Fallout 76 is very difficult

EDURICE

im lvl 40, i always die 3 or 4 times when i try to do everything on this game, i dont know if i am doing something wrong, i equip armours of my lvl, weapons of my lvl, i eat, i drink, but play this game is very tedious to me, now im trying to kill a lvl 17 robot to beat a quest, but he kill me all the time, any advices to play this game better?

• Like 1

I found this also, its manageable if you take your time but its clear that it's set up to do as a team. Once you move beyond the forest area it can be really bad. Humanoid enemies never seemed to be as bad but I found even the most basic of animal enemies were just bullet sponges

• Like 1

@EDURICE I don't know what you issue is for sure but. Make sure you have perk cards set up properly for whatever weapon you are using. If you have perks scattered into different weapon types then you need to focus on one main weapon and perks for that weapon type.

• Like 1

yes its all about the right perks. I went from not being able to do much of anything against higher level monsters to now i just hit lvl 100 and i can easily two shot a lvl 91 deathclaw. scorch beasts are not a pain in the ass anymore.

Just do a bit of research on builds and pick your favorite and start grinding to that goal. you  will start to see the difference before too long.

I mainly solo btw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hittheroadbucky said:

What kind of builds are you guys using? Or what would you consider the most useful perks? 1f914.png

high agility/sneak with bonuses for sneak damage/ + whichever weapon/s you use. myself i have points in luck as well for additional crit chance and mysterious stranger. when solo he can take the pressure off you for a vital moment

Edited by Gemini-JohnnyT
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

if the game isnt easier for you by lvl 100 than it's not the game. maybe you're not utilizing the best perk cards for combat. or taking advantage of how effective VATS can be. there is variety in perk cards for a reason. im not trying to brag or be disrespectful but i solo'd every quest by about lvl 70. i am not ashamed to be a fallout fan

couple things. for one, perk points into agility or more specific into sneak can save you or get you around encounters you cant handle yet. also, practice at VATS. the VATS in this fallout iteration is much more skill sensitive than the previous fallouts. but once your experienced and skilled then you can get headshots in VATS continually. my perk loadout combined sneak and weapon damage bonus so a sneak attack in VATS is devastating to enemies. and once your crit hit meter is full than you can optimize to use it at the right time

i fully spec'd into melee because it used to be good, then they nerfed melee. so my character became rubbish. no thanks

The problem is i couldn't find it in me the desire to get good at the game because it sucks ass so bad.  I will never buy another fallout game under any circumstance.  The game is ugly.  The enemies are stupid looking.  the control is clunky.  the missions are all fetch quests with little meaning.   The grind is way too long.  The combat is uninspiring.  Nothing I liked about this dreadful game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ve been doing a melee/rifle build but my agility was pretty low so I’ve been raising that up with my last few levels. I didn’t realise that special was capped at 50 though so I think I’ve ruined my character 1f602.png 

From 50 on you can reassign one special point every lvl.

• Like 1

The game is "hard" only if you don't read perks, make a coherent build and run towards ennemies screaming YOLO.

The game was easy at the beta and is even easier now, I'm playing melee, before wastlanders I played with 150 attk and used X01 armor but now I'm at 1500 attk (I often hit at 2k per hit and even 4k with critical) and about 450/400 defense right now (without X01, Powered armor are so useless now) and my build ain't even finished, I'll prolly reach 500-550 defense once my build will be finished with the right perks.

Just play bloodied or junky and u'll roll over the game, especially with the new armors (secret service armors)

TLDR : The game is hard if you play no-brain but is a cake if you take few minutes to think about a decent build with the good perks

Edited by MercureUnleashed
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

The game is "hard" only if you don't read perks, make a coherent build and run towards ennemies screaming YOLO.

The game was easy at the beta and is even easier now, I'm playing melee, before wastlanders I played with 150 attk and used X01 armor but now I'm at 1500 attk (I often hit at 2k per hit and even 4k with critical) and about 450/400 defense right now (without X01, Powered armor are so useless now) and my build ain't even finished, I'll prolly reach 500-550 defense once my build will be finished with the right perks.

Just play bloodied or junky and u'll roll over the game, especially with the new armors (secret service armors)

TLDR : The game is hard if you play no-brain but is a cake if you take few minutes to think about a decent build with the good perks

Even with a decent build the game is still frustrating. Mostly because of the stupid bullet sponge enemies. Terrible game design nothing more nothing less.

2 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Even with a decent build the game is still frustrating. Mostly because of the stupid bullet sponge enemies. Terrible game design nothing more nothing less.

Besides that, the only way to play this game IS melee and that's why you don't have any problems. A game with a terrible melee combat, which only way to play is melee combat. 

Edited by xDerErnst

That's not true. If you put your time to good use and do your research, automatic/non-automatic rifles and heavy weapons builds can be just as effective as melee. Provided that you take advantage of things like VATS, critical hits, stealth damage multiplier, mutations and use the right type of armour with the necessary legendary effects for your specific build.

Most people do not take advantage of those things and just randomly equip perks that provide you with more damage, health, carry weight etc. Grinding for LEGENDARIES is the easiest it's ever been and you get tons of EXP just by completing the new story missions.

If you roam around Appalachia with a non-legendary weapon (even legendaries later on) that you consider powerful but lack the perks to support it or have invested your special points into the wrong stats, don't question why you cannot kill an irradiated ghoul without dieing a bunch of times or why you don't stand a chance against a Yaoguai. What do you do when you face a Scortchbeast, a Sheepsquatch or a Mirelurk Queen? Let me guess, server hop until it's not there anymore?

On 4/17/2020 at 8:53 PM, EDURICE said:

im lvl 40, i always die 3 or 4 times when i try to do everything on this game, i dont know if i am doing something wrong, i equip armours of my lvl, weapons of my lvl, i eat, i drink, but play this game is very tedious to me, now im trying to kill a lvl 17 robot to beat a quest, but he kill me all the time, any advices to play this game better?

I understand I was the same way. You can't just go in and start shooting like Call of Duty or Fortnite lol. I had friends that taught me how to play. They got me the weapons and armor I needed that I wanted to use and told me what perk cards to get and use for my set up. It makes it a lot easier once you know how you want to play and get the gear and perks to help you with it.

They gave me a bloody build. lol I never knew what that was.

Keep at it. it is fun.

On 20/04/2020 at 7:03 PM, xDerErnst said:

Besides that, the only way to play this game IS melee and that's why you don't have any problems. A game with a terrible melee combat, which only way to play is melee combat. 

That's wrong on so many points, every enemies can be OS if you have a decent build (except the world bosses), there is no such thing as "bullet sponge enemies", melees aren't better than ranged, it's just a matter of builds and stuff, it takes 5minutes to find the informations of the best builds (if you can't create your own and theorycraft)

For those who don't know, unyielded + junkie (or bloodied) builds are overpowered.
Even more since secret service suit got released, you can basically be always invisible and deal tons of damage.

Once more : if you can't grind fallout76 solo and build an overpowered build by lvl100, it's not because of the game, it's your lack of knowledge about this game, nothing more, nothing less.

11 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

That's wrong on so many points, every enemies can be OS if you have a decent build (except the world bosses), there is no such thing as "bullet sponge enemies", melees aren't better than ranged, it's just a matter of builds and stuff, it takes 5minutes to find the informations of the best builds (if you can't create your own and theorycraft)

For those who don't know, unyielded + junkie (or bloodied) builds are overpowered.
Even more since secret service suit got released, you can basically be always invisible and deal tons of damage.

Once more : if you can't grind fallout76 solo and build an overpowered build by lvl100, it's not because of the game, it's your lack of knowledge about this game, nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, I don't have an issue with dealing damage, I use a heavy weapon melee build and can kill anything no problem. My problem is that this is the only real way to play unless you have legendary weapons with proper stats. Plus the melee combat, aswell as the combat overall is just terrible. That was already the case in fallout 4 but at least you had vats to counter this, which is absolute garbage in 76. Ignoring the fact that you constantly run out of ammo unless you stock up with thousands of rounds which make the combat laggy as fuck your weapons still break and you have to find a work bench first to properly repair them. That's unless you pay for microtransactions or farm the boring as fuck scorchbeast queen fight. The gameplay is litteraly made to frustrate you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

Like I said, I don't have an issue with dealing damage, I use a heavy weapon melee build and can kill anything no problem. My problem is that this is the only real way to play unless you have legendary weapons with proper stats. Plus the melee combat, aswell as the combat overall is just terrible. That was already the case in fallout 4 but at least you had vats to counter this, which is absolute garbage in 76. Ignoring the fact that you constantly run out of ammo unless you stock up with thousands of rounds which make the combat laggy as fuck your weapons still break and you have to find a work bench first to properly repair them. That's unless you pay for microtransactions or farm the boring as fuck scorchbeast queen fight. The gameplay is litteraly made to frustrate you.

VATS is much more a "skill" combat option now than the previous f/o games. you have to be at least proficient with it for VATS to be an effective tool of combat. but once you are, then potentially master it, then its devastating against enemies (and humans if you end up in pvp). you probably need to hone your skill a bit more. btw, i carry "no" melee weapons. i go solo with nothing but firearms. i have no issues with ammo since i carry 5 weapons around. if you're running out of ammo you are probably relying on only 1 or 2 weapons. also, there are perk cards to repair your weapons "beyond" %100 repair condition,  as well as a card to have weapons wear down more slowly