Question about chapter select

Montyzu

Do I need to complete the chapter for the game to save what I got? For example if I start Chapter 9 go to the colloseum and complete all fights that I missed will I need to finish the chapter or can I just do the fights and start another chapter?

Uhm, I don't think you need to complete the chapter for every reason. I mean, you have to for the bridal outfits, as the decisions carry over chapters, but I played chapter 14 dor two music discs I was missing and quit just after getting the second one and they saved...

If you want to save a choice like tifa dress for example you do need to finish the chapter. However if you go to get a weapon or a collisseum battle when you done you can switch chapter and keep the remaining. Hope it help !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, phunkyphenomenon said:

@WindQC @Nitemares-----  Hi, if I want to try getting the Gotterdammerung first, I can just exit Chapter 17 once I've gotten it and the game will save the accessory and the Shinra Combat Simulator challenges I've completed, right?

Yeah, that's what I did and it saved my progress and the accessory. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, Nitemares----- said:

You keep EXP, AP, Items, Combat Simulator / Colosseum completion and rewards, you don't have to finish the chapter.

If you want to save quests, choices for the dress and special scenes then you do. 

The Chapter 14 Resolutions are an exception to this.  I triggered Barrets resolution and then just chaper selected back to the chapter I was currently at in hard mode.  Still shows it in my log.  Works the same with assessments too.