need to hope for better things this summer.

I did not intend to bring self awareness on the issue because after all, these events were meant to have fun and maybe provide a little friendly competition. Nothing wrong with that. I don't mean to alarm people because frankly, we have enough to worry about.

I just won't be participating in it. I haven't been in a right state of mind for a while now, so it's best I keep my mind off of political news, health news and all that crap the media likes to feed on.

Best of luck to you. Sounds like a lot of people are enjoying this event, so I'll just leave this at that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Looking at your trophies, looks to be during chapter 3 and I sure don't blame you there with how many times you have to revisit the damn chuuni delusionscape in that chapter.  I was so sick of that one and the doll one later on.  Even the amount of backtracking required by the story was annoying as hell, but the amount needed for the plat is nearly unbearable.

I can say the story did get better and wasn't completely predictable.  There was some good stuff in there, but far more poor design choices that brought the game down.

Yeah I remember running through the Chuuni delusion so many times & it was down right annoying. I might give the game another go later on but I honestly doubt it. Also nothing gets more annoying then just hearing "EMBER'S EDGE, DO YOUR THANG, EMBER'S EDGE, DO YOUR THANG" whenever I decided to spam Ember's Edge at the start. Me & my friend literally memed that the entire time because of how annoying it was.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

As like with millions of others, I've been forced to stay home. I lost my job and my college courses got canceled, in fact all of them got canceled. We need to hope for better things this summer.

I just won't be participating in it. I haven't been in a right state of mind for a while now, so it's best I keep my mind off of political news, health news and all that crap the media likes to feed on.

Damn man, I hope shit works out for you when all this starts clearing up. The virus has disrupted all of our lives but some of us got it worse than others. I wish you the best of luck man & hope that you feel better soon. All us trophy hunters are with you brother!

• Like 1

I personally am enjoying this event as I am working from home, and after each day is done I settle down and game with my bf. My issue is I never know what game to play and I spend more time looking through my library than playing anything. This challenge has made it so I have goals to work towards and feel more productive with my time. Otherwise I feel like a rolling shit ball because my games are also how I escape and get away from all the bullpoop in the world right now. 

I also got a new gaming buddy cat named Frank. He is amazing and I love him so much already. He is certainly helping with not feeling like such a shit ball.

As for the event itself, I should be looking at getting the Jurassic World Evolution platinum in the next day or two. I just have one more mission and a few miscellaneous trophies to clean up. I'm hoping the database trophy happens naturally alongside them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I also got a new gaming buddy cat named Frank. He is amazing and I love him so much already. He is certainly helping with not feeling like such a shit ball.

I have a cat too, a blackie called Serena. She tries to be helpful by leaping on my table and sitting on my PS4. xD

Anyways, I have reiterated my list. I have to burn another free swap to replace the TRAVEL category. So instead of Ratchet and Clank, I'll be platinuming LEGO Marvel's Avengers for the PS4. (I played the Vita version and got stuck in one level so I noped out of that.) I know they are based off the MARVEL Avengers two-part movies(Avengers and Age of Ultron, as I have seen Age of Ultron in a theater) so they count for the normal challenge. It's also a long grind but at least the trophies aren't as punishing. (There are some collectible you have to be fast to collect and I tend to miss them a lot, but I will persevere. Will probably save that game for until after my 95th platinum so I can psyche myself up for the grind and long story mode of unskippable cutscenes.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot that my GETREADY challenge was Ultra and not normal as there is a trophy for unlocking all costumes for all characters.

New List:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U)
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (U)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U) (20 pts.)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) (20 pts.)
 WATCH: LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PS4) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N) (10 pts.)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Reverie (PS4) (N)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 3

Second game down. Death Mark was a half visual novel, half point and click adventure with weird spooky ghosts and some overly horny energy. Like you would be finding a ghost and then there was a naked anime girl covered in snakes up her buttcrack. it was weird.

#COOKWITHME - VA-11 HALL-A PS4

#DANCEWITHME - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 

#CRAFTWITHME - The Evil Within 2 

#HANGOUTWITHME - Jeopardy PS3 

#READWITHME - Death Mark PS4 :platinum:

#LEARNWITHME - X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged 

#GETREADYWITHME - Final Fantasy 7 Remake

#SOLVEWITHME - Thimbleweed Park 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Erica :platinum:

#BONDWITHME - LEGO Jurassic Park PS4

#WORKOUTWITHME - No Heroes Allowed VR

#FIGHTWITHME - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

#TRAVELWITHME - L.A. Noire PS4

#GAMEWITHME - Wasteland 2

• Like 4

On 4/28/2020 at 4:50 AM, SamSalsa411 said:

Update: Just got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Platinum, thus completing my challenge for #DANCESINGWITHME. For those wondering, I selected MW2 Campaign Remastered because of the amazing Hans Zimmer score. Also, here’s what I’ve completed thus far:

#DANCESINGWITHME - COD MW2 Campaign Remastered (4/28/2020)

#CRAFTWITHME Fallout Shelter [Ultra Challenge(4/26/2020)

#GAMEWITHME Zombi [Ultra Challange] (4/26/2020)

Here’s another update: Today I completed both Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Unleashed, and earlier this week I got an unrelated platinum so I’d like to post:

#HANGOUTWITHME - Star Wars Battlefront [Ultra Challenge] (5/4/2020)

#FIGHTWITHME Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [Ultra Challange] (5/4/2020)

Unrelated to Challenge: Pixar’s Up (5/1/2020)

May the 4th be with you!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SamSalsa411 said:

Here’s another update: Today I completed both Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Unleashed, and earlier this week I got an unrelated platinum so I’d like to post:

#HANGOUTWITHME - Star Wars Battlefront [Ultra Challenge] (5/4/2020)

#FIGHTWITHME Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [Ultra Challange] (5/4/2020)

Unrelated to Challenge: Pixar’s Up (5/1/2020)

May the 4th be with you!

2 Star Wars Platinum today... I see what you did there ? Good job !