This or ps3 version?

Kiyan-13

I already have a physical copy of ps3 version and since this came on ps4 with Vanquish, which I don't like from what I have seen, I'm not gonna buy it on ps4. I'm thinking about playing it on ps3 or maybe I can buy it digitally to play it on ps4 and keeping my ps3 copy for collecting purposes, but I really hate buying things that don't fulfill their purpose.

I'm leaning towards playing it on ps3, but I'm not sure. Except graphics and FPS, is there a reason why you would prefer ps4 version in my case?

Edited by Kiyan-13

Load times are significantly shorter on PS4.  Definitely get it on PS4.

Oh and Vanquish is probably the best cover shooter of the last decade.  Unless you don't like 3rd person shooters at all it's totally worth playing.  That said getting the plat on is very difficult.

• Like 3

The PS3 version is by far the worst version of this game. It's plagued with framerate issues (not low frame rate, inconsistencies like dropping frames) and looks overall pretty bad. The only reason to play it is if you have no other choice, or are a big fan of the series and really want the plat. It has ruined the series for a lot of people to this day. Definitely go for the PS4 version.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 4

I guess I'll be probably buying the digital version for ps4 and keep my physical ps3 copy. But I'm gonna give a try first, offline and without syncing it with my account.

9 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Get Vanquish too, it's one of the best TPS ever created. But the platinum is hard.

I don't care about games' difficulties, as long as they are not shamefully easy, but I'm not really sure about Vanquish... I know it has excellent reviews from critics and gamers but I don't really like what I see. I might consider it in the future when my backlog gets smaller.

About buying them on ps4 as bundle, I generally like bundles but only if the included games are part of the same series. I know this is made by the same developer, but it really seems like an odd bundle to me. Even if I change my mind and play Vanquish I'm still not gonna buy them as a bundle.

Edited by Kiyan-13

8 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Even if I change my mind and play Vanquish I'm still not gonna buy them as a bundle.

Why tho, it's not like them are in a single "game". You'll just get a two separate games with a bundle discount. Not something like Spyro or Crash, where it's 3 in 1 type of thing.

I am talking about digital, of course.

Edited by Akrioz

13 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Why tho, it's not like them are in a single "game". You'll just get a two separate games with a bundle discount. Not something like Spyro or Crash, where it's 3 in 1 type of thing.

I am talking about digital, of course.

I don't like buying digital games, I only do that when there is no physical option in English. That's why I said I won't be buying them on ps4 as a bundle and why I'm hesitating to buy Bayonetta on ps4.

Edited by Kiyan-13

• 10 months later...

I own the PS3 version of this game and I haven't experienced the sort of trouble a lot of other people describe. Or at least not to the same degree, I've suffered some long loading times when skipping cutscenes at times. And I have had a few instances of inputs seemingly not inputting correctly. In general, the re-release of most games is usually better. You're better off playing the PS4 version of the game, I would expect it to run a lot smoother on the current generation consoles. Can anyone tell me if they made some quality of life improvements to the PS4 version? Like did Platinum Games put in an option to restart an Alfheim challenge by pausing and hitting a restart option? Or perhaps a way to keep track of all collectibles in a level?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 27/02/2021 at 10:46 PM, James_Tonto said:

I own the PS3 version of this game and I haven't experienced the sort of trouble a lot of other people describe.

Pretty much my experience whenever people warn me about "games with dogshit performance" on the PS3. 

Every single time I ended up not having any issues. I've 100% Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim and Bayonetta with only minor issues like the occasional frame drops despite many claiming they were bad/awful ports. They make me feel as if I had the best ps3 ever. 

Hell, for F3 after getting all the trophies I decided to explore and collect everything in order to have my savefile go over 13mb and get corrupted like people were warning... Ended up with a fully functioning 16mb save and no issues. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
  • Like 2

Yeah I played the game back when it was released on the PS3, it looked worst than the xbox version, the loading times were longer and they were some annoying frame drops throughout the game, that being said I still had a very fun time with it.

Haven't played the PS4 version, but from what I've seen, it seems to be the better version to play the game on Sony Consoles.

• 7 months later...