How do i change difficulty?

how do i do that? I mean i know when on map hold triangle but the options are gray
I have finished all missions now (even tho the game say si have done 27 of 33 but i guess that dlc stuff) and my map changed to this invasion stuff

some of the main missions are red now (i dont know what that is)

when i hold triangle i get the option to change the difficulty but everything thats not „story“ is grey and cant be choosen. Even tho the mission are set on normal. So i can change them to story but then i cannot get back to normal

it also say „the choosen difficulty is below the global difficulty. You can change global difficulty on the map“

i have no clue what global difficulty is and were to change it

also with one of the mission i was able to change it to hard

i played it and now it is set to hard but grey again. So i am back in the situation where i can change it to „story“ but cannot go back to hard“

long story short

what the fucking hell is going on in this game

i played over 600 games ob playstation and in this one i cannot even find out how to change the fucking difficulty

Having a global difficulty set is why the lower options are greyed out.

Global difficulty is a DLC feature; if you don't have it, you can't change it. If you play Conflict (PVP) (maybe other activities, I've only seen this occur in PVP) with someone that has the DLC, and they've set their global difficulty, then you are stuck on their global difficulty setting until you restart the game.

The Problem is That the More difficultvstages are Grayed out. Are they the lower ones because they are in the List below the others ?

anyway thanks for the info i actually DID Play a Pop match Before the Problem came up. So i guess the ones Mission i was able to Play on hard was a glitch or something.

Wait. So I'm in the post game. I can't set the difficulty of story missions to Hard. Do I seriously need the DLC in order to unlock the Hard As Nails trophy?

All I get is "Selected difficulty is beneat global difficulty. You may set global difficulty from the Map or Manhunt screens." But to do that, I need the DLC?

• Like 1

i restarted the game and didnt get that message anymore and it worked fine

but i got another question

some of my missions are no in invasion mode. i finished some of them already so they are grey again but still in invasion mode and the only possible difficulty seems to be normal

how can i change them from invasion to normal mode to be able to play them on hard? do i have to finish them all first? do new missions change to invasion mode after?

On 19/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, AntonLacon said:

Having a global difficulty set is why the lower options are greyed out.

Global difficulty is a DLC feature; if you don't have it, you can't change it. If you play Conflict (PVP) (maybe other activities, I've only seen this occur in PVP) with someone that has the DLC, and they've set their global difficulty, then you are stuck on their global difficulty setting until you restart the game.

So... you can’t change the difficulty level of any mission without buying the DLC?

On 22/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ich1994-1994 said:

No

there is a glitch that does not allow you to change it if you dont have the dlc until you restart the game 

I restarted the game a bunch of times and I still cannot change the difficulty.

My world just changed to Tier 1 and my main missions + strongholds have changed to these red “Black Dusk” missions, there are 12 main missions.

All of the side missions are gone since my world changed to Tier 1.

Do I have to do anything in order to be able to change the difficulty (like maybe I haven’t progressed enough?)

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

@LoveInHell

Its been awhile since I played but I thought you had to beat certain missions and strongholds to progress to WT2 and then different ones to WT3 and all the way up to WT5. Once you gain the higher WT you can switch back to a lower one at any time.

Is that how you got the hard difficulty trophy or you didn’t go for the plat?

Just now, LoveInHell said:

Is that how you got the hard difficulty trophy or you didn’t go for the plat?

To get that trophy you have to change difficulty on each mission before you start it.

Select difficulty by scrolling over the mission on the world map and hold Triangle18x18.png to change difficulty to hard.

4 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

To get that trophy you have to change difficulty on each mission before you start it.

Select difficulty by scrolling over the mission on the world map and hold Triangle18x18.png to change difficulty to hard.

It only shows Normal for me and restarting the game doesn’t solve it. Do I need to progress further?

Edit: also I don’t have the DLC and as some people are saying... you need the DLC to change the difficulty but that seems really ridiculous to me. ?

Edited by LoveInHell

11 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@LoveInHell I think you have to complete the mission in normal first

This link from Ubis site may help as well..  https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Faqs/000042725

:)

Awesome, that link helped me loads.

For anyone having issues:

You can not change your world tiers. You can only change the difficulty of missions once you completed them on Normal. Once your world becomes invaded (Tier World 1), main missions become red but your previous main missions (before it was invaded) remain light grey, the light grey ones can be played on Hard now.

i got the exact same answer when i asked that in this thread 2 posts before you joined the conversation^^

when you play the invasion mode they switch back to grey

but when you play the invasion mode while you are in the global difficulty glitch it does not count as completed. so after i got out of the gltich i had to replay 2 missions that were gray but still had that little arrow symbol