Dancing minigame + cross-dress scene: cringe or no? [POLL]

JoaLoft

Dancing minigame + cross-dress scene: cringy, out of place, or neither?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Did the dancing minigame and cross-dress scene feel out of place to you or make you cringe?

• Some or all of it feels out of place.
    • So cringeworthy.
    • Neither.

• 1 month later...

I did cringe but it was more of giggle I can't believe it type of thing they did. I actually really love the cross dressing Cloud. I got to admit Cloud make one really good looking girl lol. I did know about it being in the old version but never got around to play it. I own it but I never got the time to sit down and play it. One day I'll play it. But I really liking it :D.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

wall market is an absolute dump. everything from the music to the layout is making my brain hurt. I can't speak for the dancing stuff not there yet. i died to the fat chocobo when he had like 2% health, cross-slash during a stagger and he just flattened me with his giant ass and aerith got swarmed by a thousand adds. uhh

hating the area so far. but i've had a long tiring day with minimal sleep so my judgement is also a bit off ;)

other then this my only problem with the game is everything leaves me wanting more, more interesting stories, more exploration, everything seems so easy all the time too, except for 1 encounter there or 1 specific boss. it's ok though.

On 14/07/2020 at 6:02 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Chapter 9 was easily the best chapter in the game. The dancing mini-game was a great addition. And although Don Corneo always picked Cloud, we did get 3 different scenes with Aerith's dresses

I'm still deciding if I really enjoyed the chapter or not. My first playthrough I was a little disappointed because I was pretty pumped for Wall Market and it kind of fell flat for me. Subsequent playthroughs for all the dresses didn't really help things, though the dancing mini game was an odd but amusing inclusion and seeing Aerith walk up towards Don Corneo's for the first time (it was the red dress) was an amazing sight. Again, still undecided on the chapter, but here I am with the Wall Market music playing in my head and this sudden urge to replay the game once more

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 4:02 AM, JoaLoft said:

Here's an interesting question: what do you think of the light-hearted cross-dress sequence, which helps break up the dark tone of the game's overall story?

For newcomers: the cross-dress scene is not new. It was included in the original game back in 1997, and had multiple outcomes. However, they elaborated more on this sequence in the remake and also added a dancing minigame at the Honeybee Inn.

Now, I've been seeing comments and remarks over at a certain person's channel and social media (who shall remain nameless) where I read and heard opinions that they find this whole sequence to feel out of place and even make them cringe, going so far as to call people who approve of this sort of thing as "beta cucks". At this point, I thought: "screw it, let's open a poll over at PSN Profiles and ask the community what they think." I attached a poll, feel free to tell us what you think about this part in the remake? And just for context, perhaps it's best to add whether or not you played the original.

I played the original FF7 multiple times over the last 20 years. Didn't feel out of place back then, still doesn't feel out of place. If anything, it's just innocent witty humor, having a mercenary infiltrate a sex-crazed don's hideout, dressed as a beautiful woman. Nothing offensive or strange about it, and I don't even mind the new dancing minigame at all, Not sure if Cloud would actually pull off those dance moves so willingly after being reluctant about the whole thing, but aside from that: it's fine.

Makes me genuinely think that guys who took personal offence to this, suffer from low self-esteem.

Edit: I changed the poll and started fresh, to make a clear distinction between the options.

They knocked the Wall Market part in the remake out of the park.  The whole sequence was perfect.  Someone already mentioned that the original was comedic in parts, and this is when l feel they started putting that in the game.  

Also my favorite lines of funny dialogue during this part:

Shopkeeper to Johnny:

"Your friends fought... a house."

Cloud (about his dress):

"Yeah l know.  Killed it.  Let's move on."

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Brevity