What's your least favorite platinum?

GilgaMax305

Playstation AllStars Battle Royale. I found the game boring and I had to force myself to play it (beating the game with every character was painful as f*ck) Fortunately online trophies weren't too bad.

I guess it's just not my kind of game since super smash bros on 3DS bored me too :P

Edited by Rollers23

• 7 years later...

My vote would have to go to Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. It feels like they got the core gameplay down and then made everything else as quickly and cheaply as possible. The online often suffers from insane lag spikes, likely due to poor netcode, there's one - just one - single-player mode on offer, and it's probably the most barebones Arcade mode I've ever played, and those two modes are more or less all you get here. The package as a whole is just severely lacking, and I get that it turned out the way it did due to the game likely being rushed and underbudgeted, but it's still just a really underwhelming and half-baked product overall.

The trophy list also suffers from this severe lack of content as well. Outside of a few miscellaneous trophies that are either really easy or really annoying, a vast majority of the trophies are done by completing the barebones and uninteresting Arcade mode with every single character, or by grinding out online matches. The entire list is just a major chore; fight after fight after fight, with almost nothing interesting happening in them. It's just an extremely repetitive grind all the way through. Easy, but very tedious. I think I spend less than 10 hours on it, but it felt like I spent months slogging through the Arcade and online grinds. The trophy list is dull and repetitive, and the actual game underneath just isn't very good. It's a real shame, too, because it had potential to avoid the liscensed game curse and be a solid Smash-like, but it just couldn't stick the landing.

Danganronpa 2. The main game is amazing, but bruh, the game has a few minigame modes that take hours of playtime to complete, and are required for the platinum. I absolutely hate Island mode and Magical Miracle Girl Monomi. I'd rather an unfair and difficult plat that puts you on the edge of your seat over a tedious and boring one that puts you to sleep.

Close second is Shenmue III, with the 1,000 fish trophy which requires like 8-10 hours grinding the fishing minigame.

Edited by Woodsteel95

Used to be that I wasn't very fond of My Name Is Mayo's Vita plat, since it was my former fastest plat milestone right next to the 1337 milestone which was MNIM's PS4 plat; just thought it was a bit lame to have two identical trophies on my milestone list.

Can't really think of a new least favourite plat in its place now that I have no reason to hate it. From recent memory I didn't like Panzer Dragoon Remake's plat cause of the 100hr playtime trophy for a game that could otherwise be finished in less than 2hrs and the RNG involved with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1's skill drops were pretty cancer, but both were still games I enjoyed greatly that felt satisfying to plat.

Among Us is probably the closest to least favourite; I played the game as intended with randos for most of the trophies, but not being able to link accounts meant I didn't have my Steam/mobile cosmetics and I self-boosted the last few trophies like 150 kills using several of my devices which was kinda dull.

I have quite a few very easy platinums but I wouldn't count any of them as a least favorite, however I do have 2 platinums that I just hated towards the end. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Agents of Mayhem.

At least in Diablo 3 while having to level 6 classes to 70 I could use that as an excuse to grind the 500 bounties which still sucked big time but Agents of Mayhem.. apart from being a okay out of 10 game it had you going all over the city to grab orb collectables like in Saints Row 4 but also the Connected Contracts were just annoying. You had to complete 15 of them, only 3 could be done in a day and sometimes you wouldn't be able to get some of them done because people would join your contract and then not help at all, making what could be 5 days of completing contracts take even longer. Thankfully I have that trophy before the servers shut down but blah, did not like grind.

If I had to choose out of the two I would say Diablo 3 is my least favorite, just because the grind of the bounties took a toll on me.

I regret only two of my platinums. The one I regret most is probably Pox Nora, as I played it during a tag team trophy event to boost points and keep up with espz spammers. One of my trophy goals is to get my rarest trophies section free of its cursed influence.

The second is Monster Jam: Steel Titans. It was exceedingly mid. I only went through with finishing it because I was in a trophy hunting event.

Probably Jak II.

I've played (a few) worse games...

... but none that pissed, shat, vomited, regurgitated, and then vomited again all over its genuinely good predecessor, and killed a potentially great franchise stone dead.

If it hadn't been the only game I had in my Vita during a 10 hour flight, I would likely have just dumped it and moved on...

...but pushing through and getting the platinum did nothing but make me embarrassed that I did so.

I have few Plats that many would consider trash, but I don't regret any of them. Except Coffin Dodgers. That game was absolute garbage. It only took me under 3 hours to get the Platinum, but I wish I could get that time back. Give me any Ratalaika game and I'd be happy to play it rather than Coffin Dodgers any day.

I as well played some easy plats and some of them were just punishingly bad. Especially Deep Black and Men in Black Alien Crisis come to mind. Deep Black was insanely boring, glitchy as hell and just not fun at all. Also had 3 trophies glitching on me which didn't improve the experience. Men in Black is an on rails shooter and it is bad in every aspect. Graphics are bad, gameplay is very boring and it is still too long for what it is, game is also way too expensive. (last time i saw in the PS store it was still €40 or so). Horrible games

Edited by Lars

So far Neverwinter Nights was the worst platinum expierience i had i think.

Game itself is not good. Original campain is so boring even OG fans sugest to skip it and just play DLC campains or player made content.

Campain feels like demo of game engine where they show what mechanics and possibilities are in game. Because it was. Main "selling point" was player made and custom servers.

Bad console port.

Crashes and occasional save corruption. Problems with sound. I could hear dialogs only in right ear, speaking with NPCs sets your camera, but for some reason it interacts with "stereo" in that way you can hear only from right side(at least in my language).

Also menus are not remade to accomodate gamepad so using inventory is worse then in other games. There are 2 text size options. Too small and equivalent of biggest font you can have on your phone. 

Game aged poorly. 3D is not impressive anymore and handmade backgrounds look way batter after years then low poly 3D.

I had fun with other remasters and i highly recomend Baldur's Gate's, Planscape: Torment and Icewind Dale to any RPG fan who never played them.

PC is probably better way to play them (and for sure cheaper), but plat is a plat.

Edited by WiktorM101