Crysis Remastered is coming to PS4

ziggypossum

Thats dissapointing... Was hoping for something new.

I really dont see the point of this remaster, the original still looks good.

And I understand most remakes coming out because people love the original and feel a sense of nostalgia but  does anyone want to play Crysis on 2020? It felt more like a tech demo than a game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Thats dissapointing... Was hoping for something new.

I really dont see the point of this remaster, the original still looks good.

And I understand most remakes coming out because people love the original and feel a sense of nostalgia but  does anyone want to play Crysis on 2020? It felt more like a tech demo than a game.

It's one of the best, if not the best Shooter out there. 

People keep reducing it to a tech demo. Never understood why. 

And let's be honest: Most console players experienced this only on the PS3/360. I played all of them on consoles and PC and while the last gen version pushed the hardware to its limits, it was still nothing compared to the PC version. 

So it will be the first opportunity for many people to experience this game with almost full graphical potential (PC will obviously still be better). 

Maybe we will also see s PS5 update for this. 

Just now, Sinthoras_96 said:

And let's be honest: Most console players experienced this only on the PS3/360. I played all of them on consoles and PC and while the last gen version pushed the hardware to its limits, it was still nothing compared to the PC version. 

So it will be the first opportunity for many people to experience this game with almost full graphical potential (PC will obviously still be better). 

I'll hope it will look better than the pc version lol. If a 2007 PC game would look better than a 2020 PS4 game, that would be a big disappointment or did you mean the pc version of the remaster?

I hope they put the same effort into creating that, as raven software did with 2016s Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. Anything else would be pretty weak, especially if its just the first one. Would probably still buy it to play it again with a new platinum tho :D

Just now, westersburg said:

I'll hope it will look better than the pc version lol. If a 2007 PC game would look better than a 2020 PS4 game, that would be a big disappointment or did you mean the pc version of the remaster?

I hope they put the same effort into creating that, as raven software did with 2016s Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. Anything else would be pretty weak, especially if its just the first one. Would probably still buy it to play it again with a new platinum tho :D

I meant the PC version of this Remaster. 

11 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Oh, dont get me wrong, its beautiful looking game and a technical powerhouse but, looking back, the gameplay was very simple and got stale quick and while the suit was a cool idea it was underdeveloped in the first game. But hey glad someone is looking forward to it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

To be honest. It lacked of a good story to compete on the title "best shooter". Crysis 2 and 3 solved that issue, but if you just refer to the original one, it was nothing that their previous title "Far Cry" hasn't already done. Graphics were a blast and the KI still holds up to this day, but the leveldesign and the freedom of how to move to the next objective had been done before. I agree that console players, who haven't played the pc version probably can't understand the hype, that this game had and maybe still has. Still a shooter milestone to this day.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

And maybe console players get that one missing mission from the ps3 version. (Where you have to escape the island or it just bugged on me and skipped the evacuation)

52 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Because its a trash game that looks pretty 

How exactly is it a trash game? 

It offers way more gameplay options than let's say a linear script shooter like CoD or something like that. 

What kind of shooters have better gameplay in your opinion? I'm really curious now. 

• Like 2

Generally speaking, i'm enthusiastic about any type of Crysis installment, but if the first game is going to be remastered—especially only remastered and for the first game—then the online multiplayer needs to be here. . . for obvious reasons (one example: longevity). Otherwise, while fun and a good time will still be had with the game itself (even with only a hypothetical campaign), it'd still be the most disappointing thing to come next for the series, especially in current times when remakes and re-imaginings are basically the standard now.

The first game is great, but a remaster, even with online, is basically pointless. Over the last several years it's been primarily games on the remake or above level that have gotten the individual re-release treatment, which.. doesn't.. apply to Crysis, and for an even longer period of time remasters have primarily come in the form of a collection. The year is now 2020 (of all years), so I don't understand the outdated model of this solo remaster (especially when it's potentially not the best title in the series). . . unless the quality is virtually identical to something like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. But still. . . Something like Crysis: Warhead has to be bundled (similar to how Dead Space Extraction came with Dead Space 2) with this to make up for the lack of new experience that veteran console players (mostly) like myself won't have. As of now, if true, this will cater mostly to people who haven't played the first game, who most definitely should try it.

Edited by EcoShifter

4 hours ago, westersburg said:

To be honest. It lacked of a good story to compete on the title "best shooter". Crysis 2 and 3 solved that issue, but if you just refer to the original one, it was nothing that their previous title "Far Cry" hasn't already done. Graphics were a blast and the KI still holds up to this day, but the leveldesign and the freedom of how to move to the next objective had been done before. I agree that console players, who haven't played the pc version probably can't understand the hype, that this game had and maybe still has. Still a shooter milestone to this day.

Many people still say the original doom games are some of the best shooters. And they had pretty much no story at all. 

And I still think the way Crysis 1 tells his story is absolutely amazing and I've never seen it like that anywhere before. 

You have that big mountain at the horizon from the start of the game. The closer you get to it, the more strange things start to happen and the mountain starts to change it's appearance after every mission until it eventually reveals a giant alien mothership under its surface with a big bang. 

And that big bang also changes the whole game visually from a tropic paradise into frozen hell. 

When you play this for the very first time and don't know what's going to happen, it's absolutely amazing. 

The first Far Cry had nothing like this. You just attacked some secret underground experiment labs from a mad scientist and fought mutants in them. It also didn't really take itself very serious story wise. I still think Blood Dragon was kind of a semi remake of the first game. Kind of the same setting and going full force on a self ironic story 

9 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Generally speaking, i'm enthusiastic about any type of Crysis installment, but if the first game is going to be remastered—especially only remastered and for the first game—then the online multiplayer needs to be here. . . for obvious reasons. Otherwise, while fun and a good time will still be had with the game itself (even with only a hypothetical campaign), it'd still be the most disappointing thing to come next for the series, especially in current times when remakes and re-imaginings are basically the standard now.

The first game is great, but a remaster, even with online, is basically pointless. Over the last several years it's been primarily games on the remake or above level that have gotten the individual re-release treatment, which.. doesn't.. apply to Crysis, and for an even longer period of time remasters have primarily come in the form of a collection. The year is now 2020 (of all years), so I don't understand the outdated model of this solo remaster (especially when it's potentially not the best title in the series). Something like Crysis: Warhead has to be bundled (similar to how Dead Space Extraction came with Dead Space 2) with this to make up for the lack of new experience that veteran console players (mostly) like myself won't have. As of now, if true, this will cater mostly to people who haven't played the first game, who most definitely should try it.

I agree that Crysis Warhead as a second campaign and Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) should be included here. 

But there are actually many solo Remasters out there and even more to come. Just recently Saints Row the Third remastered got announced for example. Also Mafia 2.

And there are many more already out there, for example Red Faction Guerilla. 

So I wouldn't say solo remasters are outdated. 

30 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

How exactly is it a trash game? 

It offers way more gameplay options than let's say a linear script shooter like CoD or something like that. 

What kind of shooters have better gameplay in your opinion? I'm really curious now. 

Resistance

Doom

Killing Floor

Borderlands

Bulletstorm

Titanfall

Wolfenstein

I could go on, but really, just about any FPS.

• Like 3