STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

I tried my hardest to get a May the 4th plat too, but I failed by three minutes. Not like it has to do with Star Wars anyway.

? #COOKWITHME - Subnautica

? #DANCESINGWITHME - Guacamelee! 2

? #CRAFTWITHME - Resident Evil 2

? #HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 5

? #READWITHME - Zero Time Dilemma

? #LEARNWITHME -

? #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man (6/74 --> 13/74 - 11%)

? #SOLVEWITHME -

? #WATCHWITHME - The Walking Dead: Season 2

? #BONDWITHME - A Plague Tale: Innocence

? #WORKOUTWITHME - Degrees of Separation

☑️ #FIGHTWITHME - Demon's Souls (19/38 --> 38/38 - 100%) :platinum:

? #TRAVELWITHME - Plague Inc: Evolved (23/55 - 32%)

? #GAMEWITHME - Two Point Hospital (19/31 --> 23/31 - 77%)

• Like 2

Sadly, I didn't have the chance to try LEGO Star Wars for today, but I did platinum a nice travel adventure in an island off New Zealand! Yep, platinumed the PS4 version of Reverie as my 90th platinum. Well, it's better than some EZPZ job. I would have liked to put Ratchet and Clank on there but the game had to be removed as I had mentioned a bug in the game that means I have to delete my save and start all over and avoid collecting cards until I get all of the sets. :(

List Update:

9 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U)
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (U)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U) (20 pts.)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) (20 pts.)
 WATCH: LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PS4) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N) (10 pts.)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Reverie (PS4) (N) (10 pts.)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

• Like 2

Ok, I'm on the board! First plat Secret of Mana is done. I think it's a very fun game attached to an unfortunately grindy platinum. The endgame grinding was about half of my playtime. Glad it's done and ready to move on. Not sure what will be next - either the FFX-2 mystery dungeon or The Walking Dead I think. 

#COOKWITHME: Final Fantasy 15 (U)

#DANCESINGWITHME: Final Fantasy 8

#CRAFTWITHME: Dragon Quest Builders (Vita) (U)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Moving Out

#READWITHME: Detroit: Become Human (U)

#LEARNWITHME: Secret of Mana (Vita) (U)

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy X-2 (U)

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (U)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: The Walking Dead: The Final Season

#BONDWITHME: God of War (2018) (U)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Captain America: Super Soldier

#FIGHTWITHME: Final Fantasy Type-0

#TRAVELWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 (U)

#GAMEWITHME: God of War III (PS3)

Edited by sundrew
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, sundrew said:

First plat Secret of Mana is done. I think it's a very fun game attached to an unfortunately grindy platinum. The endgame grinding was about half of my playtime.

I definitely agree that both the original SNES Secret of Mana and the remake were both grindfests connected to magic. The only thing that kept the grinding from being a nightmare was that you could find places to restore your magic for free but it was still annoying. And you got it on Vita as well! The Vita version froze my handheld several times, forcing a hard reboot, so I'm glad you got through that version.

39 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

I definitely agree that both the original SNES Secret of Mana and the remake were both grindfests connected to magic. The only thing that kept the grinding from being a nightmare was that you could find places to restore your magic for free but it was still annoying. And you got it on Vita as well! The Vita version froze my handheld several times, forcing a hard reboot, so I'm glad you got through that version.

Haha the magic grind was bad, but I probably had some terrible luck as my endgame item grind was terrible. I had to grind the Wolf Lords for hours to get my final drops. I waited for the patches to make the Vita version playable and thankfully didn’t have any crashes! That would have made the whole experience unbearable.

8 hours ago, sundrew said:

Haha the magic grind was bad, but I probably had some terrible luck as my endgame item grind was terrible. I had to grind the Wolf Lords for hours to get my final drops. I waited for the patches to make the Vita version playable and thankfully didn’t have any crashes! That would have made the whole experience unbearable.

Didn't realize they patched the Vita version. I played the game as soon as it came out, lolz. xD

Well, good luck on your other games!

Just lurking (nice job, everyone!), but...

On 5/1/2020 at 3:33 PM, dadoudelidou said:

yeah just a mobile available here :(

And don't get me wrong, i like your list layout that's actually why i asked how to do the strikeout ?

You can type

[s] Game Title Goes Here [/s]

to cross things out, no button required. Think most BBcode works.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

The PS4 version wasn't much better about the freezing/crashing issues.  Though I thought that grinding for the items to level your weapons was far worse than grinding for magic.  In fact I was done with the magic grind before getting the last items to level my weapons.  To make matters worse, at one point I got one, went to go leave to save and the game crashed.  The game was just downright terrible at release, to the point that I was all too happy to trade it in and I almost never trade in games.

On 25/04/2020 at 11:28 PM, Upendo_Vitani said:

Cooking - Kingdom Hearts 3 (Ultra Challenge)

Dancing - Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Ultra Challenge)

Crafting - Bioshock (PS4) (Ultra Challenge) - :platinum:

Hangout - Wreckfest (Ultra Challenge) - :platinum:

Read - Danganronpa 2 (Ultra Challenge)

Learn - Assassin's Creed Origins (Alternative {Do these still count as Ultra Challenges?})

Get Ready - Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed (Ultra Challenge)

Solve - LA Noire (Alternative {Ultra Challenge?})

Stay Home and Watch - Jurassic World Evolution - :platinum:

Bond - Family Guy Back to the Multiverse (Ultra Challenge)

Workout - Persona 5 Royal 

Fight - Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Travel - Lego Marvel's Avengers (Ultra Challenge)

Game - Alice Madness Returns 

Got my third platinum: Jurassic world Evolution! Such a fun game and I am very proud of myself for platinuming a tycoon style game. Love them.

• Like 3

#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat :platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) (27%)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

Finally finished up Akiba's Beat and that's all I'm going to say since I already got all my venting out in regards to this terrible plat.

• Like 3

Good luck on the rest of your games, ladynadiad! I'm sure they are a lot better than Akiba's Beat. ^_^

Me, I'm starting a platinum of the original FF7. Maybe later in the year, once COVID-19 has gone to bed and this event is winding down, I might try to plat the remake since I don't think I can handle Hard Mode in that title, though it looks pretty cool. The fact that you can't use items and have a limited mana pool (since you can't restore MP from resting) is going to break my soul if I try this. Not to mention having to get all nine dresses. But I'll decide on that bridge when I get to it. Just left Midgar in the original and the game is understandably cool, especially with the cheat buttons.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

Okay well, I manage to get 1 game done so far! That being The Wolf Among Us! Was a really good game and i'm glad I finally played it after all this time. Looking forward to the eventual second game.

#COOKWITHME: Persona 5

#DANCEWITHME: Taiko no Tatsujin V Version

#CRAFTWITHME: Dead Rising 2

#HANGOUTWITHME: Need for Speed Payback

#READWITHME: The Wolf Among Us

#LEARNWITHME: Control

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy VII Remake

#SOLVEWITHME: Death Squared

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Everybody's Golf

#BONDWITHME: God Of War[2018]

#WORKOUTWITHME: The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival Edition

#FIGHTWITHME: Granblue Fantasy Versus

#TRAVELWITHME: Watch Dogs 2

#GAMEWITHME: Helldivers

I've been slowly working through Taiko as well, but Oni difficulty is going to take me some time since it is pretty damn difficult. But I think i'll manage. Don't know what i'm gonna do next from this list, i've been going at just a bunch of random games lately so we will see.

• Like 3

Now that I got the two modes in Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi I had problems with in the past over with, I use one of my free swaps to add Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi, my plan is to plat it before my trophy count hit 10,000 or Over 9000 which is likely to happen soon.

1. #COOKWITHME: Tales of Xillia 2
  2. #DANCESINGWITHME: VVVtune
  3. #CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed Revelations
  4. #HANGOUTWITHME: Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
  5. #READWITHME: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen
  6. #LEARNWITHME: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  7. #GETREADYWITHME: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
  8. #SOLVEWITHME: Persona 4 Golden
  9. #STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  10. #BONDWITHME: Jump Force
  11. #WORKOUTWITHME: New Sakura Wars
  12. #FIGHTWITHME: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
  13. #TRAVELWITHME: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  14. #GAMEWITHME: Valkyria Chronicles
  • Like 3

Another update, 5 categories cleared:

1f532.png COOKWITHME: Punchline Cocking features & Scenes are present

1f532.png DANCESINGWITHME: UR FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Dancing Queen Trophy

2611.png CRAFTWITHME: UR BIOSHOCK - Avid Inventor Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png HANGOUTWITHME: UR FAR CRY 4 Community Surprise Trophy

1f532.png READWITHME: UR DEATH MARK trophies for acquiring all ends

☑️ LEARNWITHME: UR KNACK 2 Incredible Power! Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png GETREADYWITHME: SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS 

2611.png SOLVEWITHME: Bioshock 2 Master Hacker :platinum:

1f532.png STAYHOMEANDWATCH: ALIEN: ISOLATION

1f532.png BONDWITHME: UR AZUR LANE: CROSSWAVE  playable sisters  

☑️ WORKOUTWITHME: SLY COOPER AND THE THIEVIUS RACCOONUS :platinum:

2611.png FIGHTWITHME: WAR THEATRE: BLOOD OF WINTER Mega-Kill Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png TRAVELWITHME: UR ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Map Maker Trophy

1f532.png GAMEWITHME: UR RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 The Never-Ending Nightmare Trophy 

Man, I'm no longer proficient with platformers as I used to be, maybe it is an age thing, but I will try to avoid this genre from now on.

• Like 2

#COOKWITHME: Persona 4 Golden 37/50

#DANCESINGWITHME: Superbeat Xonic

#CRAFTWITHME: The Last of Us: Remastered (Relevant Trophy: Let’s Gear Up)  

#HANGOUTWITHME: N++ (Relevant Trophies: Good Times, Rocket Murder Time, , Co-operation makes it happen)     :platinum:

#READWITHME: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Relevant Trophy: Don’t Forget your Towel)

#LEARNWITHME: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Relevant Trophy: Feel the Force)

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy VII Remake

#SOLVEWITHME: The Witness

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Everybody’s Golf (8/10 PSNProfiles)

#BONDWITHME: Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel

#WORKOUTWITHME: Rez Infinite (VR)

#FIGHTWITHME: J Star Victory Vs+

#TRAVELWITHME: Ni No Kuni

#GAMEWITHME: Tetris Effect

Small update.  I'm most of the way through my initial Playthrough of Persona 4, and I am really enjoying it.  Just finished what may or may not be the final dungeon, considering I just crossed into January and there are still 3 in-game months to go...  I have tomorrow and the weekend off, so hopefully I can finish this over that time.  :) 

Minor Spoiler

Spoiler

Naoto is easily best girl! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, hope everything goes well for you fellow Platinum chasers ?

I'd like to use my first free swap today. I'd like to trade God of War for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the #Bondwithme ULTRA. What a better bond than Ezio and Desmond, they share the same DNA and you play them both ?

On terms of progress, im at 85% completion for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2... And this game sucks... I'm a big fan of Lego games, this one is my 7th or 8th plat i think between my 2 profiles and it is by far the least enjoyable. Tons of bugs, glitches and crashes that make you repeat over and over again the same missions. And in terms of level design, i think it is the weakest so far. I do not enjoy it but in à few hours it should be over with.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dadoudelidou said:

On terms of progress, im at 85% completion for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2... And this game sucks... I'm a big fan of Lego games, this one is my 7th or 8th plat i think between my 2 profiles and it is by far the least enjoyable. Tons of bugs, glitches and crashes that make you repeat over and over again the same missions. And in terms of level design, i think it is the weakest so far. I do not enjoy it but in à few hours it should be over with.. 

Never experienced any bugs with this game when I platinumed it on an older account but I agree it's the most inane game ever - so many sidequests and races. The only fun thing about it was the character creator - you could create your character's origin story! ^_^

• Like 2

MMO Tea Time

18L831417.png

Alright, I completed Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online first for this event. I did complete the game over a week ago but didn't write an update until now because I didn't have any liquid courage on hand. I solved that problem for a little while, hopefully.

I'm done with the businessy part of the update. The rest of the paragraphs are just me talking about a game you probably don't care about. I usually say the game is some level of good, complain about everything I don't like, talk about some dumb thing I did in the game, sprinkle in a few unfunny jokes and call it day. You have my permission to skip the rest. For this update and all the future ones.

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online is a game where the main characters from the Neptunia series play a MMO together. It's a case of game-ception where you play the game that the characters are playing. Anyway, you control everyone's in game self that looks exactly like them (well Blanc did give her character slightly bigger breasts, supposedly) but in different clothes. The story of the game inside the game is about collecting 4 sacred treasures to awake 4 goddesses from their slumber to fight the Demon King or something. Well the story gets derailed in the middle because a little brat was jelly of your guilds raditude. She buys a cheat tool from a shady character to win but the cheat tool gets a mind of it's own and almost destroys the game. The cheat tool was created by a former game developer who blames 4 Goddesses Online as the reason for her own MMO dying, completely. That story is more interesting then the story of the game within the game. You don't really play Neptunia games for the plot; you play them to hear funny jokes that are slightly related to games and to have the characters talk about random stuff. There is plenty of that in there too.

Vert has a series of cutscenes where she shares her encyclopaedic knowledge of tea. I would say I learned stuff about leaf water but I don't remember anything. The knowledge would be useless to me anyway since I have cat's tongue so I can't enjoy hot drinks.

So the gameplay is kind of Dark Souls but it's for babies. It's a action RPG where you dodge, attack, use skills/magic, block and dodge. You have a party of 4 characters; 3 are controlled AI that is only good at healing and making you look good by compassion. Whatever character you decide to control will have to carry the the party to victory. I controlled Uni for 96% of my playthrough since bringing guns to a medieval fantasy seemed like a wonderful idea. I raised Uni's attack as high as possible and used equipment that gave her higher attack in exchange for lowering her defense. Uni's defense was 0 and I could still take a hit or three from end game bosses. The game's difficulty comes from the bosses being damage sponges.

The game tries it's best to look like a MMO without being a MMO. There is a little activity long in one of the bottom coners and the dungeons feel a bit like an MMO. There is online play but it's exclusive to select quests and nobody was online to play with. 

The trophy list was simple to complete. There are no really difficult trophies in the game. That worst ones are grinding every character to level 50-60 so they learn all their skills and the one for completing every quest. It took about an hour to level everyone to the point where they learned all their skills. Clearing all the quests is a chore though. Most of them are going to a dungeon to kill X amount of a species of monster or killing a boss. Killing bosses gets kind of dull since a lot of the bosses are palette swaps of previous bosses with more HP, especially once you get to the post game.

Since I played this game for the #BondWithMe category, I will explain why the game counts, again. Neptune & Nepgear are sisters. Noire & Uni are sisters. Blanc, Rom and Ram are sisters (Rom & Ram are also twins). Vert is still doesn't get a little sister but she will fill her head with delusions of any slightly viable candidate being her little sister (at least temporarily). All of the above characters are fully playable and you have the option to swap between any of them any time during battle (like Dragon Age or Final Fantasy VIi Re;Birth1).

You may be wondering what I hid in the spoiler tag. Is it Harry Potter spoilers? Is it a funny YouTube video? Is it the ending of The Last of Us 2? It's nothing too exciting, just the list of most the games I'll probably play at some point for this event. It's in a spoiler so it takes slightly less time to scroll past my updates. Sometimes the spoiler tags don't work for reasons and that's okay. I'll probably never bother to fix it but the one in my next update (that will arrive randomly and will be late to some degree) will probably work. The list will always be in the last spoiler tag. I promise to never do anything underhanded with the spoiler tag or put Harry Potter spoilers in there. It would be very hard for me to put Harry Potter spoilers in since I haven't seen the movies or read the books.

Oh, I did change the names of the categories slightly. I have no practical reason for it, I just felt like it. The games that are finished are marked in green. I hope you understand how the spoiler tag works, because I'm not taking two paragraphs to explain them again. Having to write 2 paragraphs explaining the spoiler tag negates the purpose of the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

#Cooking - Runefactory: Tides of Destiny

#HeavenlySoundtrack - Persona 5 Royal

#DuctTapingTwoThingsTogetherToMakeANewThing - Megadimension Neptunia VII

#VirtualFriendship - Persona 4 Golden

#ReadingIsFun? - London Detective Mysteria

#GettingLessStupid(Hopefully) - The Princess Guide

#Fashion - School Girl/Zombie Hunter

#Puzzles - Infinifactory

#WatchingTelevisionPrograms - My Witch Academia: Chamber of Time

#FamilyTime - Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

#ExerciseYourselfOrWatchGameCharactersExsercise- Valkyria Revolution

#WhyAreWeFighting? - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel

#SaveCommercialAirlines - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

#PlayAnything - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuroraHistoire said:

The rest of the paragraphs are just me talking about a game you probably don't care about.

I played Cyberdimension a while back on an older account but I deleted that account so the game is lost. Still, I might try it again someday. It was a really good action RPG with a bunch of skits in between.

1 hour ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Oh, I did change the names of the categories slightly. I have no practical reason for it, I just felt like it

I have nothing against you changing #CRAFTWITHME to #TapingTwoThingsTogetherWithDuctTape. xD

Sadly, by the time I thought about using my last free swap to put in FF7, it was already platinumed. I was really worried that it would take forever, but the in-game cheats make most battles a joke(except for Ruby Weapon; screw Ruby, I didn't use the Hades summon trick to stop him from attacking and he kept attacking Yuffie who was forced to spam All Creation to survive X() and the squicky Bromance trophy wasn't as bad as I had thought. Also, I lost 65000 battle points because triple speed running dashed Cloud out of Battle Square and he lost 65000 battle points which I had to regrind which sucks as the Battle Arena is a jerk. I had my Ribbon break ten times. :( (To be fair, I needed that W-Summon materia.)

Oh well, going to break and then boot up Dragon Quest Builders 2 at long last. It'll be fresh to listen to clean Dragon Quest music instead of Final Fantasy stuff.

• Like 1

Somebody should notify Two Point Hospital's family because I just put that game on life support.

? #COOKWITHME - Subnautica

? #DANCESINGWITHME - Guacamelee! 2

? #CRAFTWITHME - Resident Evil 2

? #HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 5

? #READWITHME - Zero Time Dilemma

? #LEARNWITHME -

? #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man (13/74 - 11%)

? #SOLVEWITHME -

? #WATCHWITHME - The Walking Dead: Season 2 (8/40 - 27%)

? #BONDWITHME - A Plague Tale: Innocence

? #WORKOUTWITHME - Degrees of Separation

☑️ #FIGHTWITHME - Demon's Souls :platinum:

? #TRAVELWITHME - Plague Inc: Evolved (23/55 - 32%)

☑️ #GAMEWITHME - Two Point Hospital (23/31 --> 31/31 - 100%) :platinum:

I like how the last level took me longer to beat than some of these games will to platinum.

• Like 1

1L14aa79.png

Complete Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. Excellent game, I was afraid I wasn't going to like it since I thought Sly 2 wasn't that good but I was proven wrong, I loved this game even with some of the glitches (mainly due to the poor port made to the PS3).