STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

Well I wasn't going to join since I really want to play the Mass Effect series soon and that may take a while...however no end date takes that stress away and I have nothing else going on...plus this is a fun idea so count me in! I need to check my backlog to see which themes I can tackle so will post my games later. Just out of curiosity...do you think that the pull up/squat challenge in FF7R would count as a rhythm mini game? I could make an argument for either side....but that will be one of the more challenging themes for me to hit so if you think it does, I'll probably use that game there.

Thanks for hosting!

/edit just had an lol at my own stupidity ... i read #DANCESINGWITHME as Dancesing with me like Gollum was saying it and not dance sing with me as it is supposed to be...was going to ask if a LOTR game would count ?

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

Okay here's my list. Anything that doesn't fit then let me know. All of these are for the ultra challenges.

#COOKWITHME - Final fantasy xv (cooking mini game) ULTRA

#DANCEWITHME - GTA San Andreas (has a rhythm/dancing mission) ULTRA

#CRAFTWITHME - Dragon age origins (has a trophy for crafting an item) ULTRA 

#HANGOUTWITHME - Borderlands PS3 (Has online trophies) ULTRA

#READWITHME - one night stand EU (need to see all endings) ULTRA

#LEARNWITHME - Prince of persia forgotten sands (need to unlock all skills on tree for a trophy) ULTRA

#GETREADYWITHME - Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 (unlock all character variations wearing different outfits) ULTRA

#SOLVEWITHME - Word sudoku by powgi (just solving puzzles) ULTRA

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - WWE smackdown vs raw 2010 (ultra difficult? Sports game) ULTRA

#BONDWITHME - Harry potter deathly hallows part 2 (can play as many different Weasleys and Harry is an honorary Weasley) ULTRA 

#WORKOUTWITHME - Hex tunnel NA (VR game) ULTRA

#FIGHTWITHME - Streets of rage 4 (side scrolling beat 'em up) ULTRA

#TRAVELWITHME - Assassin's creed 4 PS3 (massive open world) ULTRA

#GAMEWITHME - Batman: Arkham city PS3 (Ultra rare plat) ULTRA

• Like 1

@Rune_Crys @Kristycism I am making a couple changes and a couple of additions to my list. I am trying real hard to find games that I can clear off my trophy backlog over adding more on...

Changes:

#CRAFTWITHME: Fallout 4 (PS4) - There are trophies for crafting items, weapon mods, and workshop items. More items to craft as well. This will give me a reason to finish this game up that I started...

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (PS4) - One big whodunnit where you have to figure out what happened on the ship and solve the crime.

Additions:

#DANCESINGWITHME: Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (PSV) - I wasn’t sure about adding another rhythm game to the mix but this is one I have been sitting on for a while.

#HANGOUTWITHME: Dead Island Riptide (PS3) - Complete the main story with multiplayer co-op partner(s) and tag enemies in a MP co-op game.

Now to see if I can find a game for the last two categories. Now sure what I have that fits Learnwithme or Getreadywithme yet. I’ll keep searching for something I want to play.

• Like 1

Currently updating until this point in the Tracking Spreadsheet, (uhm I posted early by mistake) but please let me know if you spot any mistakes and I'll fix them! @Rune_Crys perhaps you could add the link to the sheet to the first post so that people can see it? At least when the event starts so they can correct any mistakes I make when tracking (because I'm sure there will be some!)

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, I thought it did mention it does on the box, obviously I've not played it yet.  I don't own anything with rhythm elements otherwise (that I know of) so it's fine for the regular.  NA Vita version and same for Death Mark.  I'm only nuts enough to import if no NA version exists.

Yeah, I was fooled by it as well. Thought I was getting a unique RPG/rhythm hybrid and it'd be something fun and different, which was the only reason I bought it. But all it is is you can activate a soundtrack and then you can spam attacks after without waiting for your gauge to recharge. I was so disappointed :( Game is still pretty decent though, so I still enjoyed it even if it wasn't what I hoped for.

16 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

14 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I am going to stop adding participants to my database as @Kristycism has made a spreadsheet and I'm sure she/he(I assume you're a girl, Kristy? Sorry!) will update constantly.

Haha yes, I'm a she! :P No need to apologise though! It's hard to tell online when the only clue you have besides the username is a cat eating pizza as an avatar :P

Also could the following people quickly confirm their regions/platforms just so it's easier for me to track later? :)  If you don't know yet, it's fine, I can add later, it'll just reduce my workload if you can let me know now :)

@maiathewinners - PS3 or Vita versions of Sly Cooper games, Batman AO Blackgate, LEGO Movie and God of War?

@Sefaerys - which region for Zanki Zero, Danganronpa V3, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order? And PS3 or PS4 for Bayonetta?

@AuroraHistoire - which region for P5R?

@dadoudelidou - which region for Deponia

@Upendo_Vitani - PS3 or PS4 version of Far Cry 3? And which region of P5R?

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

@Kristycism - Only issue I saw was the last post I made added in titles for COOK, CRAFT, LEARN, and FIGHT along with Akiba's Beat not being in there for DANCE.  And I got Akiba's Beat mostly because I liked Akiba's Trip, though I've heard Akiba's Beat isn't as good as Akiba's Trip, which is why it's languished in my backlog for so long.

I'll give them again so you don't need to hunt.  COOK is Marenian Tavern Story, which I don't know if it will be an ultra or not yet since I can find very little on the game, but it definitely has you obtaining recipes to cook for your tavern and make it better.  CRAFT is Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (NA, qualifies for ultra since it has 4 trophies for crafting stuff).  LEARN is Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, also qualifies for ultra.  FIGHT is Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes which also qualifies for ultra since it's a beat em up.

Edited by ladynadiad

@Rune_Crys I know you're likely full by now, but may I follow along and post some progress (with a clear header that I'm not actually officially participating so people don't have to do extra work to factor me in to anything) on my own? I've been in the weird mind fog that I feel many people are in and this would give me a lot of motivation, even if I'm unofficially participating in the event and just sort of participating in spirit/posting to give myself accountability. 

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Currently updating until this point in the Tracking Spreadsheet, (uhm I posted early by mistake) but please let me know if you spot any mistakes and I'll fix them! @Rune_Crys perhaps you could add the link to the sheet to the first post so that people can see it? At least when the event starts so they can correct any mistakes I make when tracking (because I'm sure there will be some!)

Yeah, I was fooled by it as well. Thought I was getting a unique RPG/rhythm hybrid and it'd be something fun and different, which was the only reason I bought it. But all it is is you can activate a soundtrack and then you can spam attacks after without waiting for your gauge to recharge. I was so disappointed :( Game is still pretty decent though, so I still enjoyed it even if it wasn't what I hoped for.

Haha yes, I'm a she! :P No need to apologise though! It's hard to tell online when the only clue you have besides the username is a cat eating pizza as an avatar :P

Also could the following people quickly confirm their regions/platforms just so it's easier for me to track later? :)  If you don't know yet, it's fine, I can add later, it'll just reduce my workload if you can let me know now :)

@maiathewinners - PS3 or Vita versions of Sly Cooper games, Batman AO Blackgate, LEGO Movie and God of War?

@Sefaerys - which region for Zanki Zero, Danganronpa V3, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order? And PS3 or PS4 for Bayonetta?

@AuroraHistoire - which region for P5R?

@dadoudelidou - which region for Deponia

@Upendo_Vitani - PS3 or PS4 version of Far Cry 3? And which region of P5R?

Sorry I forgot to put the info. PS4 version of Far Cry 3 and all my games are NA. I've also decided for my categories with multiple games which ones I will go with. To simplify things, I will just post my new finished list here:

Cook - Kingdom hearts 3

Dance - Nier Automata

Craft - Far Cry 3 (PS4)

Hangout - Watch Dogs 2

Read - Danganronpa 2 (vita)

Learn - Persona 5 Royal

Get ready - Akiba's Trip (vita)

Solve - LA Noire (PS4)

Stay/watch - Lego Avengers (PS4)

Bond - God of War (2018)

Workout - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Or.

Fight - Diablo 3 (PS4)

Travel - Destroy All Humans 2

Game - Alice Madness Returns

Edited by Upendo_Vitani
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Sorry I forgot to put the info. PS4 version of Far Cry 3 and all my games are NA. I've also decided for my categories with multiple games which ones I will go with to simplify things:

Dance - Nier Automata

Solve - LA Noire

Stay/watch - Lego Avengers

Workout - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Or.

Fight - Diablo 3

Game - Alice Madness Returns

Wait Nier Automata has a dance/rhythm game in it?

6 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The regular version of the category allows games with great soundtracks and both Nier games are known for having an amazing soundtrack.

Ahh.

I was hoping it had a rhythm game so I wouldn't have to play TV Superstars again :P

@Rune_Crys@Kristycism

Update to the list:

#COOKWITHME:  LEGO Lord of The Rings

#DANCESINGWITHME: LEGO The Movie

#CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed: Revelations

#HANGOUTWITHME: Air Conflicts: Vietnam

#READWITHME: XBlaze Code: Embryo

#LEARNWITHME: TBA

#GETREADYWITHME: TBA

#SOLVEWITHME: L.A. Noire

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: TBA

#BONDWITHME: Red Dead Redemption

#WORKOUTWITHME: Five Night's At Freddy's: Help Wanted

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat

#TRAVELWITHME: Minecraft

#GAMEWITHME: that one will be easy, but I don't want to waste a potential category, so I'll leave it empty for now

Btw, would racing games be considered good choices for #StayHomeAndWatch Ultra Challenge?

• Like 1

Here is my list as of right now, I'm going for all Ultra challenges so I'm going to add to the list as I find suitable games for the ultra challenges.

#COOKWITHME: N/A
#DANCESINGWITHME: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2
#HANGOUTWITHME: N/A
#READWITHME: N/A
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
#SOLVEWITHME: N/A
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: N/A
#BONDWITHME: N/A
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami
#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

• Like 1

im gonna throw this out as an idea for an Ultra Challenge for stay home and watch because "very difficult sports game" is still throwing me.

Since its about watching, how about a game played through FMV. Night Trap, Double Switch, Late Shift, The Bunker, stuff like that.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

17 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

@Rune_Crys I know you're likely full by now, but may I follow along and post some progress (with a clear header that I'm not actually officially participating so people don't have to do extra work to factor me in to anything) on my own? I've been in the weird mind fog that I feel many people are in and this would give me a lot of motivation, even if I'm unofficially participating in the event and just sort of participating in spirit/posting to give myself accountability. 

Sure @Ashuri-B, you are definitely free to participate unofficially and I'll put a note so that @Kristycism doesn't add you by accident. As I said, I don't want to shun people who want to post their progress on the thread without participating because everyone is free to try the challenge. The only reward anyone is getting is a badge anyways(and I will probably have to find someone to make them as I also suck at art xD) so it's more of a challenge than an actual event. I created this thread to help people try new games and clear out their backlogs as gamers now have a lot of time on their hands, no thanks to the Virus. :D I also want to nod to the Youtube channel that is creating videos for people to watch while working out or grinding trophies on their PS4. ;)

And I am not nearly as full as you think I am. There are still 11 days before the event kicks off.

16 hours ago, Reapers_K said:

Can you add me in?

Definitely, @Reapers_K, welcome to the event. Be sure to read the opening post to learn the categories and post a list of games for us to track and be sure to put down what challenge you are doing as well as the region(as Kristycism will probably bug you about that xD).

11 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

im gonna throw this out as an idea for an Ultra Challenge for stay home and watch because "very difficult sports game" is still throwing me.

Since its about watching, how about a game played through FMV. Night Trap, Double Switch, Late Shift, The Bunker, stuff like that.

Okay, I admit that I need to fix that description a bit and I will put that idea as an alternative.

So now I'm tempted to do a Telltale game for Stay at Home and Watch.  The later ones like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. are very much more watching and reading with minimal gameplay since they seem to be more about the whole "choices matter" deal than the earlier ones that were more like point and click adventures.

Also, have a suggestion for learn with me.  Educational games, games set in the past or games set in locations of historical significance.  While I can't think of any educational games off the top of my head with a plat (though I do know a few non-plat ones), I'm sure they exist.  But I do know of games that take place in locations rich in history and even if they are completely fiction, you can learn stuff from them.  For ultra it could be a game that has trophies or plot that have you learn something.  By plot, it could be something like a major historical event is part of the plot, or during plot you visit a ruins or museum and investigate them.  Having collectables that teach things also could work here.  An example for Ultra would be Murdered: Soul Suspect (takes place in Salem, as part of the plot and via collectables you learn about the witch trials) and for regular stuff like Assassin's Creed and God of War could qualify.  Games based off mythology could work too.

And on another note, already wishing it was the 1st since I'm nearly done with one of my games and now having to save the plat for the first.  Finally got the last of the annoying RNG events to trigger in Hero Must Die Again and only have to farm for two items to get the plat now.  Totally thought that one was going to take longer to do than it was.

Here my first list:

#COOKWITHME: ----

#DANCESINGWITHME: UR FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Dancing Queen Trophy

#CRAFTWITHME: UR BIOSHOCK - Avid Inventor Trophy

#HANGOUTWITHME: ----

#READWITHME: UR DEATH MARK trophies for acquiring all ends

#LEARNWITHME: UR KNACK 2 Incredible Power! Trophy

#GETREADYWITHME: SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS unlockable costumes and one skin

#SOLVEWITHME: -----

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: ----

#BONDWITHME: UR AZUR LANE: CROSSWAVE  playable sisters  

#WORKOUTWITHME: ----

#FIGHTWITHME: WAR THEATRE: BLOOD OF WINTER Mega-Kill Trophy

#TRAVELWITHME: ----

#GAMEWITHME: UR RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 The Never-Ending Nightmare Trophy

will try to figure something for the rest of the categories.

Note: EU-PS4 for all games except death mark/vita.

Edited by hsn963
  • Like 1

I won't be platting Harvest Moon before May 1 (it is like a 60 hour game) but I am enjoying playing it. The first time I played it I got annoyed by the complete lack of explaining that the game does but now that I have read a few guides and understand why my chickens were dying (among a few other things) my first playthrough is going a lot better :) Should be done that ending either today or tomorrow.

• Like 1