STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

50 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Also looking for recommendations for #BONDWITHME, looking for a game where you play 2 people that are related.”

Almost every single LEGO game fits.

Edit: it’s way to easy to accidentally fuck up a quote on this message board.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

@Kristycism Hey, for some reason my games aren't updated in the spreadsheet (few missing categories). So, I'll copy my games here.

#COOKWITHME:  LEGO Lord of The Rings (cooking puzzles)

#DANCESINGWITHME: LEGO The Movie (dance minigame)

#CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (bomb crafting)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Air Conflicts: Vietnam (online trophies)

#READWITHME: XBlaze Code: Embryo (all endings necessary for plat)

#LEARNWITHME: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (maxing out all upgrades necessary for plat)

#GETREADYWITHME: Sleeping Dogs (you have to buy all clothing for plat, I guess this counts as alternate outfits)

#SOLVEWITHME: L.A. Noire (cop job involves different cases/mysteries)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Batman: The Telltale Series (interactive movie)

#BONDWITHME: Red Dead Redemption (John and Jack Marston as playable characters)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Five Night's At Freddy's: Help Wanted (VR game)

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat (fighting game)

#TRAVELWITHME: Minecraft (open world)

#GAMEWITHME: Crysis 3 (ultra rare plat)

All games for Ultra challenge, PS3 (minus FNaF) and EU region.

@gruffiiti not sure why I didn't think of that honestly lol.

@ladynadiad Oh boy Final Fantasy X's platinum lol. Thank you for the recommendation but I've been holding off on that one since I've been dreading the lightning bolts & grinding. I will get to it at some point since X is my second favorite in the series (behind 7) but since I'm also working on trying to get to 199 to platinum Final Fantasy 7's Remake, think I'll hold off a little longer on that one lol.

@DoctorDrPepper That is a solid point & I never thought about that before. Might need to check out some lego games pretty soon. Thank you for the recommendation!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Oh boy Final Fantasy X's platinum lol. Thank you for the recommendation but I've been holding off on that one since I've been dreading the lightning bolts & grinding. I will get to it at some point since X is my second favorite in the series (behind 7) but since I'm also working on trying to get to 199 to platinum Final Fantasy 7's Remake, think I'll hold off a little longer on that one lol.

I was the same, but the lightning bolts is actually pretty easy once you find that good spot where it comes at regular intervals and then it just becomes a matter of repeating a simple pattern while equipped with a no encounters weapon.  Once you dig into the grind, it's also pretty easy, the more time consuming part is capturing all the monsters so you can do the arena battles for the needed spheres.  Don't blame you for wanting to hold off on it, but the only annoying part really was the chocobo racing minigames.  The rest is pretty easy once you got the hang of the best ways to pull them off.

Finally got around to creating a list, but some of them I am still debating over but this is what I have so far.

#COOKWITHME: Ultra. Senran Kagura Bon Appétit. 

I have platinumed the digital version of the game but the physical version has a separate list. If this is a problem please let me know

#DANCESINGWITHME: Ultra. Hatsune Miku Project Diva X. Its a dancing rhythm game.

#CRAFTWITHME: Ultra. Resident Evil 3. Has a Trophy for crafting items.

#HANGOUTWITHME: Ultra. Titanfall 2. Has a trophy for playing online.

#READWITHME: Ultra. Muv-Luv. Has multiple endings for the different characters.

#LEARNWITHME: Ultra. Bullet Girls Phantasia. Has a trophy for maxing out all the skill trees.

#GETREADYWITHME: Ultra. Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Has to unlock all costumes.

#SOLVEWITHME: Ultra. TBD. Not sure if games like Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney or Virtue's Last Rewards count for this category. Please let me know

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Platinum. Captain America Super Soldier. Game based on the movie.

#BONDWITHME: Ultra. Record of Agarest War 2. You play through the game as the main character's offspring.

#WORKOUTWITHME: Ultra. Beat Saber or Super Hot VR. Haven't decided which one yet.

#FIGHTWITHME: Ultra. Soul Calibur 6 or Tekken 7. Haven't decided yet.

#TRAVELWITHME: TBD

#GAMEWITHME: TBD

If there are any issues with my choices please let me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Adding Erica for #STAYHOMEANDWATCH for the Ultra Challenge. As well as would the game Waking Violet count for the ultra challenge for #SOLVEWITHME? If so I'd add that as well. Also looking for recommendations for #BONDWITHME, looking for a game where you play 2 people that are related. I already platinumed God of War, looking for some other recommendations for it as that seems like it'll be the one I'm stuck on. Also looking for recommendations for #COOKWITHME's Ultra Challenge that isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 since I platinumed it already, & Overcooked 2 since I don't really want to play that game.

#COOKWITHME: N/A
#DANCESINGWITHME: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2
#HANGOUTWITHME: N/A
#READWITHME: N/A (Waiting for a VN to go onsale since they're all so expensive & I platinumed all the ones I own already)
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
#SOLVEWITHME: N/A
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica
#BONDWITHME: N/A
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami
#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

You own Tales of Symphonia. 2 of those characters are related.

@ObsiEez - Neptunia Re;Birth 1 maybe?   If I recall right all the goddesses are technically related and there's also the optional characters Ram and Rom who are twins (the plat will require getting them, because there is a trophy for getting them to level 99).  The game is a bit tedious at times, but it is a pretty doable plat and far less of a grind than FFX.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

@ObsiEez - Neptunia Re;Birth 1 maybe?   If I recall right all the goddesses are technically related and there's also the optional characters Ram and Rom who are twins (the plat will require getting them, because there is a trophy for getting them to level 99).  The game is a bit tedious at times, but it is a pretty doable plat and far less of a grind than FFX.

That's true, I do need to go back to that game honestly. Just couldn't get into it but yeah I might do that one now that you brought it up if any lego games don't go on sale any time soon. Thanks for that!

8 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

If you are one of the few who work out of home and doing school work, don't worry about it. There is no set end date. I admire your willpower to schedule school, work and gaming, just make sure you don't put gaming #1, though. I'm sure you are asked to wear protective masks at work, though, which is really tough. I know as I have to wear a mask whenever I want to go shopping and it's tough. Just stay safe and healthy by not pushing your gaming to the forefront. Gamers should rest once in a while. ;)

I'm one of the lucky folks that does all computer work and can do it at home completely. I prefer to work in the office rather than at home, but quarantine has had no impact on my ability to do my job, other than motivation level. haha. Right now, plenty of time for gaming, but when I start up in that class, I will spend a few hours a night for three days a week in class. I'm not sure what the homework load is, but if it's light, I probably still can spend plenty of time on games. I  will be playing for the stress relief either way. I just don't know how much of my list I'll get through. I think this will be a good time either way. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

if a game required you to experiment with ingredients to find variations of recipes even if it's not an actual minigame.

That's fair. As long as you interact in the cooking experience instead of just whipping up stuff instantly(like Tales of Symphonia) it counts. I'll edit that in the post. ;)

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I decided that I'd rather only play one lengthy sim for this event, so I tried out both Surviving Mars and Two Point Hospital yesterday. One of them had me hooked all evening, while the other made me quit out of frustration halfway through the tutorial. I'd like to drop Surviving Mars from the event, move Two Point Hospital to #GAME (it's also an UR plat, so it works for the ultra challenge), and I'll leave #LEARN blank for now, which is good because the new alternative option leaves the door open to a lot of interesting games.

Okay, that's fair. As I said, I am not trying to force you to play games which frustrate you. I've had my share of frustrating titles which, I confess, made me bite my arm in frustration. (Yes, I sink my teeth into my forearm when I get mad. It's probably why I am so sick. I am trying to wean myself of that habit which I developed as a child. ?)

I should have left LEGO Jurassic World as Normal Challenge For LEARN because you actually learn a few things from the loading screens about dinosaurs. "I'm Mr. DNA, and I make learning fun!" xD Oh well, que sera sera. I need to take a nap but I will try to come back and see what will work for the last blanks I have for my list.

Edited by Rune_Crys

28 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

That's fair. As long as you interact in the cooking experience instead of just whipping up stuff instantly(like Tales of Symphonia) it counts. I'll edit that in the post. ;)

Awesome, that answers then about Marenian Tavern Story.  Played about a half an hour of it so far and got zero trophies (game is very stingy with them at the start it seems), but the game definitely requires you to put some thought into what you're cooking and do more than just pick a recipe and cook it if you want to actually get the plat.  Probably going to come back to this one later though since I don't want to get too involved into another PS4 game when so much of my list is on PS3.

@Kristycism you can go ahead and update that Marenian Tavern Story is going to count for ultra then now that I have a better idea of what the game is like.

Making good progress so far at least though.  Have two games ready to plat once the event starts and I'm getting close to finishing up Word Search by POWGI as well.  Death Mark was quite good and the others playing it will likely enjoy it.  Definitely would recommend it for anyone still looking for a VN for the READ theme.  It's reasonably short and quite interesting and will count for the ultra since it has two endings needed for the plat.

Before I begin, I just wanna say I’m going into half of these games with no prior knowledge/experience, so if any of these don’t count let me know and I will adjust/change them

#COOKWITHME: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Ultra challenge) - Cooking minigame 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered - This campaign has an AMAZING soundtrack in my opinion, especially the mission “Of Their Own Accord” when you exit the bunker. Hans Zimmer is an excellent composer and I’m going to enjoy hearing his music again when I do this.

#CRAFTWITHME: Fallout Shelter (Ultra challenge) - Many of this game’s trophies are based on crafting

#HANGOUTWITHME: Star Wars Battlefront (Ultra challenge) - I have one multiplayer trophy left, which is reaching Level 100, as well as a co-op trophy

#READWITHME: Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness (Ultra Challenge) - Visual Novel which apparently requires all endings

#LEARNWITHME: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Ultra Challenge) - Takes place during the Industrial Revolution, with DLC containing Charles Darwin and Jack the Ripper

#GETREADYWITHME: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (Ultra Challenge) - Has one trophy for acquiring all hats/helmets, which are wearable. I already have that specific trophy, but I do not have platinum yet. 

#SOLVEWITHME: Heavy Rain (Ultra Challenge) - I’m told this has detective elements. Hoping I enjoy it

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: LEGO The Hobbit - Pretty self explanatory. Based on the film adaptation which was based off a book. 

#BONDWITHME: LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (Ultra Challenge) - “Don’t call me junior!” Getting to deal with Indiana Jones as well as his father and son. Played this on the Wii as a kid and have been meaning to get platinum for awhile

#WORKOUTWITHME: Wolfenstein: The New Order - All that running and gunning requires a lot of PT, and so I think this should count

#FIGHTWITHME: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Ultra Challenge) - The use of a combo system for special moves I think justifies this pick

#TRAVELWITHME: Need for Speed Rivals (Ultra Challenge) - A vast open world ranging from snowy mountains to dry deserts, what more can you ask from an open world game?

#GAMEWITHME: Zombi (Ultra Challenge) - Didn’t see anything directly horror related, so I felt I should throw this in, especially since I’m so close to platinum. 

2 hours ago, SamSalsa411 said:

#COOKWITHME: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Ultra challenge) - Cooking minigame 

Been a long time since I played this game on the PS3, so I don't know much about the cooking aspect(I know there is a trophy for completing that level in Free Play as it's caleld "What about second breakfast?" or something like that, but I think it's sort of like the potion making in LEGO Harry Potter where you get three items and put them in a pot, so it's not really a minigame. I told @ladynadiad that I would make exceptions to the qualifications, it doesn't have to be a minigame as long as you aren't just putting stuff in a pot and calling it done and from what I know, this is just that. If anyone's played this LEGO game and has something to say otherwise, let me know. As I said, I've not been able to play this game's PS3 version anymore since I don't have a PS3 anymore. :|

But anyways, SamSalsa411, pretty decent list. Welcome to the challenge.

Unfortunately, it looks like Trials of Mana has to be ejected from my list. I got rumors of the trophy list and it seems that Trials of Mana makes the previous two Mana games feel like idiots with its trophy list, which is pretty difficult and time-consuming. I won't say much but I will have to do multiple playthroughs to get the platinum on this game, which I will need to do over months so I don't lose my mind reliving the same travels six times in a row. The trophy list I got from GameFAQs so it isn't verified but the thread which  tells about the trophies came from a source which got the PS4 version very early and leaked the trophy list.

Spoiler

To get the platinum you need to play through the game with all six characters as your main character, which means you have to do the story six times for each character so I'll have to repeat the main villian storyline three times. It's just like the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix. You also have to be the dreaded hardest enemy in the game - the Black Rabite! So yeah, it's gonna be a grind. :(

The only hope is that the developers gave a huge hint that said Rabite won't be shadow-locked to the Dragon's Hole in Angela/Duran's storyline, you will be able to find it no matter what character you choose.

And... there is a fourth class upgrade and a supposed post-game episode for each character so I guess it's not too bad.

Luckily, I have the original Dragon Quest Builders so I moved DQB2 to travel and count it as the Ultra Challenge since every island you visit is a huge open world which you have to walk through, though you get a flying cape near the end of the first story island) and the original Dragon Quest Builders will be CRAFT since there is a trophy requiring you to use the crafting table 50 times. Still not sure what to put for LEARN or HANGOUT yet. If anyone has any suggestions for games that fit these themes, PM me. I might not accept them but at least I will get some inspiration before the 24th.

Edited by Rune_Crys

I am planning on messing around with Dreams. I am not sure if it qualifies for the HANGOUT theme, if someone could give me a shoutout. Also, to Kristycism, don't worry about the badges yet. We won't be giving out any until someone completes their list, which, unless someone put up a list of EZPZ platinums, won't be for a while. I will PM you with an idea for the theme after I think about it.

Edited by Rune_Crys

@Rune_Crys Yeah if LEGO Lord of the Rings doesn’t work I’ll gladly switch that to Back to the Future. I thought fuel would count more as crafting, but technically I suppose it would still be “cooking”. Worse case scenario I replace it with an FPS game where you can cook frag grenades ? 

Edited by SamSalsa411

Here a filled list:

#COOKWITHME: Punchline Cocking features & Scenes are present

#DANCESINGWITHME: UR FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Dancing Queen Trophy

#CRAFTWITHME: UR BIOSHOCK - Avid Inventor Trophy

#HANGOUTWITHME: UR FAR CRY 4 Community Surprise Trophy

#READWITHME: UR DEATH MARK trophies for acquiring all ends

#LEARNWITHME: UR KNACK 2 Incredible Power! Trophy

#GETREADYWITHME: UR SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS Speed King trophy

#SOLVEWITHME: Bioshock Master Hacker

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: SLENDER: THE ARRIVAL (100%)

#BONDWITHME: UR AZUR LANE: CROSSWAVE  playable sisters  

#WORKOUTWITHME: (@Rune_Crys, does it have to be an action RPG, could games such as Sekiro & Darksiders be considered)

#FIGHTWITHME: WAR THEATRE: BLOOD OF WINTER Mega-Kill Trophy

#TRAVELWITHME: UR ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Map Maker Trophy

#GAMEWITHME: UR RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 The Never-Ending Nightmare Trophy

May make some slight changes before May 

Note: EU-PS4 for all games except death mark/vita, & Far Cry 4/ PS3

• Like 1