Will the Polish Rockstar Pass work with the digital GB version?

Johnytomm

As far as I am informed Sony divided the world in 6 regions:

cmfPRlP.png

Also you can take a look into this list: https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/217296237-What-Region-Is-My-PlayStation-4- which goes deeper into the material regarding Disc Countries where Poland and UK are both listed as "SIEE" DISC COUNTRIES (Europe, Africa, Middle East, Oceania)

==> Since Poland and the UK are both part of R2 and "SIEE" DISC COUNTRIES it should work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geridian said:

As far as I am informed Sony divided the world in 6 regions:

cmfPRlP.png

Also you can take a look into this list: https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/217296237-What-Region-Is-My-PlayStation-4- which goes deeper into the material regarding Disc Countries where Poland and UK are both listed as "SIEE" DISC COUNTRIES (Europe, Africa, Middle East, Oceania)

==> Since Poland and the UK are both part of R2 and "SIEE" DISC COUNTRIES it should work.

That chart doesn't apply to Blurays, because those are split into 3 regions i.e. A, B and C:

Region A: This region covers all of North America, South America and South East Asia.

Region B: This encompasses Europe, Africa, Middle East, French territories and Greenland.

Region C: Region which covers the rest of the world including Russia, Asia, and China.

Source: http://www.regionfreedvd.net/region-codes.html

Even if the region codes match, there can still sometimes be compatibility issues between countries in the EU e.g. The Deus Ex 3 DLCs in the Spanish PS store won't work with a copy from Portugal and vice versa, because there's a slight difference in the game coding which prevents them from working. Germany are also known to have compatibility issues with some of their games and DLC bought from elsewhere in the EU. Due to this, it's always safer to just buy the game and DLC from the PS Store in the same country as each other.

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That chart doesn't apply to Blurays, because those are split into 3 regions i.e. A, B and C:

Region A: This region covers all of North America, South America and South East Asia.

Region B: This encompasses Europe, Africa, Middle East, French territories and Greenland.

Region C: Region which covers the rest of the world including Russia, Asia, and China.

Source: http://www.regionfreedvd.net/region-codes.html

You realized before posting that it is not about Blu Ray movie disc in this topic? ^^ Of course it is different with Blu Rays on disc as it was with movies on DVD..

Games on DISC are "Region free" on PS4 and this was also the case on PS3.

But still you have a point:

it's always safer to just buy the game and DLC from the PS Store in the same country as each other.

==> This is my recommendation as well.

Edited by Geridian

10 minutes ago, Geridian said:

You realized before posting that it is not about Blu Ray movie disc in this topic? ^^ Of course it is different with Blu Rays on disc as it was with movies on DVD..

Games on DISC are "Region free" on PS4 and this was also the case on PS3.

But still you have a point:

==> This is my recommendation as well.

I am fully aware that this isn't a film, that PS3 (with the exception of Persona 4: Golden) and 4 games are region free and we are talking about a PS3 game but the region coding still applies when it comes to DLC, because all DLCs are region locked - even when the games aren't.