5 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Resistance

Doom

Killing Floor

Borderlands

Bulletstorm

Titanfall

Wolfenstein

I could go on, but really, just about any FPS.

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Bulletstorm

Vanquish

Titanfall

Borderlands

Killzone

Shadow Warrior

I'd argue even the first halo is more fun to play

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

It's one of the best, if not the best Shooter out there. 

People keep reducing it to a tech demo. Never understood why. 

And let's be honest: Most console players experienced this only on the PS3/360. I played all of them on consoles and PC and while the last gen version pushed the hardware to its limits, it was still nothing compared to the PC version. 

So it will be the first opportunity for many people to experience this game with almost full graphical potential (PC will obviously still be better). 

Maybe we will also see s PS5 update for this. 

Agreed and I enjoyed playing it on PS3 years ago despite the sh*t framerate.

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Resistance

Doom

Killing Floor

Borderlands

Bulletstorm

Titanfall

Wolfenstein

I could go on, but really, just about any FPS.

Resistance 

Only played the third one, so I cant really judge the whole series, but the third one was a very generic shooter that didn't offer anything unique. I also thought that brown alien enemies were extremely boring. 

Doom 

Well, I can't argue against this. I enjoy Doom, but since it's an Arena shooter, it's rather different and hard to compare tbh 

Killing Floor

Generic Zombie Coop game... I don't know what is so great about this? 

Borderlands 

Loot Shooter. I hate them. Just no. 

Bulletstorm 

Not bad, but to me definitely not better than Crysis. The only real special thing here are the skill kills. Therefore the movement in this game just feels kind of weird and static. 

Titanfall 

Well, If you enjoy Titanfall that much, I fail to understand why you hate Crysis. Many of the best Titanfall Multiplayer Players on PC and Xbox were among the best Crysis Multiplayer Gamers as well. Both games give you freedom and fast movement. 

If someone prefers Titanfall over Crysis OK. But enjoying Titanfall whilst hating Crysis doesn't make any sense to me.

Wolfenstein 

Good Games, but nothing groundbreaking or special here for me. 

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Edited by Sinthoras_96

6 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

It's one of the best, if not the best Shooter out there. 

People keep reducing it to a tech demo. Never understood why. 

And let's be honest: Most console players experienced this only on the PS3/360. I played all of them on consoles and PC and while the last gen version pushed the hardware to its limits, it was still nothing compared to the PC version. 

So it will be the first opportunity for many people to experience this game with almost full graphical potential (PC will obviously still be better). 

Maybe we will also see s PS5 update for this. 

Besides the graphics and physics engine, the game had nothing new to offer that wasn't on the market already. Some may argue that the suit was the brand new innovation, but truth be told that was just a new way to make a superhero type of experience, nothing more than Prototype brought to the table for example. The game itself was dull and boring, at least up until the point the Cephs appear. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Many people still say the original doom games are some of the best shooters. And they had pretty much no story at all. 

And I still think the way Crysis 1 tells his story is absolutely amazing and I've never seen it like that anywhere before. 

You have that big mountain at the horizon from the start of the game. The closer you get to it, the more strange things start to happen and the mountain starts to change it's appearance after every mission until it eventually reveals a giant alien mothership under its surface with a big bang. 

And that big bang also changes the whole game visually from a tropic paradise into frozen hell. 

When you play this for the very first time and don't know what's going to happen, it's absolutely amazing. 

The first Far Cry had nothing like this. You just attacked some secret underground experiment labs from a mad scientist and fought mutants in them. It also didn't really take itself very serious story wise. I still think Blood Dragon was kind of a semi remake of the first game. Kind of the same setting and going full force on a self ironic story 

I agree that Crysis Warhead as a second campaign and Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) should be included here. 

But there are actually many solo Remasters out there and even more to come. Just recently Saints Row the Third remastered got announced for example. Also Mafia 2.

And there are many more already out there, for example Red Faction Guerilla. 

So I wouldn't say solo remasters are outdated. 

Blood dragon is the best thing UBISOFT ever let happen

And im so mad it wasnt in fc5s season pass and that theres no blood dragon  2

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Besides the graphics and physics engine, the game had nothing new to offer that wasn't on the market already. Some may argue that the suit was the brand new innovation, but truth be told that was just a new way to make a superhero type of experience, nothing more than Prototype brought to the table for example. The game itself was dull and boring, at least up until the point the Cephs appear. 

Oh what a great argument. Take away all things that the game did new and unique and say that everything still left wasn't new lol 

Look at all the games mentioned before by the other two guys that have supposedly better gameplay:

Bulletstorm - > Take away the skill kills - > nothing new to offer 

Titanfall - > Take away the Wallruns - > Nothing new to offer 

Resistance, Borderlands and Killzone - > hadn't anything new to offer to begin with lol

And comparing a FPS with a third person action game only because in both of them the player has more power then the enemies.... I don't know about that really. 

And even if you really want to do that comparison, you still need to admit that it was pretty much the first game which did this Superhero thing as you call it as an FPS. 

Prototype on the other Hand is like the 256th 3rd person super hero game. So following your argument, prototype was boring because it hadn't anything new to offer and not even amazing graphics or physics. 

https://www.crytek.com/news/crytek-announces-crysis-remastered

The Crytek Press release confirms its only singleplayer. 

But they are speaking of campaigns instead of campaign. So it might include Crystal Warhead, but that's just speculation on my side. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

The huge difference between titanfall and crysis gameplaywise, is that titanfall is way more fluent. Crysis 1 felt a bit akward due to the fact, that you had to change manually between the suit mods. Even in the console version you could just switch fluently between them, but the suit couldnt handle it. For example. A sprint  strengthjump didnt carry the momentum you had while sprinting.

They fixed that with crysis 2 and 3, and i hope they will with the remaster. Crysis pros were the graphics and the freedom in the leveldesign, but movement and combat wise there were better shooters out there at the time. For Example Call of Duty 4.

On 4/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Bulletstorm - > Take away the skill kills - > nothing new to offer

Do you even lasso? What about Waggleton P. Tallylicker?

5 minutes ago, ConAir said:

It's now confirmed, topicstarter @ziggypossum

Releasedate is unknown. April 24th was rumored but now it's just soon. Perhaps due to the pandemic it takes longer to go through certification on all platforms. I expect a worldwide release on the same date. 

The release is probably in August. The game takes place during August 2020, so it would be a very clever move to release it there. 

@ziggypossum Change the OP. This is completely official now.

I agree that Crysis Warhead as a second campaign and Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) should be included here. 

But there are actually many solo Remasters out there and even more to come. Just recently Saints Row the Third remastered got announced for example. Also Mafia 2.

And there are many more already out there, for example Red Faction Guerilla. 

So I wouldn't say solo remasters are outdated. 

Lost access to internet for a couple of days.

That's why I said "primarily". Outdated things can still exist in the present while still being outdated, like "modern" games that still have an outdated stealth system. Not everyone moves with the time or achieves even the set standards. There's also obviously a vast number of remastered collections (too), which of the two is seemingly more common over the last recent years: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Collection, Syberia Collection, Devil May Cry Collection, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Assassin Creed Collection, Hitman Collection, Resident Evil Collection, Silent Hill Collection, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Collection, Final Fantasy X Collection, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Collection, a plethora of PlayStation exclusives collections, etc. Most solo remasters have come from games that aren't/weren't actually a series, unlike Crysis. This is exactly why a solo Crysis remaster is weird in current times to say the least—because the question is why isn't it following in suit of other series that have been remastered as a collection—unless the quality surpasses the outdated standard of "1080p+ and 60fps" and that's it . . . If it's not on par or better with the likes of CoD:MWR, it's an automatic underwhelming idea.

Even with the inevitable existence of some solo remasters from series, they're still underwhelming in numbers compared to remastered collections. Even though some exceptions are inevitable, some of your examples appear to be special cases, like Mafia, a game series that has had a new developer every single installment and publisher up until the second game. Among Mafia having been made by an entirely different development and publishing team, the (ported) console versions are known for unique issues and being weaker compared to the original Microsoft Windows version. Mafia 3 is then too recent to be remastered in the traditional sense (hence the definitive label), leaving Mafia II with no choice but to be enhanced solely.

Edited by EcoShifter

On 4/16/2020 at 6:58 AM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Damn, either the Switch version will be heavily downgraded, or it'll turn the console into a pile of burnt metal. 

Maybe like the Xbox 360 and PS3 ones, only with 60 FPS. I hope they don't settle for 30 on console.

The TAC Launcher is one of the most awesome things about Crysis. You can't not love it. Now I'm looking forward to seeing how its explosions will look in the remastered one.

I'm not interested in the first game.

If the second and third games can get a remaster, that would be nice. Without the grindy multiplayer trophies. They shut down the online for Crysis 2 a year and a half ago, so currently you can only do Crysis 1 and Crysis 3, both on the PS3.

Hopefully some of you guys can play them with PS Now.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Crysis the best FPS of all time? Please. It's a great game but it really was mostly due to the tech-demo aspect that someone else already described. The story was good, the gameplay very good, and the graphics amazing. That doesn't make it the best FPS of all time though. It felt like an upgraded Far Cry at the time.

Deus Ex (2000) and Half-Life 1+2 are still the crowning achievements for me.