STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So can I please have my DanceWithMe plat switched from Tv Superstars to Persona 4: Dancing All Night and then CookWithMe switched from Sims 4 to TV Superstars as I don't think Sims actually has you cooking(just a trophy for being good at cooking).

Okay, fair enough. Tempted to get the sale but I am sticking by my guns on Ice Cream Beat. :P

3 hours ago, Briste said:

Going to need a judges ruling I think for some of these...my goal is to only do hardcore since there is no time limit or anything.

I do approve of your READ and GETREADY categories. I don't know much about the other games so I'll let the others tell me f they are right, but your list is pretty decent. Welcome to the event, @Briste, I recognize you from Cassy's trophy checklist thread, you post a lot there. ^_^

Anyways, it's midnight in my time zone so to everyone who hasn't begun(aka people east of Texas as the time zones advance there), the event is officially on. Stay home and have plenty of fun getting those trophies and make sure you report your progress. I'll be putting up my progress soon as my first goal is very quick, the READ category. ;)

1 minute ago, Rune_Crys said:

Okay, fair enough. Tempted to get the sale but I am sticking by my guns on Ice Cream Beat. :P

I do approve of your READ and GETREADY categories. I don't know much about the other games so I'll let the others tell me f they are right, but your list is pretty decent. Welcome to the event, @Briste, I recognize you from Cassy's trophy checklist thread, you post a lot there. ^_^

Anyways, it's midnight in my time zone so to everyone who hasn't begun(aka people east of Texas as the time zones advance there), the event is officially on. Stay home and have plenty of fun getting those trophies and make sure you report your progress. I'll be putting up my progress soon as my first goal is very quick, the READ category. ;)

I have been wanting to play Persona 4 Dancing for awhile :D

Also I just don't think Sims 4 would count which is a shame as I would rather play that than TV Superstars :(

I've already gotten the first platinum of the event!

L748b03.png#READWITHME :platinum:: A Winter's Daydream

Yes, this was my first platinum. But that was the Playstation 4 version. This is the Vita version, which took ten minutes longer than the PS4 version - only because I had to restart it as I forgot that turning on Auto Play disables trophies and I had to keep my hand on my soda so sometimes I forgot to mash text. :P

That's not to say that this visual novel(which doesn't have any branching paths, it's more like an anime OVA than an actual visual novel like Stein's;Gate so all you have to do is mash through the text to the end) was bad. If you go through it again, slowly, you might enjoy it. It definitely fits the #READWITHME theme as you don't do anything but read to get all of the trophies. Still, for $4.99 it's a good trophy gold mine - 11 gold trophies just for reading the text. If you like multiple endings, this is not the title for you, but if you want to rest for 30 or some minutes after a long day's grind on your favorite RPG or whatnot, this is a good title to curl up with. ;) It doesn't count for the Ultra challenge as there are no multiple endings. If only X-BLAZE LOST wasn't still $40... :(

Spoiler

It's a story about the main character's grandmother suddenly becoming a young girl again and revisiting her winter romance long ago, which causes the main character to work on mending the relationship with her snide sister. The art shown in the title is very anime beautiful and really nice.

List Update:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U) - only because there are multiplayer trophies on it and they aren't proactive, you are sharing your creations with other people and don't interact
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (N)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) - returned this to the list because there are trophies for learning all of a character's skills, so it sort of counts as a skill tree mastery
 WATCH: Ratchet and Clank (2016) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

I promise that not all of the list I have are going to be this fast. In fact, this is the fastest platinum I will earn. Everything else will take longer. The second longest platinum will be earned later. I have to go play Trials of Mana now that it's downloaded on my PS4. ;)

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Briste said:

Going to need a judges ruling I think for some of these...my goal is to only do hardcore since there is no time limit or anything. I'm trying not to look too much into the games I'm going to play so if you feel they don't qualify, I have no problem finding something else...the only games that definitely need a home this event are the four Mass Effect games. That series is my main goal for this event...the rest is up in the air.

I don't remember The Long Dark having a cooking mini-game but I remember there being a lot of effort going into the process of cooking food. I remember having to make a fire, adding enough fuel so my food had time to cook, having to wait until the food was done and you couldn't just leave it there or else it would burn or something. I would say The Long Dark qualifies for a ultra rare challenge.

Mass Effect 3 doesn't really qualify fo #CRAFTWITHME since you either buy all your equipment or find it.  Mass Effect Andromeda would count for #CRAFTWITHME since there is a trophy requiring one to craft a weapon or armour with 3 augments. You could swap the too around since Mass Effect 3 has multiplayer trophies too (but they can all be done in singleplayer if the mobile app or the website game is used too). You could also swap categories with The Witcher 3, since Mass Effect 3 has skill trees and The Witcher 3's Armed and Dangerous trophy requires craft a few weapons and armour pieces to complete.

Steins;Gate counts for #READWITHME.

Mass Effect 2 is a bit of a stretch. It is definitely not a fighting game or beat-em-up but there are some game mechanics related to those types of games. You can punch enemies but it's not a viable tactic on insanity difficulty. Depending on the class you pick, you can fire balls of pure energy from your hands. You can also combo powers together, for explosive results. It would be easier to make this augment for Mass Effect 3 since there are proper melee combos and all the gameplay mechanics are expanded upon. If Mass Effect 2 doesn't qualify, you could put it in #LEARNWITHME since there are skill trees and there is a trophy related to maxing it out.  The Witcher 3 looked like a beat-em-up from the gameplay I've seen, so you could swap those 2 around.  

I would count Mass Effect for #TRAVELWITHME since you explore many planets with large open maps. 

• Like 2

#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat (0%)
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) (12%)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

So I've wrapped up the games I was playing this month and saved the plats on for today.  May as well give some thoughts on the games in case anyone is thinking of giving them a shot

Hero Must Die Again - Game is kind of meh overall, but the true ending was actually quite good.  Don't really think the true ending's quality redeemed the game though, but I will give it that the twist in the end was pretty interesting.  My view on this one would be to watch a LP of it or wait for it to go on sale because the ending is quite good, but you have to deal with a lot of stuff that isn't great to get to that point.  If the story leading up to that point had been of a similar quality, this game would have been amazing and it just feels like a bunch of wasted potential otherwise.  Also had a bit of a scare on this one because my last trophy decided to glitch out on me.  I got the last two items I needed, and the trophy failed to pop.  There is a known glitch that the hero's default weapon never shows as having been owned, but it doesn't prevent the trophy from popping from what reports said, that was the only one I'm showing I didn't get.  Have no idea what is causing the problem, so I just head to every town and buy out each store's inventory (you start with 99,999 gold, so this isn't hard to do), it finally pops in the last town after buying an item I know I had before.

Death Mark - Definitely one of the better VNs I've played.  It actually has a reasonable amount of gameplay elements to it since you have to investigate the locations the spirits are found in and then defeat the spirits.  It would also be a good pick to cover the ultra challenge for solve as well because there are a bunch of mysteries involved to solve regarding each of the spirits.  The game is rather short, my playtime was at 7 and a half hours on my save after the good ending, but with the time spent reloading for the different endings for each chapter, it likely ends up being closer to 8-9 hours to get the plat (a bit more for the PS4 version since that one includes the DLC from the Vita version in the plat and that's a bonus chapter for after the good ending).  However, the game doesn't feel too short or rushed, it's a solid amount of material and a very well done horror story that takes advantage of the elements of a VN to add to the atmosphere.  Definitely glad I picked this one up and I think everyone who will be playing it will enjoy it.

And well, I don't think much needs to be said about a POWGI game.  It's a word search game, it's easy and longer than most POWGI games.  Glad to have the last stack of that one done.  Going to play Nier next because I'd been wanting to get back to that one but wanted to wipe out the PS4 incompletes first.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

Sorry, I didn't expect people to miss this event but if you want to sign in now, that's fine. The sign-ups won't close until May 15, so anyone who just saw this post is still eligible to join, you just won't have as much freedom swapping games once free game swaps are locked out but if you have a good list, then you're good. And you're pretty good with your list, @Adras_Nightmare so welcome to the thread! Can't wait to hear your stories with FFVII remake! ^_^

Don't worry, I missed this post only because I have not browsed the forums a lot lately (I was pretty busy in finishing my Trophy checklist on here but I still have some work to do on it). I'm also really looking forward to play FFVII Remake, unfortunately with this Coronavirus situation my shipping got a bit delayed but oh well, I still have plenty of time for it (thank you "work from home"!).

8 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I've already gotten the first platinum of the event!

L748b03.png#READWITHME :platinum:: A Winter's Daydream

Reveal hidden contents

It's a story about the main character's grandmother suddenly becoming a young girl again and revisiting her winter romance long ago, which causes the main character to work on mending the relationship with her snide sister. The art shown in the title is very anime beautiful and really nice.

Also, congrats on your first plat! ;)

7 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

I apologise @Rune_Crys I haven't been on in a few days and didn't realise the event has started. I am very happy it started early, excellent news. I will have my full list of games by tomorrow. Thanks :)

Don't be apologetic. I'm not judging you for not starting right away. The reason for the push was because a lot of people wanted to start earlier. I had started with May 1 as most event start at the first of the month, but since that was two weeks off, i didn't want to stymie anyone who was eager to get started. Don't worry too much about rushing your list. A lot of people haven't finalized their lists yet. ;)

10 minutes ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

Also, congrats on your first plat!

Thanks, but as I said, this is a brainless platinum. The other games will take longer than an hour to complete. xD Still, I appreciate the praise and hope that others get a more meaty first event platinum than I did. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Hey, sorry to do this but it turns out Persona 4 only comes with the physical copy of this game not the digital copy :(

Can I please have my Dance game changed to Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight instead.

Sorry about this, I am disappointed as 4 was my favourite of all the Persona games (as you can see by my signature)

10 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Dr_Mayus No problem. Its been updated.

It sounds like maybe the 4th one comes with it still...I will buy it later today when I get a PSN card but regardless I won't change my game again. I know the 5th comes with the bundle so I can guarantee I can play that game for the event.

4 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Dr_Mayus No worries. Once you figure out for sure which one you would rather play just let me know and if needed I'll change it back. :lol:

Which bundle are you looking at?

I will just stick with 5 so there is no more switching :)

It is the Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection which comes with 3 and 5 for sure but people are not sure if it comes with 4.

It is $26 (canadian) and normally these games go for like 40 each so both for that price is great.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I will just stick with 5 so there is no more switching :)

It is the Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection which comes with 3 and 5 for sure but people are not sure if it comes with 4.

It is $26 (canadian) and normally these games go for like 40 each so both for that price is great.

I was looking at that one and the desc reads..

Description

Test your rhythm gameplay skills with the ultimate Persona Dancing bundle! Includes: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, & Persona 4: Dancing All Night!

So cross your fingers its included or fight with PSN if its not. :eyebrow:

2 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

I was looking at that one and the desc reads..

So cross your fingers its included or fight with PSN if its not. :eyebrow:

OK, I thought I saw that. I checked again and it does say that on the canadian site as well...Whatever I will stick with 5 so as not to change my stuff anymore but hopefully I get all 4 for that price :D

Just finished first game on my list, Assassin's Creed: Revelations! Thankfully "Sage" trophy didn't glitched for me.

#COOKWITHME: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

#DANCESINGWITHME: LEGO The Movie

#CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed: Revelations  :platinum:

#HANGOUTWITHME: Air Conflicts: Vietnam

#READWITHME: XBlaze Code: Embryo

#LEARNWITHME: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

#GETREADYWITHME: Sleeping Dogs

#SOLVEWITHME: L.A. Noire

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Batman: The Telltale Series

#BONDWITHME: Red Dead Redemption

#WORKOUTWITHME: Five Night's At Freddy's: Help Wanted

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat

#TRAVELWITHME: Minecraft

#GAMEWITHME: Crysis 3

Next to do, Air Conflicts.

• Like 2

My second platinum is done!

L795ac6.png#BONDWITHME: Modern Tales: Age of Invention

It's from Artifex Mundi, the masters of story-driven point-and-click adventures spiced with puzzles and hidden object puzzles galore and usually having female protagonists. The main character's father gets kidnapped by a rival scientist and you go look for him. It is set in the Age of Innovation and you actually meet a young adult Albert Einstein! The game is one of the easier Artifex Mundi titles: The game doesn't require you to clear the game on Expert Difficulty like most of the company's titles or do the bonus chapter. However, my game started to glitch in the graphics near the end and everything becomes a rainbow mess. (Luckily, it reset when I quit and reloaded the game. The game also crashed in the beginning but luckily the game constantly auto-saves, which makes some of its titles harder to platinum.)

If you like point-and-clicks or hidden object puzzles, this is one of the games you might like.

13 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

List Update:

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U) - only because there are multiplayer trophies on it and they aren't proactive, you are sharing your creations with other people and don't interact
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N) (10 pts.)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (N)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U)
 LEARN: Trials of Mana (U) - returned this to the list because there are trophies for learning all of a character's skills, so it sort of counts as a skill tree mastery
 WATCH: Ratchet and Clank (2016) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

That's about it for quick trophies. I have Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 but I will be spending all day solving the dang puzzles. I spent one night getting all but one of the 15x15 puzzles so I should start popping the 100% trophies soon and getting the platinum by tomorrow. I'm going to wait to play Trials of Mana until a few guides come out because the way the remake plays is quite a bit differetnt from the original Super Nintendo version. I am waiting for a time to properly marathon Dragon Quest Builders 2. ;)

Also, for those wondering what to do with the COOK category, they just released a new trophy list for UmiharaKawase Fresh! and a couple of the trophies require you to cook so that might work for the normal challenge. I don't know if there is any effort involved in cooking the food so it might not qualify for the Ultra challenge.

Congrats, @Varhur, for your first platinum! Keep up the good work! :D

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@Dr_Mayus Make sure to let us all know.

P.S. I quoted that from the Canadian site as that my home site too! xD

OK to you and everyone it is all 3 games :D but I will still stick with 5 for this event.

Also here are my starting stats. I will update at least once a week

#COOKWITHME: Ultra Challenge: TV Superstars 37/51 trophies 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight 0/42 trophies 

#CRAFTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Bioshock  -PS4 0/66 trophies 

#HANGOUTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Zombie Tycoon 2 20/37 trophies 

#READWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Steins;Gate - PS3 8/42 trophies

#LEARNWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Mass Effect 2 48/55 trophies

#GETREADYWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom 10/42 trophies 

#SOLVEWITHME: Ultra Challenge Master Reboot 4/21 trophies

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Ultra Challenge: UFC 2009 Undisputed 8/31 trophies

#BONDWITHME: Ultra Challenge: God of War[2018] 0/37 trophies

#WORKOUTWITHME: Alternative Ultra Challenge: MiCoach 8/26 trophies

#FIGHTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Shenmue 6/29 trophies

#TRAVELWITHME:Ultra Challenge: Nier Automata 0/48 trophies 

#GAMEWITHME: Ultra Challenge:  Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland %4.66 - Ultra Rare 5/21 trophies

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

So I will go with this list, thanks again. Should get my first one done by tomorrow :)

#COOKWITHME - Persona 5 Royal  (Ultra)  The restaurant giant burger eating it all mini game

#DANCESINGWITHME - Persona 4 Dancing All Night (AS) PS4 (Rhythm game - Ultra)

#CRAFTWITHME - Days Gone - Ultra)

#HANGOUTWITHME - Dreams (Ultra)

#READWITHME - Yu-No : A Girl Who Chants Love of The Bound of This World (Ultra)

#LEARNWITHME  - Trials of Mana PS4 (Ultra)   

#GETREADYWITHME  - Diaster Report 4 Summer Memories

#SOLVEWITHME (Alternative) - Glass Masquerade 2 (jigsaw puzzle game) (Ultra)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH -  Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing  

#BONDWITHME  - Lego The Incredibles (Ultra)

#WORKOUTWITHME - Paper Beasts PSVR (Ultra)

#FIGHTWITHME - One Punch Man : A Hero Nobody Knows (Ultra)

#TRAVELWITHME  - Dragon Quest XI (Ultra)

#GAMEWITHME - Control (JP) 

• Like 1