Here's the lowdown on the DLC trophies

fadingtrails

While I appreciate your guide for the trophies, your setup for Flights to Catch was not right at all. I set up the Koenigsegg to your settings and struggled getting a 41 second lap time as the car would spin out and was prone to oversteer. I watched a different video on YouTube where the individual left the settings to default and I got the trophy first time as the car doesn't drift or spin out as easily.

Sector times:
Sector 1 - 0.09:141
Sector 2 - 0.24.752
Sector 3 - 0:41:542

I didn't bother with the other setting suggestions except the British Heritage trophy in which your settings got me 1:49:686 so thanks!

Now I can't do the Aston Martin challenge.....best is 1:41:900 which I had ABS, Traction Control and Stability all at 5. These are my best times for each sector:

Sector 1: 0:24:500
Sector 2: 1:02:500 

Based on successful trophy videos I've seen, these times are consistent with other players but it's the third and final sector that messes me up. I've tinkered so much with settings but can't find one that works....I honestly think maybe I brake too hard and drift through corners but then I don't see how taking them the 'professional' way is possible to achieve the time. Maybe there's a little too much oversteer that causes drifting and loss of time....idk....I really fucking hate Codemasters. This is the final game I ever buy from them and they should've been banished after PS1 days.

If anyone has any other suggestions for the Wheelie trophy, feel free to post. I'm also happy to provide some suggestions for the other trophies as I didn't find them that challenging apart from the Flights to Catch one which took about 10-20 minutes. 

Edited by thedarkness91

13 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

Now I can't do the Aston Martin challenge.....best is 1:41:900 which I had ABS, Traction Control and Stability all at 5. These are my best times for each sector:

Hi. There's not really a right or wrong when it comes to setup. What works is going to depend on your driving style.

I would suggest lowering assists gradually; try to do consistent laps and see if your time improves. Lowering Traction Control seems to let people find the most lap time.

Edit: I did it! 

This trophy is a fucking dick. But I finally did it....I honestly tried multiple settings and tinkered for hours and the best I could do was 1:40:717 or in the late 1:40s! Some say you shouldn't drive with the ABS, Traction Control or Stability Control on but this makes the Aston Martin uncontrollable and a complete over-steering drift machine. Nevertheless, I persevered and found a good setup to go fast:

Tuning:
Gear Ratio and Brake Bias on Default, Springs and Dampers on Softest and Anti-Rol Bar one firmer than Default.

Gameplay Options:
Transmission on Manual Sequential, ABS on 4, Traction- and Stability Control on 0.

Don't be afraid to hit the first wall at the end of the fast starting section. My sector times were around low 0:24s, 1:01 and then 1:40:511. I spent a good 40 minutes rewinding the final corner to get the right braking and accelerating strategy!

Edited by thedarkness91
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Coming off doing Split/Second's time trials, these are a cakewalk in comparison as you have room for error here unlike in Split/Second where you need to be absolutely perfect. Got all of them within 1-3 laps with, I felt like, many small mistakes and slow corners and I still got 2-3 seconds under the required time. As long as you get a clean lap in with no major mistakes, you'll pretty much get under the times easily for 8 out of 9 of these. 

The only one that's any challenge whatsoever is A Wheely Good Time, that took a solid 15 laps to get it and a lot of that was just me getting readjusted to the controls and physics after not playing this game since launch and trying to find where this game's edge is. The key I found was don't hit the brakes at all except for the 4 obvious tight corners where you need to and you can get to the first big braking zone flat out to there from the start line and make up a bunch of time. Don't be afraid to bounce off that outside wall either when you get to that braking zone, you'll still make good time as long as you don't ride it for too long which will slow you down. Then it's pretty much just hitting the apex's of the other 3 major braking zones and finessing the throttle around the smaller turns, put it altogether and you'll get under the time. Challenging? A little bit but very much doable with some practice and the right approach. 

Even more doable if you abuse the replay feature which I totally forgot this game had until after I got these done. Replay each corner until you get it perfect and it should be quite easy I'd imagine. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 2