(Potential spoilers) How would you rate the difficulty of this plat?

The trophy guide has it at 5 and I’m probably just bad but I feel like it’s at least a 6. Some of the boss encounters on normal were already somewhat challenging and then you get hard and they add even more stuff on top of those hard encounters (hell house for example) and then the mini game trophies are for the most part no joke at all (especially the pull-ups). And the final shinra simulator challenge was also pretty difficult. I haven’t finished the game on hard yet but I beat the first 10 chapters and then got the accessory that gives you a free limit break from beating Pride and joy so I think I should be close.

But back to the original question what would YOU rate the difficulty out of 10 and why?

34 minutes ago, ZandatsuRising said:

With NG+ I had no problems at all.  For me it was only a 3/10.

The good thing about hard diff is that it forces you to play it right. 

I think we’re just using different scales. For me (and I believe most people) a 3/10 is a game like HZD or spiderman. But what would you rate those kind of games on your scale? I feel like they’re way easier than this one as there’s no difficulty requirement and you aren’t « forced to play it right » so a 2/10 would be too close and a 1/10 is a game that literally gives you the platinum like a Telltale game.

37 minutes ago, DemonicDraco said:

A 3, maybe a 4 at best the hardest thing is pull ups but I think most people can probably do it if they keep trying. None of the fights should be that hard if you master hp and mp up materias and conserve mp for healing and raising. Honestly I expect this plat to be relatively common.

I don’t think rarity really tells the story of difficulty, it does to some extent but it also tells the story of how dedicated the player base is to challenge themselves. Games like HZD and Bloodborne have the same rarity on PSN (5.9%) despite being worlds apart in term of challenge because Bloodborne players are much more dedicated to the game. I’ve been on a final fantasy discord and it seems literally everyone there is going for the plat on this, trophy hunter or not. Whereas I’m also on a Borderlands 3 discord (with a 3/10 plat) but almost noone has it 7 months after launch.

HZD and Spider-man are 1/10 anyone that actually wants the trophies or just wants to do the side content gets those plats..

Rarity can also depend on far from "normal" gameplay you have to deviate to obtain all the trophies DCUO doesn't have hard trophies and they arent even super grindy.. but most people just arnt gonna get 6 characters across 2 factions,3 movement modes and 6 mentors to level 30. Unless they are doing it for trophies..

• Like 1

Yeah a 3 personally being an 1 a visual novel and 2 David Cage games or objectively a 5 in the sense everyone can achieve it without much experience or extreme effort should be right. Personally I didn't know about the limit on start of battle and regeneration accesory and I first completed the hard playthrough and left the challenges for last just to have something to do after the game is done. The order in which  you make things, especially this one will probably make hard difficulty a breeze, but even without it, it was even easier than normal due to your experience about boss strategies.

Edited by Edo_Oni

13 hours ago, Lovenewton said:

That makes no sense though. You put Telltale games at the same difficulty rating as HZD and spiderman?

Yup spiderman and hzd are both so easy that anyone that wants the plat pretty much will get it. Ok fine the telltale games without missable trophies should be 0 because its basically free.

In some ways those games are harder than hzd,gow or spiderman. They are fun and keep you wanting to play.. telltale games on the other hand are rubbish and unless you are really into the story you kinda have to soldier through them.

FF7 Remake is pretty easy but not free, and not to the point where you can barely try... so yeah a 3.

Huh theres a regeneration accessory?

Also pretty sure anyone on discord represent a hardcore minority (we here also do) so its not surprising the majority are into ff7 enough to want to 100% it.

• Like 1

I would rate platinum as utterly enjoyable. Easy part is really easy part, made to enjoy the game and that is how it should be. I still had problems and lost encounters even on first playthrough on easy.

After that, when hard kicks in it is really just about strategy. I was afraid about items, but if you really play the game the way they wanted us(on hard), there is no problem, only grind. Kicking those boxes really replenishes your MP and if you are just a little bit more careful through chapter you can always get to the end boss close to your max. If you use magnify cure it is same as potion and in the end it doesnt cost much MP.

Also everything is about patience and strategy - if you fail at one boss, use another materia etc. More about repetition.but when you beat that boss it is really great feeling.

I would rate complete difficulty at about 6/10 - it is time consuming, it has missable trophies and it has a complete new game style on hard which you need overcome. Hard can really be hard, but not that hard that you would turn your back out.

To me the hardest part was hell house and defeating Bahamut in fourth round, but I am yet to defeat chapter 18, so still dont know about last two bosses.

Edited by Rakinho993
  • Like 2

I think the difficulty is very high if you're a RPG fan instead of say, a Dark Souls fan. If you've been playing on Classic because like in the original turn based combat of the original game.

I think true RPG fans who have to delve deep into running around dodging enemies, rolling around and planning out attacks etc like a different game genre are going to find this a very hard game to platinum.

77% of the trophies are easy, the final 4 are where the difficult comes in,

• Like 4

Despite being used to the old mechanics, i'd say it's a 4/10, with certain things pushing it into that score like specific fights or activities. If every fight was as wild as the albino dog fight in chapter 3 then it would have been an issue. It's a nice added challenge to a classic idea and I can get with that.

A lot of people are struggling and posting about darts, squats and sit ups and those are easier tasks than hard mode. It all depends on your overall dexterity for other game genres in general. I suspect a lot of FF7 fans will find the increase of different gameplay mechanics the biggest hurdle. Imagine if you were not able to skip the bike mini games on Hard mode.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

The rating goes from 1-10, therefore 0 is not a rating which means Telltale games are a 1. Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn are clearly harder than a Telltale game, so they can‘t be a 1.

People like you distort the results of platinum difficulty ratings online.

A rating is subjective mine can be whatever I think it is 

FF7 Remake is very very easy for nearly anyone to achieve with some small hurdles..

Telltale gives you a plat just for beating there is literally no difficulty

Spider-Man is crazy easy... but you'd actually have to some side content and such.. doesnt make it hard.. but it does mean gamers that do not care about trophies and just don't feel like doing every single side activity just arnt going to have the plat..  that doesn't mean theres difficulty

I honestly find this game to be a 3

Theres only 10 whole numbers here.. so what telltale is the bottom of 1... a 1.000000 if you will and spider-man is probably somewhere closer to a 1.5 not every 1 willbe exactly the same difficulty that implies theres only 10 stages of difficulty in 1000s of games..

Id like to be able to say ya this game was hard af and I got this platnium through blood,sweat and tears...  but no its not Ive earned a lot of platniums  and this one just isnt very hard..

Call it what you want but I call it 3/10

Saying this game is a 3/10 is such an over simplification. This plat will be much more rare than your 3/10 rating would ever suggest. Game goes from standard RPG to dark souls level on the bosses, most people are not going to bother. Hell I spent like 2 hours on the first boss after beating the game on normal not realizing I was supposed to load up a later chapter and grind out the rest of the 15 or so levels to hit 50 first before even attempting hard mode. And I consider myself a seasoned gamer/trophy hunter.

It's frustrating as hell at times and very skill dependent for boss fights. You can't just grind your way to victory like alot of other JRPG's. Swapping materia constantly is a pain in the ass too. Not hard, but super annoying and time consuming.

Maybe it's a 3 for you specifically but for most people no, it's much higher than that, for hard mode alone.

• Like 4

Dark souls level of difficulty? No not even close.. more like the game goes from I can just mash and everything dies... to   maybe i should avoid those telepgraohed 1 shot moves and pay attention to my hp..

I dont know how you can spend 2 hrs on the scorpion.. 

Yea it has frustrating parts but nothing that should really take that much figuring out losing to a boss after fighting it for 20 minutes sucked, but it was easy to understand how to beat after those losses so I never lost more than once..

This plat is already at 0.9% and that number is just going to soar for a game that came out 2 weeks ago and takes in the ballpark of 60+ hrs to plat.. that is pretty high.

Edited by DemonicDraco

I was level 35 doing scorpion on hardmode, finally realized I needed to grind out to level 50 first and get level 6 weapons, ensure I had tons of leveled materia etc.

Once prepared scorpion went down in two attempts (the lock on system and camera really screw you on several of these close range large mech fights).

But yes the game absolutely goes from one type of more casual action rpg gameplay, to more dark souls type challenge with very little room for errors on boss fights.

0.9% seems pretty low for a game that has been out for 20 days and is at a time when 2/3rds of the USA is literally sitting around at home but what do I know.

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Rakinho993 said:

I would rate platinum as utterly enjoyable. Easy part is really easy part, made to enjoy the game and that is how it should be. I still had problems and lost encounters even on first playthrough on easy.

After that, when hard kicks in it is really just about strategy. I was afraid about items, but if you really play the game the way they wanted us(on hard), there is no problem, only grind. Kicking those boxes really replenishes your MP and if you are just a little bit more careful through chapter you can always get to the end boss close to your max. If you use magnify cure it is same as potion and in the end it doesnt cost much MP.

Also everything is about patience and strategy - if you fail at one boss, use another materia etc. More about repetition.but when you beat that boss it is really great feeling.

I would rate complete difficulty at about 6/10 - it is time consuming, it has missable trophies and it has a complete new game style on hard which you need overcome. Hard can really be hard, but not that hard that you would turn your back out.

To me the hardest part was hell house and defeating Bahamut in fourth round, but I am yet to defeat chapter 18, so still dont know about last two bosses.

The Limit Break item from Pride and joy really made Chapter 18 not too hard. I died once, but after I came up with a strategy and blocked/dodged better and won. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

The Limit Break item from Pride and joy really made Chapter 18 not too hard. I died once, but after I came up with a strategy and blocked/dodged better and won. 

Same here, died only once against final boss and after that easy. It really wort ih to get the gottedammerung item. Helps a lot.

On hard mode I lost once against Bahamut and Ifrit, twice against The Arsenal, and around 6-7 times in various normal battles just trying to push through without healing. There were a few bosses I felt I had an easier time with when compared to normal difficulty, such as Scorpion Sentinel, Hell House, and Whisper Bahamut. Still, it felt fairly difficult. Once again I will have to disagree with the 3/10 brigade.