STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

Updated everyone :)

As for my own progress, I've started a lot of the games but finished....uh, zero. >_<

• #Cook - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 74%
  • #Dance/Sing - Yakuza Kiwami - 0%
  • #Craft - Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 98% (just need to finish on the hardest difficulty)
  • #HangOut - 3on3 Freestyle - 17%
  • #Read - Steins;Gate - 53%
  • #Learn - Batman: Arkham Origins - 19%
  • #GetReady - Marvel's Spider-Man - 0%
  • #Solve - Catherine - 0%
  • #Watch - Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time - 0%
  • #Bond - Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz - 0%
  • #WorkOut - Final Fantasy VII Remake - 40%
  • #Fight - Brawlhalla - 61%
  • #Travel - Mad Max - 0%
  • #Game - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - 57%

I'll likely finish my first game of the event tomorrow (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) but we'll see. I've only got a few encounters left (though really, the platforming has been causing me more deaths than the enemy encounters), but it's annoying to be reset to the last campfire every time I die. Not looking forward to the final boss with no checkpoints, I imagine that will take me a while...

Will post more detailed thoughts on games as I complete them. But for now I'm loving both Tomb Raider and Steins;Gate, which is the two I've been focussing on since the event started :) Need to get back to FF7R after I finish Tomb Raider, then will be doing Spider-Man next which I'm looking forward to, been meaning to play that ever since it released.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, Rune_Crys said:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U) [0% unstarted]
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U) [0% unstarted]
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U) [1% - 1 / 31]
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U) [0% understarted]
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (U) [4% - 3 / 59]
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U) (20 pts.)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) (20 pts.)
 WATCH: LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PS4) (N) [0% unstarted]
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N) (10 pts.)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N) [0% unstarted]
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N) [0% unstarted]
 TRAVEL: Reverie (PS4) (N) (10 pts.)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U) [0% unstarted]

So I am going to try to put in percentage progress so you know I am doing these games. I just strated DQB2 as it is going to be my 100th platinum. I will be working on other games but I am going to spend time every day playing DQB2 until I get the platinum. And heck, I named by Builder Corona...

*sees Spaz sharpening his knives*

Uh... after the beer! Yeeeeah, after an boozy drink. Not after any disease... *gulps as he realized that Corona's Buildertopia will be covered in disease* Uh... ignore her, she is going through a phase, yeah... *GULP!* ?

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 2

#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat :platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) (55%)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

Made some awesome progress in Nier.  Beat the game and got ending A and also netted myself some of those boss speedrun trophies as well because I chilled so much and did sidequests that I ended up overleveled apparently.  I'm right before the final area in my second run but decided to chill for a bit and start the grind for forging master and gardening for legendary gardener.  The latter is especially fun because I'm very insistent on not turning my clock ahead like the trophy guide recommends   While I know very well my trophies will still have the correct timestamps even if I do, it's more a matter of principle.  So gotta wait for my current stash of flowers to wilt sometime tomorrow so I can grab seeds and hopefully only will need to plant the field two more times.  Still a bit baffled how I got a peach flower in my blue and gold flower line (that's supposed to combine to indigo, not peach), but hey whatever game.

Anyway, once I get my white moonflower I'll go and beat the game and get ending B.  Then it's just a matter of wrapping up the forging master grind and getting the last of the boss speedrun trophies I missed and then I can go get endings C and D.  Then all that remains is the speedrun of the whole game on a fresh file.

• Like 1

#COOKWITHME: Overcooked 2 (PS4) - such an obvious entry for this category I didn't even consider it lol

:platinum:#DANCESINGWITHME: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)

#CRAFTWITHME: Control (PS4)

:platinum:#HANGOUTWITHME: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)

#READWITHME: Zero Time Dilemma (PS4)

:platinum:#LEARNWITHME: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

#SOLVEWITHME: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (PS4)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Late Shift (PS4)

#BONDWITHME: The Sims 4 (PS4) - should be in the correct category this time

#WORKOUTWITHME: Surgeon Simulator - Experience Reality (PSVR)

#FIGHTWITHME: Guacamelee! (PS3)

#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands (PS4)

#GAMEWITHME: Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

Third game off the list with Sly 2's platinum! Now my focus will mainly be on Final Fantasy VII Remake (and in the meantime I'll try to finish the remaining Sly games on the PS3), I managed to play through chapter one yesterday and OH MY it is so cool!

• Like 2

Time for my first swap! I'd like to move Subnautica from #COOK to #CRAFT. For two reasons. First, I didn't realize crafting was such a big part of the game. Second, there's a "Freedom" mode, where you can still get all the trophies but you don't have to worry about food or water. Since I opted to do that, it seems silly to keep it in the #COOK category. It still fits the UC for #CRAFT since basically every trophy requires crafting something.

Unfortunately, that does mean dropping Resident Evil 2. It doesn't fit in any of my blank categories, but maybe I'll use another swap later down the line.

• Like 1

So Spiderman is about done, but I realized I had spent my stupid challenge tokens on gadget upgrades I'm never gonna use, so I'm gonna run through the DLC to get more and unlock the last few suits.

Also chipping away at Crash Team Racing before I start Final Fantasy 9 later this week.  

For those who haven't played Spiderman, it's really good, but 100 each district gets a bit tedious towards the end.  Good story though.

Ok got one down.

#GetReadyWithMe - Spiderman - Complete!

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 2

5th game completed ! 

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is done ? i have to say that i disliked it at first ( OK the first 45 hours of 60..) but at the end... Well i had a lot of fun with its open world, roaming around poppin sweet tunes with my cassette player making NPC dancin' ( Star Lord's the best). I never had a change of mind that late in a game. 

Next on the list, i FINALLY attempt Platinumin' Assasins Creed Brotherhood, its been 3 years it's sitting at 80% completion and i will find the courage to finish it. The story is fantastic but the controls haven't aged well so the 100% memory synch can be infuriating at times, i still cannot beleive that game as a 30% + Platinum percentage here. In my opinion, it is way harder than AC II, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey. 

#dancesing : FFVIII 
#Craft : Deponia 2 (ultra) 
#hangout : Bortherlands 3 (ultra) 
#StayHomeandWatch: Spyro 3 
#learn : Gravity Rush 2 ( ultra ) 
#Bond : AC Brotherhood (ultra) 
#Fight : Days Gone 
#Travel : Watchdog 2 (ultra) 
#Game : Farming Simulator 19

Games completed :
#Solve : Lego Marvel Super Héros 2 
#getready: Assasins Creed Syndicate
#Stayhome : AC Freedom Cry ( 5 points) 
#cook : Overcooked 2 (ultra) 
#workout : FarCry New Dawn 

• Like 2

My second game is done with The Walking Dead: The Final Season! Really enjoyed seeing Clem's story come to an end, but not the new "actiony" elements they tried to add to the gameplay. Excited to see what the newer Telltale games look like (like The Wolf Among Us 2) when they come back under new ownership. I think I'm moving onto FFX-2's mystery dungeon next.

#COOKWITHME: Final Fantasy 15 (U)

#DANCESINGWITHME: Final Fantasy 8

#CRAFTWITHME: Dragon Quest Builders (Vita) (U)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Moving Out

#READWITHME: Detroit: Become Human (U)

#LEARNWITHME: Secret of Mana (Vita) (U) :platinum:

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy X-2 (U)

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (U)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: The Walking Dead: The Final Season :platinum:

#BONDWITHME: God of War (2018) (U)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Captain America: Super Soldier

#FIGHTWITHME: Final Fantasy Type-0

#TRAVELWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 (U)

#GAMEWITHME: God of War III (PS3)

• Like 3

On 10/05/2020 at 8:11 PM, Rune_Crys said:

So I am going to try to put in percentage progress so you know I am doing these games. I just strated DQB2 as it is going to be my 100th platinum. I will be working on other games but I am going to spend time every day playing DQB2 until I get the platinum. And heck, I named by Builder Corona...

I think that is a great idea with DQB2. I look forward to reading your thoughts as you go. I made it to the second "world" if you like and sort of dropped off. It is a long game and grindy but I enjoyed it alot more than the first one.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do much on my list this week. I just got into Final Fantasy VIII Remastered and, like with FF7, I am intending to get the platinum before I move on. I am almost finished with "Disk 1" so it will be a while, especially since I tend to spend hours grinding for AP for my Guardian Forces. :P

Bit late but from my understanding I can join until the 15th May as long as I have a list ready, so here goes:

#COOKWITHME: Only game I have for this theme is Overcooked 2. 0/55 trophies.

#DANCESINGWITHME: Someone above said Grand theft auto: San Andreas counted, which I have been meaning to play so I'm going to borrow that. 1/33 trophies.

#CRAFTWITHME: Tough choice between a game I have wanted to play for a long time (The last of us remastered) and a game I've just got and really want to play (Stranded deep).

I think I will go with The last of us but this maybe one of my free changes when I figure out which game I can actually complete. 0/50 trophies.

#HANGOUTWITHME: I'm having a hard time with this one. I have Tom Clancy's the division 2 and I'm really enjoying it, just don't think I have the skill to get the platinum. This may have to change. 6/43 trophies.

#READWITHME: I don't think I own a game for this category, so any suggestions (That aren't to expensive) would be welcomed.

#LEARNWITHME: Horizon zero dawn. 0/56 trophies.

#GETREADYWITHME: Marvel's Spiderman. 0/51 trophies. Might also complete extras 0/74 trophies.

#SOLVEWITHME: I enjoy puzzle games so I have a few choices. I own all the Powgi games, so I think I will go with Word wheel by Powgi. 1/33 trophies.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: I really have no idea, sports games are not my thing, but it seems stupid to just have one theme without the ultra. I suppose it depends if I can get the ultra's on the other games if not I will have a few options if I do I may need to through my game list and see what I can be bothered with.

#BONDWITHME: The Sims 4. I'm to used to playing this on the PC so just need to get a handle on the controls. 5/51 trophies.

#WORKOUTWITHME: I'm probably going to regret this but Skyrim VR. 19/76 trophies. 

#FIGHTWITHME: Sleeping dogs definitive edition. 0/60 trophies.

#TRAVELWITHME: Tough choice between L.A Noire and Witcher 3, both are quite long games and both I would enjoy. I'm going to put down L.A Noire as my first choice but that is subject to change down the line. 1/63 trophies.

#GAMEWITHME: I've been wanting to play Cities: Skylines for a while but think it will be a long struggle, so keep putting it off this gives me the perfect excuse. It at 2.87% at time of posting

1/37 for main trophies or 1/104 for all trophies.

I think all games are ultra except the two I don't have an answer for yet.

Ok that should take me a while all games are for PS4 and are EU versions. I will post progress updates every Monday and pop by to offer encouragement when I can. Wish me luck.

And well done to all those who have already got their first games completed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, clairelifelistjo said:

Oh good and thank you for the welcome.1f600.png

Hi! Sorry I haven't updated the list to add you but I have been so busy killing Malboros and finally got the FFVIII platinum as my 100th. I think I will plan up a marathon of just relaxing Dragon Quest building to detox. xD Anyways, welcome and enjoy the event, clairlifelistjo.

And as for the Sims 4 on PS4, well, I had a bit of trouble with the controls at first but once I got used to them, I was able to get the platinum with some sneaky Gallery additions. :)

12 hours ago, clairelifelistjo said:

I've been wanting to play Cities: Skylines for a while but think it will be a long struggle

Cassy! I think someone needs some encouragement from an expert on this game! xD

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

No problem, happy to take part. Well done on the Final Fantasy, have to admit I've never played any of those.

Also BIG congrats on 100 platinum's, that's amazing!

Controls for the Sims are not to bad, they are quite intuitive which helps, I used the gallery for the triplets as there is no way I'm waiting around for that but I am trying to complete the rest of the game without the gallery but we will see how long my patience lasts ?

As for skylines I will need all the encouragement I can get, luckily I do like simulations.?

P.s feel free to shorten my name to just Claire.

7 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

Cassy! I think someone needs some encouragement from an expert on this game! xD

Run. Run far away.

Nah, I like Cities: Skylines. Just keep in mind the DLC is overpriced and has some really awful trophies.

So, time for another swap. Only this one doesn't count as a swap because it's a 100% game. I'm going to move TWD: Season 2 from #WATCH to #DANCE because (a) the soundtrack is really good, and (b) I'm kinda hooked on this series now, so I want to play the sequel.

1f532.png #COOKWITHME - 

2611.png #DANCESINGWITHME - The Walking Dead: Season 2 (40/40 - 100%) ?

1f532.png #CRAFTWITHME - Subnautica (9/18 - 36%) 

1f532.png #HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 5

1f532.png #READWITHME - Zero Time Dilemma ⭐

1f532.png #LEARNWITHME -

1f532.png #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man (13/74 - 11%) ⭐

1f532.png #SOLVEWITHME -

1f532.png #WATCHWITHME - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

1f532.png #BONDWITHME - A Plague Tale: Innocence ⭐

1f532.png #WORKOUTWITHME - Degrees of Separation

2611.png #FIGHTWITHME - Demon's Souls :platinum:

1f532.png #TRAVELWITHME - Plague Inc: Evolved (23/55 - 32%)

2611.png #GAMEWITHME - Two Point Hospital :platinum: ⭐

Sorry, Guac 2. There just ain't enough room for you.

Stars are UCs.

• Like 1

Now my trophy count is Over 9000!

Also I only miss to grind for certain ways to defeat enemies in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed but it's only the ones I can do as Darth Vader.

1. #COOKWITHME: Tales of Xillia 2
  2. #DANCESINGWITHME: VVVtune
  3. #CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed Revelations
  4. #HANGOUTWITHME: Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
  5. #READWITHME: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen
  6. #LEARNWITHME: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  7. #GETREADYWITHME: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
  8. #SOLVEWITHME: Persona 4 Golden
  9. #STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  10. #BONDWITHME: Jump Force
  11. #WORKOUTWITHME: New Sakura Wars
  12. #FIGHTWITHME: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi :platinum:
  13. #TRAVELWITHME: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  14. #GAMEWITHME: Valkyria Chronicles
  • Like 1

My first game is done

#workoutwithme - Hex tunnel

This is the quickest game on my list as I thought I'd better get one on the board. I'm in a couple of other events and I'm foolishly doing different games for each one so I wont be racing through these ones. To top it off I've been playing walking dead vr mostly this week which isn't on any of my lists.

Finally finished a second game.

#BONDWITHME  - God of War PS4. Here are my updated stats.

I really wanted to like this game but it is just a weak God of War game. If this wasn't God of War and just some new IP I probably would have liked it better but there was just so much that was watered down that made God of War fun :( Oh and those collectibles...those can fuck right off.

#COOKWITHME: Ultra Challenge: TV Superstars 37/51 trophies 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight :platinum:

#CRAFTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Bioshock  -PS4 0/66 trophies 

#HANGOUTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Zombie Tycoon 2 20/37 trophies 

#READWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Steins;Gate - PS3 8/42 trophies

#LEARNWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Mass Effect 2 48/55 trophies

#GETREADYWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom 10/42 trophies 

#SOLVEWITHME: Ultra Challenge Master Reboot 4/21 trophies

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Ultra Challenge: UFC 2009 Undisputed 8/31 trophies

#BONDWITHME: Ultra Challenge: God of War[2018] :platinum:

#WORKOUTWITHME: Alternative Ultra Challenge: MiCoach 8/26 trophies

#FIGHTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Shenmue 6/29 trophies

#TRAVELWITHME:Ultra Challenge: Nier Automata 0/48 trophies 

#GAMEWITHME: Ultra Challenge:  Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland %4.66 - Ultra Rare 5/21 trophies

• Like 2

Game #6 completed ! ?

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (#Bond / ultra ) after.... 3 years 1 month !!!!!!  Took a long enough time, the story was fantastic but the clunky controls discouraged me in 2017.. So i decided with the Covid to save money and take this time to complete and Plat some games that were sitting unfinished. I deleted my initial save, started again and 11 days after i got the shiny Plat, I'm pretty proud of myself on this one. 

Next challenge Gravity Rush 2, the game / artstyle / music are FANTASTIC so far, the only thing is that after an hour or so, i get motion sickness from it.... So it might take à while before i get to the end... 

#dancesing : FFVIII 
#Craft : Deponia 2 (ultra) 
#hangout : Bortherlands 3 (ultra) 
#StayHomeandWatch: Spyro 3 
#learn : Gravity Rush 2 ( ultra ) 
#Fight : Days Gone 
#Travel : Watchdog 2 (ultra) 
#Game : Farming Simulator 19

Games completed :
#Bond : AC Brotherhood (ultra)
#Solve : Lego Marvel Super Héros 2 
#getready: Assasins Creed Syndicate
#Stayhome : AC Freedom Cry ( 5 points) 
#cook : Overcooked 2 (ultra) 
#workout : FarCry New Dawn 

Edited by dadoudelidou
Grammar...

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

So, time for another swap. Only this one doesn't count as a swap because it's a 100% game. I'm going to move TWD: Season 2 from #WATCH to #DANCE because (a) the soundtrack is really good, and (b) I'm kinda hooked on this series now, so I want to play the sequel.

Sorry, Guac 2. There just ain't enough room for you.

Stars are UCs.

Okay, I'm really confused at how to treat your list xD

According to the first post, 100%s don't count as category completions and only count as bonus games, I think? @Rune_Crys can you clarify?

So I gave you 5 bonus points for the completion, and didn't add it as a new swap since the first post says swaps of 100% don't count. But I left Guacamelee in the category in case you want to complete it for that category in the future, so you don't use your swap?

I think that was the right way to treat it but someone please correct me if that was wrong and I'll fix it!

Updated everyone else until this point :)

As for my own list, I've completed my first two games of the event!

• #Cook - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 74%
  • #Dance/Sing - Yakuza Kiwami - 0%
  • #Craft - Shadow of the Tomb Raider :platinum:
  • #HangOut - 3on3 Freestyle - 17% > 29%
  • #Read - Steins;Gate :platinum:
  • #Learn - Batman: Arkham Origins - 19%
  • #GetReady - Marvel's Spider-Man - 0%
  • #Solve - Catherine - 0%
  • #Watch - Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time - 0%
  • #Bond - Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz - 0%
  • #WorkOut - Final Fantasy VII Remake - 40%
  • #Fight - Brawlhalla - 61% > 71%
  • #Travel - Mad Max - 0%
  • #Game - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - 57% > 62%

I really enjoyed both of the games!

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one of the games I've enjoyed most in the last couple of months. I love the Tomb Raider games and even though everyone said Shadow was awful compared to the rest, I had a really good time with it. Sure, it's nothing groundbreaking or anything but I thought it was more or less equal to Rise. The story is a bit worse (though reading the documents adds some depth to it), but the villain is a lot better. More importantly, there's more challenge tombs (because I played with the DLC) and the crypts are more interesting than in Rise. Those are the main things I play Tomb Raider for so for me it was great. There are a lot less combat encounters in this game though, and more focus on environment traversal, but honestly that's the way I prefer it. Though I guess if you enjoy the combat it's probably not as good for you.

Steins;Gate was amazing. That's all I really have to say. It starts off with a lot of exposition and the main character starts off really unlikeable, but the further you get in the game the better it gets, and by the end I was fully invested in the story and the characters. Would highly recommend this game if you enjoy VNs and haven't played it yet! It's actually the first proper VN I've played, but I'm now eagerly seeking out more that are of equal quality to this one as no other game genre has drawn me in quite as much as this. If anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears (well, eyes, because this is a forum and I read replies instead of listen to them, but w/e)!

Also gone back to Disgaea 3 now and think I've worked out a plan to finish it. There's just so much to the game and I've never played a Disgaea game before that it was overwhelming to me xDBrawlhalla is also progressing...slowly. Got like 45/100k gold. All the other trophies will come by the time I finally achieve the gold. And 3on3 Freestyle is just a matter of time (a lot of time), but I haven't played it a whole lot. Not worried about the trophies though as they'll all come with playing.

Back to FF7R now and I'll finish that up, then next comes Spider-Man!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Okay, I'm really confused at how to treat your list xD

According to the first post, 100%s don't count as category completions and only count as bonus games, I think? @Rune_Crys can you clarify?

So I gave you 5 bonus points for the completion, and didn't add it as a new swap since the first post says swaps of 100% don't count. But I left Guacamelee in the category in case you want to complete it for that category in the future, so you don't use your swap?

I think that was the right way to treat it but someone please correct me if that was wrong and I'll fix it!

GAAAAAAASP.

OK, no big. I'll just drop TWD: Season 2 from the event and replace it with TWD: A New Frontier (under #WATCH), since that one does have a platinum. I guess Degrees of Separation has to go too. Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement for #WORKOUT.