Journey online question

wackt1

The online is a passive affair with no private lobbies or an invite system of any kind, thus all you can do is wait for the game to randomly drop another person into your current location. Boosting is a nightmare, due to the random nature of the matchmaking so all you can do is make sure you and your friend enter the same map at the exact same time and pray you get matched up.

• Like 1

You can emote to your partner to try and figure out if you're actually paired with eachother (since there's no in-game indicator for player names). Also, you need to stay relatively close to your partner or they will disappear from your game.

• Like 2

Yeah, I helped someone out with this and our indicator was that he stops still and I walked around him in a circle while mediating. It was pretty amusing to say the least! xD

Anyways, I imagine boosting this will be a difficult chore for the time being since there will be a lot of new players. You can do this with randoms; just stay close to each other and make sure you finish the level within a few seconds of each other. You'll likely have to play at the beat of their drum instead of your own pace which means you'll likely need a separate playthrough for collectables unless you are lucky and have someone else who enjoys following you. You should be able to gauge it early on.

After you beat the game, you'll see a list of players that joined you. That's the only time you'll see it.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried for this trophy a few times now with randoms and we start off well but I always get to the end of the level where the characters sit down to meditate and then the other player never gets up to continue.

At first I thought the other player was just being a dick but I'm starting to think it's a bug.

Edited by reiner-

A few tips if you're having trouble connecting with people...

If you see a white glow at the edge of your screen, that's another player.  Turn toward it and you should see them.

A good place to meet up with people is in Broken Bridge, the first area after chapter select.  From the starting point, go down to the left where

Spoiler

the glowing symbol

is between some rocks.  Don't activate any of the bridge banners.  This will put you at the perfect distance for other players entering the area.  You should see someone pop up near the first banner to activate the bridge.

At the end of the chapter, if the second player sits down after you, their cutscene will be a bit delayed and they'll still be watching it after you regain control of your character.  If they don't get up right away, just be patient.  This is a good way to get your Reflection trophy too.

• Like 2