I can’t get this game (it’s locked)

harleybee

I can’t get this game (as said in the title) because in my library it has this little white lock on it. When I try to start it it always says “Cannot use the content. To use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store.” I do that, it appears, and... it has no button to buy it. Doesn’t say “free.” Doesn’t say “$__,” nope, just doesn’t have a button. Can somebody tell me how to solve this please?

1 hour ago, harleybee said:

in my library it has this little white lock on it. Can somebody tell me how to solve this please?

Try this:

On your main PS4 menu, go to SETTINGS, then ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT and finally ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4.

Make sure the account that "purchased" the content is activated. If this doesn't fix it, you may just need to refresh the license.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Try this:

On your main PS4 menu, go to SETTINGS, then ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT and finally ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4.

Make sure the account that "purchased" the content is activated. If this doesn't fix it, you may just need to refresh the license.

Nope, neither worked. I have an account on my PlayStation that does have The Playroom though, maybe I need to activate my PS4 as primary for that account? I kinda doubt it though, I have had The Playroom for longer than that account has been on my PS4.

11 hours ago, harleybee said:

I have an account on my PlayStation that does have The Playroom though, maybe I need to activate my PS4 as primary for that account?

The account that purchased the content would need your PS4 set to primary if you intent to play it with a different account.

Edited by Helyx

10 hours ago, quadboy_007 said:

Maybe you just need to restore licenses? What does it say when u try to start the game?

When I try to start the game it says “Cannot use content. Purchase it from the PlayStation Store to use it” or some thing like that

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

The account that purchased the content would need your PS4 set to primary if you intent to play it with a different account.

I doubt it because I’m pretty sure it’s been there before that account was even on my PS4, but I could try

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

Actually I checked every account on my PS4 and it doesn’t appear in the “purchased” part of the library, it only appears in the “games” part

Thing is I can’t get it in the store cause there is no purchase button for it

Edited by harleybee

Are you sure you dont have it downloaded already? Possibly buried in an obscure folder?

It's been a long time since I touched playroom, but I dont remember having to buy or even download it.  I think it was just there already when I bought the console.

Did you try to restore licenses?

Select icon_settings.png (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].

Isn't this a pre installed game? Or do you actually need to download it from the store (don't really remember). But restoring licenses 'should' resolve a problem like this.

1 hour ago, quadboy_007 said:

Did you try to restore licenses?

Select icon_settings.png (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].

Isn't this a pre installed game? Or do you actually need to download it from the store (don't really remember). But restoring licenses 'should' resolve a problem like this.

Already tried it, doesn’t work

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:13 AM, harleybee said:

Guess I’m never getting any trophies on this game...

Unless you own a PS Eye camera, you cannot earn them.  I don't own one thus I will have to hide or delete the game from my library. It shouldn't be locked though, as its part of the PS4 system, a bit like Playstation Home was once or Singstar on the PS3.  Surprised its locked for you.