Trophies that ALMOST made you quit Platinuing the Game

MarcusPunisher

Basically what the topic says. Share your stories here on what trophy almost stopped you from getting the platinum in the game. I have 2 that always come to my mind. 

Resident Evil 6: I was going through the game with no trouble, only thinking that Mad Skillz trophy would be a tedious grind, but I thought I hit the wall where you have to complete all 4 campaign on Professional Mode in Jake's story Chapter 2. It's the part where Ustanak is chasing you towards the end and you are required to do a sequence of QTE to open 3 doors before he gets you. I played as Jake having Sherry as my AI. No matter how fast I would try to do the QTE, Sherry would always get stuck behind the last door where Ustanak would one shot her. At one point, I was trying to go so fast that I almost broke the analog stick. Plugging a second controller was not an option and I thought for sure I was done platinuing. It was until I found a FAQ section where people shared the same problem and one comment suggested to switch to Sherry in that chapter and Jake's AI should have no problem following you. I tried that and it worked on my first try. It seemed that Sherry's AI is bugged on higher difficulty in this chapter, while Jake had no problem at all. I was so glad I go through it and managed to platinum the whole game.

Persona 5: This is a very long game to platinum in the first place so imagine my frustration when I hit the infamous platinum stopper in a trophy called Golden Finger where it requires you to complete all video games in the story. Everything seems pretty smooth, until the last level of Power Intuition, where you are required to do a long combo on your D-pad. Seems pretty simple enough, until you realize that the buttons don't register properly with your input and it requires a God level of precision. This trophy really tested my patience and if the developers simply included an analog stick as an option, it would have been much simpler. It took me at least 20 tries before I finally managed to get through and Persona 5 still to this day remains as one of my most proudest platinum. 

Black Ops 3: Personal Decorator. The two hardest tasks that needed to be done included beating the campaign on Realistic and earning a score of 35,000 in the Training Simulator (must be done on Realistic), but there were plenty of other difficult tasks like beating every mission on Veteran without using a checkpoint, completing all the campaign challenges, and a couple more. And this was all for ONE trophy. The Training Simulator is what took me the longest, I had to grind that out for a week before I finally got it. Who knew a Call of Duty platinum would be so difficult

Super Meat Boy

The game isn't all that short with all the stuff it has you doing. The later no death runs is perhaps the most difficult task I ever had to do in the over 25 years I've been gaming.

Took several months break between trophies. Doing everything in under a month would of killed me literally. Impossible Boy is still a massive challenge, I get goosebumps just thinking about my near death encounters, trust me I had a LOT of those when going for that trophy.

Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1 frustrated me a little, but it doesn't come close to the pain and frustration I had to deal with in Super Meat Boy. I almost threw in the towel, but I couldn't bear seeing it unfinished so I sucked it up and got the platinum from sheer effort.

• Like 1

Deflowered from Drakengard 3.  That final stage is some malarkey.  It's a rhythm section in a game that's hack'n'slash and a rail shooters.  There's some lag.  The camera man gets bored about halfway through and starts wondering around.  There are two more notes after the screen fades to black.  And it has to be perfect.