Is Teletraan 1 Regular a secret online trophy?

On 19/04/2020 at 9:29 PM, jayboo1991 said:

Aww damn, my first fail with an online project I finished .. is there any way to write them and might request, that they give us like 1 month time, until they shut them completely down?

You can email Activision until you're blue in the face but it's a futile endeavour, because they don't give a rat's ass about us. All you can do is finish up any other Activision games you have and pray the servers stay open long enough for you to get the online trophies done.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

You can email Activision until you're blue in the face but it's futile endeavour, because they don't give a rat's ass about us. All you can do is finish up any other Activision games you have and pray the servers stay open long enough for you to get the online trophies done.

Or give Bobby Kotick a phone call. Apparently, he's given his personal phone number to Activision employees during the coronavirus outbreak, I imagine one of them have released the number online.

10 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So basically 80% of the players missed out on the platinum of both stacks, really well done Activision scum :S.

It's only the people who just did the online boost and didn't touch the game afterwards. 80% of all players is a little over the top isn't it? 

13 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So basically 80% of the players missed out on the platinum of both stacks, really well done Activision scum :S.

Well, in fairness FoC on PS3 has been around for close to 8 yrs so it wasn't exactly a shock that one would go dark. Should have given more notice, but at this point in time, any PS3 game with functioning online is on life support.

The PS4 game on the other hand was only available for a ridiculously short time, similar to MUA/MUA2, and has been out of the store for about 3 years. So again, it sucks but wasn't exactly unexpected.

• Like 2

I think what's frustrating for me is that none of the guides I saw had the 'Teletraan 1 Regular' trophy as online. I did the multiplayer stuff sometime ago as that's what was listed as online, but missed the plat due to that one sneaky damn trophy. Ah well, I should have checked more thoroughly I suppose.

Well guide writers you should now go fix your big mistake for not correctly stating it as a online trophy, so If the servers never come back then I cannot plat because of inaccurate guides and many others who “thought” they got the online done...

Edited by Conker
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

I think what's frustrating for me is that none of the guides I saw had the 'Teletraan 1 Regular' trophy as online. I did the multiplayer stuff sometime ago as that's what was listed as online, but missed the plat due to that one sneaky damn trophy. Ah well, I should have checked more thoroughly I suppose.

The trophy guide on playstationtrophies shows the game as having 16 "online" games, that's counting the platinum. So it's 15 without it:

Escalation related (5 trophies):

- Robotopossum
- Maccadams Old Oil House
- Space Pirates!
- Rust Marks
- Ultra Power Master

PvP related (9 trophies):

- Reconfiguration Matrix
- Headmaster!
- King of the Scrap Heap
- What Prime Directives?
- Full Throttle Scramble Power!
- Ultimate Menasor
- Moonbase One
- Ballistic Energon Goodie
- Heavy Metal War

So 9 + 5 = 14. The last online trophy is indeed "Teletraan 1 Regular" and they marked it as unobtainable. The trophy comment in the guide doesn't mention anything, but there's a comment from a guy in 2013 that says:

Comment #1 by Prelude2disastr

Thursday, August 08, 2013 @ 06:48:04 AM

Side note: Must be connected to PSN for the rating to be available.

Don't get me wrong, this game is also unobtainable for me, but there are two morals in this story. First, we have to double check trophy requirements with other trophy sites in case there's a mistake in a list, and second, the game released almost 8 years ago. Activision sucks big time in terms of not announcong publicly the shutdown in advance (p.e. 3-6 months in), just saying "the following list are our legacy games and they are unsupported with limited or no online functionalities blah blah", but 8 years isn't a bad lifespan for a game without online "popularity".

5 hours ago, Conker said:

Well guide writers you should now go fix your big mistake for not correctly stating it as a online trophy, so If the servers never come back then I cannot plat because of inaccurate guides and many others who “thought” they got the online done...

Fucken Oath 

34 minutes ago, Wip3r_U said:

but 8 years isn't a bad lifespan for a game without online "popularity".

It was still active daily

• Like 2

On 20/04/2020 at 6:48 PM, Wip3r_U said:

The trophy guide on playstationtrophies shows the game as having 16 "online" games, that's counting the platinum. So it's 15 without it:

So 9 + 5 = 14. The last online trophy is indeed "Teletraan 1 Regular" and they marked it as unobtainable. The trophy comment in the guide doesn't mention anything, but there's a comment from a guy in 2013 that says:

Comment #1 by Prelude2disastr

Thursday, August 08, 2013 @ 06:48:04 AM

Side note: Must be connected to PSN for the rating to be available.

Don't get me wrong, this game is also unobtainable for me, but there are two morals in this story. First, we have to double check trophy requirements with other trophy sites in case there's a mistake in a list, and second, the game released almost 8 years ago. Activision sucks big time in terms of not announcong publicly the shutdown in advance (p.e. 3-6 months in), just saying "the following list are our legacy games and they are unsupported with limited or no online functionalities blah blah", but 8 years isn't a bad lifespan for a game without online "popularity".

I thought i was crazy until i realised that trophy guide was edited. it did say 14+ platinum before. This is the latest screenshot i could find from internet archives before it was edited. So Guide writers messed up in every guide i have checked

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I fall into the "Did the online, but waited on the campaign" camp. Normally, this would piss me off if it becomes forever unobtainable, but the truth is Portal 2 is still on my unobtainable list as well. Ironically enough, much like this game's trophy guide, Portal 2's failed to mention the servers we're no longer supported by Valve on PS3 meaning they would be immediately shut down if something were to happen. Of course, they updated this info after the fact. Something to keep in mind lads for any future games you endeavor using a trophy guide.

Thankfully, I'm no longer as OCD about pure completion as it's futile if you wish to play many games and live somewhat normally. Honestly just hope Sony introduces an option during the PS5 just to hide games that we don't want in our list from ourselves (Doesn't X-Box have that?). I'd be content with that, don't have time to get mad about things like this beyond my control anymore and aren't due to the lack of skill.

That being said, if someone does find an alternative way to get the trophy, please let us know.       

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, haven't had a chance yet.  Currently going through some real life stuff and trying to get a handle on things.  I will certainly try to get to it as soon as I can.

Sad that I didn't capture network data while the PS3 version was still up.  I wonder if anyone has that kinda stuff around.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
53 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

I still wonder, if that would work.

@HusKy do you know, if a network capture would work on Transformers, so at least this 1 trophy is possible.

I know, that a really lot of people finished online, but failed to do this trophy - me included ^^ - (since this is almost the last trophy in the game).

Without capturing original request, this would be very hard to emulate, if even possible.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11.11.2020 at 1:30 AM, HusKy said:

Without capturing original request, this would be very hard to emulate, if even possible.

It seems now a team revived the multiplayer from all Transformers PS3/PC versions.

Since I have no idea about programming - do you think, it's possible to revive this trophy as well or get that trophy on those servers, or are those different?