Here's the lowdown on the DLC trophies

fadingtrails

1 hour ago, fadingtrails said:

The nine DLC trophies are all offline and unmissable. Like the "9 new trophies next week" topic says, they're all about "beating pre-set lap times with certain track and car combinations."

Here's some additional information about the best way to go about unlocking these, including car setups for the ones I've beaten so far. They aren't difficult. There's a lot of leeway and you're allowed to use assists, even flashbacks.

The Objectives mentioned in the trophy descriptions can be found in the Player Profile menu. They can be achieved through career but if you just want to try for them straightaway, the best way to do it is by doing custom races in Free Play. Time Attack also works for most of these trophies - point-to-point races aren't available - but the game is more strict about track limits in this mode. So you want to do a race at the required track with no AI cars present. Choose to do a rolling rather than a standing start to have a better chance of beating the objective in your first lap.

Some more info:

• The DLC cars are all found under the Seasons Vehicle Category
  • Laps done in Hot Lap Qualifying won't count
  • If your lap timer turns red it means your lap's been invalidated
  • The trophies will unlock as soon as you beat the lap time
  • The Objective will show onscreen as being completed at the same time
  • For the Objective to register, though, you'll have to complete the session and quit to the main menu

DLC Trophy Pack 1 - Season 1

Vehicle Class: Super Hatches

High Altitude:bronze:

04:11.700

Track: Okutama Sprint - Mizu Mountain (point-to-point)

Car: Audi S1 Quattro Concept

Recommended setup: leave all values in the middle

Delta Time :silver:

01:38.000

Track: Shanghai - Waibaidu Way

Car: Lancia Delta HF Integrale

Recommended setup, with zero being the middle value

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll 0

Brake Bias -1

Fast for a Hatchback :gold:

01:52.600

Track: Havana - Paseo de Marti

Car: MINI Hatch JCW

Gear Ratio +1

Springs +1

Dampers +1

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

DLC Trophy Pack 2 - Season 2

Vehicle Class: Track Day GT

British Heritage :bronze:

01:53.200

Track: Silverstone - GP Circuit

Car: Brabham BT62

Setup: will add later, but you'll want a stiff ride

Burning Rubber :silver:

01:54.300

Track: Sepang International Circuit - Full Track

Car: Ferrari FXX

Gear Ratio -2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

A Wheely Good Time :gold:

01:40.600

Track: Crescent Valley - GP Circuit

Car: Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro

Gear Ratio +1

Springs +2

Dampers: +2

Anti-roll +2

Brake Bias 0

DLC Trophy Pack 3 - Season 3

Vehicle Class: Track Day Hypercars

Gone in a Flash :bronze:

01:47.800

Track: Okutama - GP Circuit

Car: Koenigsegg Agera RS

Gear Ratio -2

Springs 0

Dampers 0

Anti-roll 0

Brake Bias 0

Painting the Track Red :silver:

01:25.600

Track: Indianapolis - Sport Circuit

Car: Ferrari FXX-K Evo

Flights to Catch :gold:

00:41.800

Track: Suzuka Circuit - East Course

Car: Koenigsegg Jesko

Are you playing with a wheel? I do, i only tune the car when it spins out every time with little input. Base setup is fine in my opinion (medium AI). The ford gt40 was a nightmare, tuned it a bit and every assist at max. Barely won. Normally abs 1, tc 0,  sc 0. 

Edited by bartne
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, KirekkusuPT said:

I'm just missing the A Wheely Good Time

For me it's the hardest by far, I'm missing the time by 2 seconds...

That was the only one I had to use tuning for. If you make the gear ratio fully long to take advantage of the lengthy time at full throttle and then make both the springs and dampers soft so that you can ride the curbs effectively it might work for you...at least that is what worked for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ph0nix123 said:

That was the only one I had to use tuning for. If you make the gear ratio fully long to take advantage of the lengthy time at full throttle and then make both the springs and dampers soft so that you can ride the curbs effectively it might work for you...at least that is what worked for me.

Will give it another go later today. Don't want to leave that trophy undone since I've done the rest of them (bar from the Around the Globe one which I've been farming for the last month and I'm like 60% on the way to do it).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JOHNTHEDESTROYR said:

Literally can't do Fast for a Hatchback for the life of me. I tried for 2 hours now and I keep hearing it's not that hard. Sigh

Just set all aids at 1. I had a hard time because I kept them at 5 but the Mini handles great anyway and you’ll be much faster.

The only event giving me trouble is the Vulcan one, I’m almost one second slower than required time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOHNTHEDESTROYR said:

Literally can't do Fast for a Hatchback for the life of me. I tried for 2 hours now and I keep hearing it's not that hard. Sigh

It's a bit tough. The key is get better at each section.

What i did was make the race 10 laps, since i need

the mileage. That will give you time to figure out

how to keep your speed in certain sections and

abuse the flashbacks if you have to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOHNTHEDESTROYR said:

I had some troubles with it also and so didn't a friend of mine.  So it's not that easy.  Keep in mind people like to brag about how they had no trouble with stuff when in actuality they probably did.  anyway this race is about feness make sure to not skid around the curves in the road and to actually slow down and take them without sliding.  Learn to brake and accelerate through the curves.  The race line should light up green the whole way around the turns and if it's red you are going to loose time.  Eventually you will get the feel for it and before you know it you will beat the time.  I actually tried for several hours on this one and I hit the wall on the opening curve the lap I beat it.  I was about to restart race and kind of zoned out and next thing I knew I was hitting every turn. the last 3/4 lap was perfect and I knew I had it before crossing the line.  Set time to 6 minutes so you have time for 3 full laps.  Finish every race and at least you are racking up some mileage in the process.

• Like 1

I just completed all the times, honestly, the hardest of the bunch for me was: A Wheely Good Time :gold: I got this one on 8th lap, was always loosing speed in mid section, on 180 curve.
Everything else was for me doable in 1st or 2nd lap. Please note that I am racing for years (only/mostly gamepad) and the main point here with hatchbacks for really fast times (at least for me), was to use handbrake on 90 degree turns and get close to the barriers, as that way you are skimming time nicely. 
For A Wheely Good Time :gold:, my best suggestion is to go as wide as possible and break even a bit earlier so you could bullet yourself better, as otherwise I found myself, loosing just enough speed to be few tenths slower then set time. On last lap, i was 1second faster. 

Now back to FF VII, as I get so bored while grinding for platinum here (That's another point, all the 100% lists are messed up now, as they decided to release trophies just now, guess in next month or so it will be easier to reach top 10 spot for fastest achiever) 

• Like 1

On 16-4-2020 at 3:17 PM, LordRandom85 said:

Yes, on all my tries I set up 5 laps races, and I got the objective on lap 2 or 3. There"ll be a small notification on the left of the sceen, and right after that, the trophy will pop.

You're right, you can retire from the event and the Objective will have registered. I've added that to the guide.

23 hours ago, KirekkusuPT said:

I'm just missing the A Wheely Good Time

For me it's the hardest by far, I'm missing the time by 2 seconds...

19 hours ago, JOHNTHEDESTROYR said:

If it would help I can add videos to the guide. It's a shame the game doesn't allow for ghost cars to be used.

22 hours ago, bartne said:

Are you playing with a wheel? I do, i only tune the car when it spins out every time with little input. Base setup is fine in my opinion (medium AI). The ford gt40 was a nightmare, tuned it a bit and every assist at max. Barely won. Normally abs 1, tc 0,  sc 0. 

I play with a pad. The basic middle-of-the-road setup is usually fine but I like to tinker with it so cars handle a bit better. And, yeah, no setup really helps me drive the GT40 fast; it's by far the most unstable car in the game. I think I just lowered the difficulty for those races after failing to come to grips with the car.

15 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Keep in mind people like to brag about how they had no trouble with stuff when in actuality they probably did. 

You're probably right, steel6burgh. I consider it easy relative to the fastest lap time you can possibly set on those courses, and for the fact racing lines, flashback etc. are allowed. The Gold trophies are definitely way harder than the Bronze, though.

Thanks for the comments and added tips, all.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 1

I’ll post my sector times for the “Wheelie good time” challenge as a reference:

1st sector:

24.3 (successful lap)

24.1 (personal best time)

2nd sector:

37.8 (best overall time in this sector)

3rd sector:

38.3 (successful lap)

38.1 (personal best time)

Final successful time was 1.40.411.

The key is the 2nd sector where in my successful attempt I shaved half a second from my previous best time. Then if you’re short a few tenths in final sector you can abuse rewinds.

I had all aids to max and following setup:

Gear ratio +2 , Springs -1, Dampers -1, anti-roll +2, Brake 0.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:34 AM, bartne said:

Gear Ratio +1

Springs +2

Anti-roll +2

Brake Bias 0

These are the settings that worked for me, though I should add, the "professional" approach did not work no matter how many laps I tried. I was taking corners carefully, gradually pressing the brake and feathering the accelerator, but my lap times were nearly 1.5 seconds slower than the trophy requires. The moment I started hard braking halfway through the dark red part of the racing line, my times dropped by nearly 2 seconds. My final time was 1:40.36.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, fadingtrails said:

The nine DLC trophies are all offline and unmissable. Like the "9 new trophies next week" topic says, they're all about "beating pre-set lap times with certain track and car combinations."

Here's some additional information about the best way to go about unlocking these, including car setups for the ones I've beaten so far. They aren't very difficult, insofar as there's a lot of leeway (in terms of the ultimate obtainable lap time) and you're allowed to use assists, even flashbacks.

The Objectives mentioned in the trophy descriptions can be found in the Player Profile menu. They can be achieved through career but if you just want to try for them straightaway, the best way to do it is by doing custom races in Free Play. Time Attack also works for most of these trophies - point-to-point races aren't available - but the game is more strict about track limits in this mode. So you want to do a race at the required track with no AI cars present. Choose to do a rolling rather than a standing start to have a better chance of beating the objective in your first lap.

Some more info:

• The DLC cars are all found under the Seasons Vehicle Category
  • Laps done in Hot Lap Qualifying won't count
  • If your lap timer turns red it means your lap's been invalidated
  • The trophies will unlock as soon as you beat the lap time
  • The Objective will show onscreen as being completed at the same time
  • For the Objective to register, though, you'll have to either 'Retire' from the session or complete it and quit to the main menu

I should add that setups are based on personal preference to an extent, though you can't really argue about Gear Ratios.

DLC Trophy Pack 1 - Season 1

Vehicle Class: Super Hatches

High Altitude:bronze:

04:11.700

Track: Okutama Sprint - Mizu Mountain (point-to-point)

Car: Audi S1 Quattro Concept

Recommended setup: leave all values in the middle

Delta Time :silver:

01:38.000

Track: Shanghai - Waibaidu Way

Car: Lancia Delta HF Integrale

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll 0

Brake Bias -1

Fast for a Hatchback :gold:

01:52.600

Track: Havana - Paseo de Marti

Car: MINI Hatch JCW

You're free to do this one in Time Attack. Havana being a street circuit means you don't have to worry about being penalized for track limits.

Gear Ratio +1

Springs 0

Dampers 0

Anti-roll 0

Brake Bias 0

DLC Trophy Pack 2 - Season 2

Vehicle Class: Track Day GT

British Heritage :bronze:

01:53.200

Track: Silverstone - GP Circuit

Car: Brabham BT62

Gear Ratio -2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Burning Rubber :silver:

01:54.300

Track: Sepang International Circuit - Full Track

Car: Ferrari FXX

Gear Ratio -2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Gear Ratio +1

Springs +2

Anti-roll +2

Brake Bias 0

DLC Trophy Pack 3 - Season 3

Vehicle Class: Track Day Hypercars

Gone in a Flash :bronze:

01:47.800

Track: Okutama - GP Circuit

Car: Koenigsegg Agera RS

Gear Ratio -2

Springs 0

Dampers 0

Anti-roll 0

Brake Bias 0

Painting the Track Red :silver:

01:25.600

Track: Indianapolis - Sport Circuit

Car: Ferrari FXX-K Evo

Flights to Catch :gold:

00:41.800

Track: Suzuka Circuit - East Course

Car: Koenigsegg Jesko

Amazing advice. Thankyou 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, qube12 said:

OFMG. WHat about the Jersko one. A Wheely Good Time GOT It 3rd time... But I can't get the Flights to Catch. I give up...

I got the jersko one fairly easy. Luckily its a shorter lap time so makes you wanna try and beat it but my god im bout 3 seconds behind a wheely good time one