Game keeps crashing!

mich930

I have followed the latest guide by Maka on YouTube but the game crashes at the aquarium.  After a few tries, disconnecting from the internet, I finally reached the ending but only got 3 trophies. I noticed some people got the platinum recently despite the games issues. Any advice anyone please?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mich930 said:

I have followed the latest guide by Maka on YouTube but the game crashes at the aquarium.  After a few tries, disconnecting from the internet, I finally reached the ending but only got 3 trophies. I noticed some people got the platinum recently despite the games issues. Any advice anyone please?

mine crashed at the aquarium so i tried again and then it crashed at the incubator. i cant be arsed to keep trying this so unless there is a fix im just going to stop playing

Yes my game glitched crashed and just plain lost progress several times going for this Plat. A number of times, the terrain just disappeared, meaning my Cyclops would be under the map. It would then reappear as I surfaced and would break my Cyclops because it was colliding with the floor... I enjoyed the game for the most part and enjoyed the mechanics and building outposts for myself but I was glad once I got the plat and haven't been back since.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You got lucky. This game, crashed and glitched multiple times when I went for the Platinum :(.

Sometimes I think games can crash cause of how many games have been downloaded already or perhaps something downloading in the background or multiple apps opened in the background. Could it be any of those things? I always make sure my PS isn’t “overloaded” with games etc. just in case.

3 hours ago, Malachen said:

Yes my game glitched crashed and just plain lost progress several times going for this Plat. A number of times, the terrain just disappeared, meaning my Cyclops would be under the map. It would then reappear as I surfaced and would break my Cyclops because it was colliding with the floor... I enjoyed the game for the most part and enjoyed the mechanics and building outposts for myself but I was glad once I got the plat and haven't been back since.

Oh, yes, the map not loading quick enough happened to me a lot too, it was always in the red grass area (somewhere East if I remember correctly) and the Creepvine area nearby. It didn’t really bother me as I knew where to go.

Edited by LoveInHell

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Sometimes I think games can crash cause of how many games have been downloaded already or perhaps something downloading in the background or multiple apps opened in the background. Could it be any of those things? I always make sure my PS isn’t “overloaded” with games etc. just in case.

Oh, yes, the map not loading quick enough happened to me a lot too, it was always in the red grass area (somewhere East if I remember correctly) and the Creepvine area nearby. It didn’t really bother me as I knew where to go.

My Hard Drive had over 200gb free at the time and nothing else running in the background so space and memory weren't an issue. This game is just badly optimised for consoles but the devs have long since abandoned it so they can focus on the far superior PC original.

I deleted the game, reinstalled  it, turned off the internet and was able to get to the end but no trophies except beating the game and lanuching the rocket. Sigh.... I have since found another guide which I followed to the letter and when I got to the third PDA no trophy. I started a fresh game and still no trophy at the same PDA. My head hurts from this game!

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2020 at 0:07 AM, mich930 said:

I deleted the game, reinstalled  it, turned off the internet and was able to get to the end but no trophies except beating the game and lanuching the rocket. Sigh.... I have since found another guide which I followed to the letter and when I got to the third PDA no trophy. I started a fresh game and still no trophy at the same PDA. My head hurts from this game!

I imagine it's the same guide I've been trying but same, no trophies popping for me after loading back in either