Go for the gold?

Bos10George

Does siding with the Foundation or Crater for this mission lower the reputation for the side you don't choose? If you have done this mission please let everyone know.

The big hold out for 100% seems to be the factions. If I am going to take a big hit for siding with someone, I'd rather wait until the trophy pops.

This question completely missed the mark apparently.

When doing Go for the Gold you choose a faction to help you. I am asking, for anyone that has completed the mission, does choosing a faction to help complete this mission lower your reputation with the other faction?

FYI, You do not need to make a separate account. You can just do dailies to raise rep for both factions.

Edited by Bos10George

The game is still a glitchy broken piece of crap. Be warned once you do the buried treasure mission Ra Ra will likely vanish and not open one of the doors for you rendering the mission unable to complete.  Bethesda won't even agree there's an issue but yet again its the "console" that's causing it not the broken game. It's all over reddit and youtube that many people are finding tonnes of bugs in this mission. Only fix is a restart but you wont get your ammo or stims back. Waiting for a patch might be the best thing, though I'm sure they'll break something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optimus1_99 said:

The game is still a glitchy broken piece of crap. Be warned once you do the buried treasure mission Ra Ra will likely vanish and not open one of the doors for you rendering the mission unable to complete.  Bethesda won't even agree there's an issue but yet again its the "console" that's causing it not the broken game. It's all over reddit and youtube that many people are finding tonnes of bugs in this mission. Only fix is a restart but you wont get your ammo or stims back. Waiting for a patch might be the best thing, though I'm sure they'll break something else.

same thing for me. I also can't complete becketts storyline because it's basically softlocked. wasted a shitton of stims and ammo for nothing.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, LaneBoyGoner said:

Damn. But can you still increase your bonds with both factions even if you have sided with one?

Yes, although it'll take around month since the only method is to do daily quests which (unless they added more since I last played) there are only 3 (one for each faction and an additional one given by the robot in the overseers house where you need to take some photos, you can give the photos to one of the factions for rep)

On 4/19/2020 at 5:40 AM, Bos10George said:

This question completely missed the mark apparently.

When doing Go for the Gold you choose a faction to help you. I am asking, for anyone that has completed the mission, does choosing a faction to help complete this mission lower your reputation with the other faction?

FYI, You do not need to make a separate account. You can just do dailies to raise rep for both factions.

There are two story lines each with separate trophies depending on Which quest line you follow while it’s entirely possible to get Max reputation for both factions no matter which side you take it will save you a lot of time to just focus on one faction and then do the other faction on a different character as When finishing The final quest you have a choice to make for who to share the gold With Which in this case you should share it with faction that you did the quest line with that way you have less  reputation You you have to build up By doing dailies Which in the end you’ll save you some time so there is no point in worrying about both faction reputations on one character/Quest Play through  But no I don’t believe it does but it’s been a while since I’ve done it so then again maby it does But there still is no reason to worry about it since you have to do two Play throughs  anyways

Edited by Redninja-222
  • Like 2